Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim

Comments

• I was hoping to go for a GTX 580 but they are expensive....fucking hate how many cards there is to choose from haha, breaks my mind.
  • Dank, the 4650 is old now, its way less than what you can get on a sub $800 retailed laptop even, they all run 5770 now or higher. Or the 555m GT. GTX 580 is way overpriced, you could build another pc with the cost of that card, a decent pc even. Tbh depending on what motherboard you get, some will have a base which is equivalent to about 4650 HD.

@Dank GTA IV still gives a lot of people problems, I know someone with a 6990 that has graphical issues with GTA IV, they ported it from consoles very sloppily so its overly heavy when it shouldn't because its a 2007 game now. You should upgrade, in the states a vgcard is much cheaper than elsewhere. $100 can get you one that will allow you to run Skyrim on High with about 20 fps, medium on like 60fps.

@Qwj, you gotta say to yourself, how much you really set to spend and see whats the best card for what you need to do for that price...like what games. As some will run better on games with extreme anti aliasing and some have all round better performance. Its basically how shiny and pretty you want everything rather than detailed. Also I recommend you not get crossfire as some cards could have issues with micro stuttering especially if you dont buy them with the same batch numbers, always make sure when you consider crossfire that both cards are made at the same time for reliability issues.
  • Yea so I totally have not played this game in over a week and I have only had it for 2 weeks. I am glad I didn't spent $60 like the rest of you. It is essentially Oblivion upgraded but with a worse storyline.
  • Never played oblivion, but skyrim is holding my attention after what a month? so its dece.
  • Yea so I totally have not played this game in over a week and I have only had it for 2 weeks. I am glad I didn't spent $60 like the rest of you. It is essentially Oblivion upgraded but with a worse storyline.
    For me a game is a game, just like a film. Judge it for what it is rather than how it compares to another in the series. If it is engaging and entertaining, then hell whats there to complain about.
    For games like this, their value lies in their replayability. If you're like me, you'll end up going back and playing it again (maybe only for a week again, but still), and then again later on, and rinse/repeat for years to come. Like I probably said before, I still go back and play Morrowind, and that game came out almost a decade ago. The same can be said for other Bethesda games. Not too many games can claim to have the replayability of Bethesda games.
  • im already bored of it sadly :-/

i do feel like playing some persona 3 again lol, storyline just too good
  • Oblivion with better graphics is also a compliment too.

Lews, the main thing I want it to be able to run is Battlefield 3 1080p on ultra settings.
  • Oblivion with better graphics is also a compliment too.

Lews, the main thing I want it to be able to run is Battlefield 3 1080p on ultra settings.

Hehe that is a shit game just so ya know lol, bugs galore still after patches even. But anyways to run Bf3 go get this

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-147-OK&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=

Or XFX if you dont trust OcUK

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-xfx-hd-6950-xxx-pcie-21-(x16)-5200mhz-gddr5-gpu-830mhz-1408-cores-hdmi-2x-mini-displayport-2x-dv
  • edited January 2012
    BF is beautiful :) Unless you meant oblivion....which is awesome too

arent the new radeon and nvidia cards coming out around feb?

