Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

driver exam

edited February 2014 in General
i'm right now at the line for the drivers final exam(7am)
(only have one chance lol)

so i've been wondering how are the exams where you peeps live

here i have sets of penalties (37total) for 1 to 4 pts...but any combination that puts me above 3 is a Fail.

Comments

• Not sure how it's marked in Germany where I took mine but sounds similar. I passed first time and i hope you do too bro :)
  • Its gonna cost around 1300dollars to start over because they added some useless simulators this year
  • btw, tnx...i just hope i dont run over someone and turn this into a hit and run situation...
  • Just don't stress.
    It's by points, you can miss how ever many points
    Unless you blow a red stop sign. Or do something illegal.
    I failed first try I think. I can't remember, I think he guy said I didn't fully stop at a stop sign.
    I did a cali stop/roll.
  • lol Mystic i took my driving exam 14yrs ago...god damn has it been that long?!?
  • Think over here your allowed to make upto 15
    Minor faults before you fail. Can't make any serious or dangerous faults tho or it's instant fail.

Think I only got 2 minors, that shit was easy
  • all went well...

until i did a turn and had the examiner break the car because i almost hit a kid crossing the street.
    also forgot to use the turn sign and did the turn on 3rd gear...

sad :(

but can still ride bikes though..
  • altogether i lost 12 points...(adding some other shit i pulled off)
  • I'm glad I live nowhere near Unreliable.
  • So different from sweden :o
  • Lmao suxs u failed
  • no idea how it is in Canada, I passed first time. Just do the major stuff, shoulder checks and hands at 2 & 10 full stops and they will pass you

• I did a cali stop/roll.
    lol, slow down, speed up
  • lol Mystic i took my driving exam 14yrs ago...god damn has it been that long?!?
    It's been 11 years to me.
    But now I don't drive for a different reason
  • 12 years ago for me.
  • just gotta remain calm and drive. i had some faggot tailgating me and beeping his horn because I was going the speed limit! but you've just gotta hold your nerve as if you start speeding up you get failed

what are these simulators they added in. seems kind of pointless how they add a simulator just so you can practice driving on the road before you drive on the road
  • I failed my first one turning out the parking lot of the exam place because when I turned, there was a car about 800m away, and I didn't wait for him to pass. According to the instructor, "It could have caused an accident."

Thankfully he was a moron and passed the next try... six years later he is probably still working at that shit hole being a terrible driver.
  • at my place they had a stop line at the exit of the complex but not a stop sign. it was a common trap where people just starting out the test wouldn't notice they had to stop and fail the test within the first minute of leaving.

since thats a major error and you can't have any majors.
  • I failed my first one turning out the parking lot of the exam place because when I turned, there was a car about 800m away, and I didn't wait for him to pass. According to the instructor, "It could have caused an accident."

Thankfully he was a moron and passed the next try... six years later he is probably still working at that shit hole being a terrible driver.
    So you're not still bitter then :P
  • Haha I'm a flawless driver, I hate people who have dead end jobs and use the small amount of power they have to lash out.

Be a man and change your career if youre unhappy.
  • So? Did you pass?
  • Haha I'm a flawless driver, I hate people who have dead end jobs and use the small amount of power they have to lash out.

Be a man and change your career if youre unhappy.
    Flawless is a strong word, I'm a great driver with no accidents but I'm also ADD as fuck and a troll, so I'll do shit like take defensive driving while driving via my phone
    Do you put military shields on while defensive driving?
  • I drive a lot though Darius, my job has me driving an hour to ten hours each way. Probably put more mileage in a year than the average driver does in five.

Not to say that makes me perfect... but I think driver trainers are a joke. A faster, confident driver will always be safer than those shitty ass cautious ones that do the speed limit in the fast lane.
  • edited February 2014
    Hopefully, not too confident as to use cell phones while driving like many taxi drivers...

Zeal, i didnt know ppl had issues with speed limit in other countries lol...
    We have roads for 40-60km/h being crossed at 80-100 because nobody agrees with the speed limitation...(those being non-residential areas)
  • I disagree with most speed limits, they are for sure designed for terrible drivers. I just go whatever is safe, if traffic is going 80 I'll go 80+, doesn't matter what the limit is.

Theres a good youtube video on it, has good arguments. If people keep getting ticketed for going 10 over ina zone, chances are the speed limit should be increased.
  • edited February 2014
    while you may be confident in your driving skills zeality you should always be aware that anything can happen at any time. it may be another driver on the road responsible.

i know ive made mistakes while driving but because i pay attention these mistakes havent been anywhere near serious. i think some people focus a lot when they drive and never have an accident while others that do have accidents are tired, daydreaming or just dont care.

ask most people what caused an accident and you will see they dont take driving seriously to focus enough and that was the reason they crashed.
  • I disagree with most speed limits, they are for sure designed for terrible drivers. I just go whatever is safe, if traffic is going 80 I'll go 80+, doesn't matter what the limit is.

Theres a good youtube video on it, has good arguments. If people keep getting ticketed for going 10 over ina zone, chances are the speed limit should be increased.
    This is the brilliant mentality that Germans have. Part of my learning was going on the autobahn and my instructor saying "Right, take it up to 140 kph. Go as fast as you want, I know if any speed limits kick in. Under no circumstances go under 120"

Best way to learn.