Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to be successful in SK by being a nobody?

Comments

• edited May 2014
    You CANNOT finish tops in a rd if all the top players survive until end with out having social ties to some good players... it's been like that since rd1... If All MG n LT died then zx n fen finished tops... If we dominated then we finished tops... only way to finish 1st as a nobody is to be liked and have the others who dislike you murked. .. it's a war game which means's it's a conniving, sneaky n shady cesspool! I play for friends personally, I like talking to ppl and running trains
  • edited May 2014
    Holy christ I've got 500 something posts on this account already, the fuck is wrong with me
    It's called making selfies, and then justifying yourself to everyone who thinks your a dick.
    And that is a whole lot of non-dick justification. Around 500 it would seem.
  • no

/thread
  • Holy christ I've got 500 something posts on this account already, the fuck is wrong with me
    It's called making selfies, and then justifying yourself to everyone who thinks your a dick.
    What the fuck are you even saying? I've never taken a selfie in my life lol, fuck all that shit
  • Yes and no or No and Yes. You're bound to make a name for yourself either in good or bad. Moogle stated it the way I would see it, you will need friends to compete.

There are good points from Jones and ChefGreg also. Overall its pretty much a lottery to finish #1. Even for top builders.

Cant say about experience, I just sign up for the sake of being here... Sad i know.
  • edited May 2014
    Holy christ I've got 500 something posts on this account already, the fuck is wrong with me
    Most of us asked the same question about you months ago.
  • Holy christ I've got 500 something posts on this account already, the fuck is wrong with me
    What the fuck are you even saying? I've never taken a selfie in my life lol, fuck all that shit

thread/post selfie bro...
    though i'm sure you've hit yourself up in front of the mirror a few times
  • ... I just sign up for the sake of being here... Sad i know.
  • You are all fucking morons.

carry on.
  • edited June 2014
    Only on Saturdays and Paydays, but idk if I would calk my wife a Moron a little retarded yes, I mean she is married to me..
  • I was kinda nobody when I archived second with De Vinci...

1 Esthar (1:20) 11,631,727
    2 De Vinci (1:14) 10,223,333
    3 Mt Gagazet (1:20) 9,572,566
    4 SHADOWSPACE (1:8) 7,814,638
    5 NoMaNsLaNd (1:1) 6,172,464

To be fair I was in a ridiculous strong sector, and better players got killed one by one, jester (when he was rank 1 with swarm), chefgreg ( monkey?! flames), damdred, RONALD and I was the last one standing...

Good times.
    Same when I archived top 5 with mendacium. That was the round when I was in the same sector as Darius; was jokes with Hayden....

that was a really good round for our group and sector, Ron was in there too. You were FW that round werent you?

• nice work ron
  • That was a fun rounnd i trolled shining so hard
  • That was a fun rounnd i trolled shining so hard

he was so not happy

you would have been super proud jess, im fairly certain he had 120k goons and 40k lds?
  • That's the round that I was VAL of an alliance and I believe Damdred was the FM and we both left the alliance at the same tick. Good times.
  • mmmm isnt that the one where we killed rook and shining and you were left in charge and went afk? Or was that a different one?
  • Oh, that was the one. Only I didn't go AFK we organized a universal regrouping of the alliances. Nobody joined the alliances we set up so we all joined Mercers alliance. He made me VAL and someone else FM and then we bailed on him and Cai made a craptacular alliance that sucked major balls.
  • I was kinda nobody when I archived second with De Vinci...

1 Esthar (1:20) 11,631,727
    2 De Vinci (1:14) 10,223,333
    3 Mt Gagazet (1:20) 9,572,566
    4 SHADOWSPACE (1:8) 7,814,638
    5 NoMaNsLaNd (1:1) 6,172,464

To be fair I was in a ridiculous strong sector, and better players got killed one by one, jester (when he was rank 1 with swarm), chefgreg ( monkey?! flames), damdred, RONALD and I was the last one standing...

Good times.
    Same when I archived top 5 with mendacium. That was the round when I was in the same sector as Darius; was jokes with Hayden....

that was a really good round for our group and sector, Ron was in there too. You were FW that round werent you?

You see that archive list? THAT'S what you get when Shining ALs a round. EVERY. TOP. PLAYER. DED. XD

Nah, seriously tho, that was fun. And Damdred...never again -_-
  • lol choochoo that was a great alliance, problems officers were top notch, didnt we have the top 10 in there?
  • edited June 2014
    We had at least 8 of the top 10, possibly more but I know we had all of the top 5.
  • I like to KT my friends. Makes for good shouting matches.
  • KTing friends is the best way.
  • so, really quick, define "successful"?
  • top twenty @ end.... top 5 @ beginning
  • edited June 2014
    The first half of the game is great for a nobody. The second half it becomes more difficult each day. People on top have already hit most people. You will have to approach a few and attempt a nap. This will draw attention to you. If I already hit the people your size then I am looking at you thinking it is your turn and it is fair. You may get hit and receive a message saying sorry but it is your turn. Once this happens you are of course weakened. Now others that haven't hit you are thinking the same. Suddenly you go from no hits all round to three in a day. You go to bed and when you rise guess what your kingdom is finished. Had you been anybody you may have been able to prevent some of this. At this point it is too late to say oh well I am somebody I expect retribution even as a heavy retailer. You already failed to create that bond where people will war for you. Your best bet is to be known to a select few that matter and advertise that while withholding your idenity to those that can't hit you. Most of the tops appear to follow this strategy.
  • Thats like saying make a ua
  • Yeah you are right it's the same thing. You need a UA if you are going the nobody route.
  • So I will bump this thread because of some things that happened this round.

I heard a lot of people say "Well we aren't going to kill so and so because they didn't participate in war", meanwhile they've most certainly participated in the war by making hits. When I read this all I hear is "I'm not killing him because he's my friend".

I had KD's hit in 1:1 for 3 weeks straight and those people were deemed "inactive" in the war therefore not killed.

So again, it seems having friends in high places is what it takes to win/finish a round.
  • For the record I killed whoever I could and killed some of my best friends in the war and i posted and broke moogle who is a good friend. So yea thats an invalid argument this round