Hopefully if they do the prices of the older models will come down then I might grab a 6970 or a 570/80
  • Yeah new cards should come out around Q1 but not much news regarding that. Prices will decrease by about 10-25% still looking at 150 pounds +
  • edited January 2012
    $100 can get you one that will allow you to run Skyrim on High with about 20 fps, medium on like 60fps.
    Well the idea was to purchase the bare minimum so that I could save up. This rig isn't worth a pot to piss in. I am impressed that it can play any of these games.
    For me a game is a game, just like a film. Judge it for what it is rather than how it compares to another in the series. If it is engaging and entertaining, then hell whats there to complain about.
    Yea so I totally have not played this game in over a week and I have only had it for 2 weeks. I am glad I didn't spent $60 like the rest of you. It is essentially Oblivion upgraded but with a worse storyline.
    For games like this, their value lies in their replayability. If you're like me, you'll end up going back and playing it again (maybe only for a week again, but still), and then again later on, and rinse/repeat for years to come. Like I probably said before, I still go back and play Morrowind, and that game came out almost a decade ago. The same can be said for other Bethesda games. Not too many games can claim to have the replayability of Bethesda games.
    I am not a fan of all the unnecessary hype so I will try to bash this game in every way possible. Its a decent games and nothing more and it certainly didn't deserve all the attention it got.
    Yea so I totally have not played this game in over a week and I have only had it for 2 weeks. I am glad I didn't spent $60 like the rest of you. It is essentially Oblivion upgraded but with a worse storyline.
    I am not a fan of all the unnecessary hype so I will try to bash this game in every way possible. Its a decent games and nothing more and it certainly didn't deserve all the attention it got.
    Oh I agree, I believe its gotten way too much attention...and wait for Diablo 3...thats gonna get a mass amount of attention whilst more indie games such as Amnesia and Metro 2033 are overlooked despite its amazing storyline and gameplay. (albeit with lack of Multiplayer but then again Skyrim doesnt have multiplayer).

• Screw it I'll swing by the store tomorrow and grab a better card. I can't stand that horse skipping another day.
  • Screw it I'll swing by the store tomorrow and grab a better card. I can't stand that horse skipping another day.
    HAHAHA get a new horse :P
    Oh I agree, I believe its gotten way too much attention...and wait for Diablo 3...thats gonna get a mass amount of attention whilst more indie games such as Amnesia and Metro 2033 are overlooked despite its amazing storyline and gameplay. (albeit with lack of Multiplayer but then again Skyrim doesnt have multiplayer).

better than halo/ cod attention by a long mile

• I can't stand that horse skipping another day.
    Maybe hes just happy :-))
  • I can't stand that horse skipping another day.
    Maybe hes just happy :-))
    Exactly, it likes being ridden, just like whores should.
  • Get ATI Qwj...its cheaper and more value for money. Also clockspeeds are similar and just checking benchmarks half the price would get you something that would be only 10% less fps than an Nvidia.

6970 is the cheapest and best value for money, especially if you live in the UK, its less than £180 now for a 2GB card. Also since most modern cards support eyefinity, crank up a few more monitors :P An LG 22' is only like £89 atm...cant remember where but saw it a few days ago.
    word.. best bang for buck imo! and you can even push them to go abit faster with a few mouse clicks ^^
  • Get ATI Qwj...its cheaper and more value for money. Also clockspeeds are similar and just checking benchmarks half the price would get you something that would be only 10% less fps than an Nvidia.

6970 is the cheapest and best value for money, especially if you live in the UK, its less than £180 now for a 2GB card. Also since most modern cards support eyefinity, crank up a few more monitors :P An LG 22' is only like £89 atm...cant remember where but saw it a few days ago.
    word.. best bang for buck imo! and you can even push them to go abit faster with a few mouse clicks ^^
    They keep very cool as well, as the internal fans work well. Also your case will have inbuilt fans anyways so heat isn't going to be a problem, just get a large enough case.
  • i cant play 2 matchs of legends in a row or my computers shuts down from overheating...
  • Buy a new cooling fan.
  • WoW > Skyrim
  • Rift > WoW
  • i cant play 2 matchs of legends in a row or my computers shuts down from overheating...
    check your cpu temperature while you are playing it

if its high try redoing your thermal paste or even buying a new heatsink etc
  • dont know much about computers but it seems related to directx and video driver...

i think i uninstalled 2 porgrasm related to directx...KB999999 (its KB and some numbers, dont remember which)
  • Wow > Ur mother
  • Anything > WoW
  • dont know much about computers but it seems related to directx and video driver...

i think i uninstalled 2 porgrasm related to directx...KB999999 (its KB and some numbers, dont remember which)
    Update drivers....easiest option. Or clean out your rig...might be clogged with dust and hair and pubes.