Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-:::Eventual Uni war v Grumpy :::-

Comments

• I wasn't making a commentary on jester's KD, I have no idea what it was like. I just meant in general the amount of O/D you have in any single point in time doesn't really determine how well your KD is built
    Well, if you dont have enough D and get hit, it means your kd wasnt very well built.

Sure, but with DWs around it's hard to maintain any sort of safe D.
    Its not hard to maintain safe D, its just if a scrubby DW has it in for you, all he needs is high pop and he can mass till he hits you, but this only happens early on in the round, they are flash int he pan kds that drift off into nothing just as quick as they become dangerous.SB couldnt be more wrong though, the amount of D you have at any given time does determine how well your kd is build, also the amount of O and D you build a specific times does too, whats the point in having a shitload of land if it can be taken away from you at any given time?

your building can look great but if you cant defend them then whats the point?
    That's not the point I was making though. I was saying that particularly in early game, the amount of O or D you have doesn't equate to how well your KD is built. If you have great offense and great defense in the early game, but a week later you weren't able to keep it up, was the KD built well to begin with? My point is that saying that a KD is built well based on what his offense and defense was at one point in the early game is silly.

As a side note defense is worthless unless somebody is hitting you, and offense is worthless unless you are using it to hit with. I know that sound rather silly, but if you can get away with having lower D to get your research done sooner, that's a good deal no? It's why even though a KD might have excellent O and D in the early game might not be considered well built, because he's still using nuclear power plants without RWCE and TFs a far off dream.
  • I wasn't making a commentary on jester's KD, I have no idea what it was like. I just meant in general the amount of O/D you have in any single point in time doesn't really determine how well your KD is built
    Well, if you dont have enough D and get hit, it means your kd wasnt very well built.

Sure, but with DWs around it's hard to maintain any sort of safe D.
    Its not hard to maintain safe D, its just if a scrubby DW has it in for you, all he needs is high pop and he can mass till he hits you, but this only happens early on in the round, they are flash int he pan kds that drift off into nothing just as quick as they become dangerous.SB couldnt be more wrong though, the amount of D you have at any given time does determine how well your kd is build, also the amount of O and D you build a specific times does too, whats the point in having a shitload of land if it can be taken away from you at any given time?

your building can look great but if you cant defend them then whats the point?
    That's not the point I was making though. I was saying that particularly in early game, the amount of O or D you have doesn't equate to how well your KD is built. If you have great offense and great defense in the early game, but a week later you weren't able to keep it up, was the KD built well to begin with? My point is that saying that a KD is built well based on what his offense and defense was at one point in the early game is silly.

As a side note defense is worthless unless somebody is hitting you, and offense is worthless unless you are using it to hit with. I know that sound rather silly, but if you can get away with having lower D to get your research done sooner, that's a good deal no? It's why even though a KD might have excellent O and D in the early game might not be considered well built, because he's still using nuclear power plants without RWCE and TFs a far off dream.
    That makes more sense but is still dependent on circumstances and also the PT you choose. once the early phase of flash in the pan DWs are out the way though, having absolute safe D is a must. Unless you fall lucky and end up having every single top offense in your own alliance.
  • now can we get back to the topic? we allready have 3 threads how bad dws are this round lol.

1 Dead Rev Kd

1:16 dye it 3600 land 700k nw, dead dead dead.

--------------------------------------------

0 dead GoM Kd
  • edited January 2014
    Just have to survive the first two weeks and most of these baddies fall behind or get flattened by the Arson express.
  • Thought you aint involved in the war lovsan
  • i am not, i just posted some details of war :)
  • He's just helping you guys kill each other faster. A good Samaritan.
  • well, it allready looks like war is over :P
  • Appears someone figures out cobras was fun for all lol. Didn't take long...DW in the top 5 and passing all the turtles would be a threat. To bad he didn't get another 3-4 days he would have passed all the turtles.
  • He would have passed them in Nw. He was in 5th when the anti turtles went after him and was only catching the ones in front of him.
  • faithless, you didnt figure the turtles were explroing and massing soldiers, Cobras was massing military while the turtles explore... see what happens when the turtles go to mobi? ;)
  • He would have passed them in Nw. He was in 5th when the anti turtles went after him and was only catching the ones in front of him.
    NW doesnt mean anything at this pt. All that matters is keeping a safe defense and consistent land growth. More offense = incapable of exploring bc you lose income, forcing you to grab, and round bonus ruins grab strats

Cobras was realistically closer to #15 or #20 in terms of overall KD potential
    the round bonus isnt really that bad, if you keep 2wl'ing the fattys you can keep up with exploring kds somehow, dont go after the biggest kds, just keep tapping the mid size kds or bigger if u find a fatty, u grow very well :) + most of your income used in military/buildings. exploring is allready dam expsensive so it pretty much even's it out.
    NW doesnt mean anything at this pt. All that matters is keeping a safe defense and consistent land growth. More offense = incapable of exploring bc you lose income, forcing you to grab, and round bonus ruins grab strats

the only turtles i would not have caught would have been those i chose not to hit...when the first hit came i was i think a 37K goon break and had enough LDs in training to be 45k goon break within 12 hrs...i had about 25k goons...my pop/money/mili research were all maxed and had finished fus, ec, ld, pa so my statics were done with my DW strat

my pop with bldgs in construction would have put me close to 100k pop last night night and by tomorrow night my Defense was on track for about 60K 3wl dwsl goon break and 60k goons myself...so i would have prob been about 10K goons over next closest O in defense and 60K goons woulda been able to smack turtles from the top of the leader board down(again except those that would be safe)

and as far as my income i was 50-60% of my NW in hourly income (was about 950k NW when broken) which allowed me to max explore every other day when we were going growth/mobi

but darius you never took me up on my open invitation so sit down son ;)
  • Cobras was rank 5 Nw and in top 10 land. He had more defence then most of the top 10. He was DW so was targetted. If he had another 2-3 days to grow he would have got more land them all of them and would have past them in Nw since he would have been able to start hitting the top 10 within 2-3 days aswell. Fact is most the top 10kds are trash most are friends of the anti turtles so they are safe. Even with there trash kds. Only a couple of them even had 40k goon defence after today.
  • edited January 2014
    Take note this is why cobras gets multied day 1 Outta newbie if he tags up. To bad its his last round. Sucks to see a player who doesn't cheat and use a army of naps to keep themselves in the top 10.
  • Darius cobra would beat u so bad in this game its not even funny.
  • 28k break 32k goons? Not the worst KD.
    He would have passed them in Nw. He was in 5th when the anti turtles went after him and was only catching the ones in front of him.

I dont think youre in the position to tell people that NW means nothing at this point. Seeing the one round you played you said you won the round at 1 million NW

On top of that youd only know about his KD etc compared to the rest if you were playing
  • Cobras is a soild player not not in a million years would he have caught up with top KDs this round, the round bonus made it so any chance he did have been DW worked against him in the long run.

Firstly to beable to mass and hit the biggest KDs he would of had to go huge amount of Res. Which in turn would of made his income quite shitty, no kd this round can sustain constant mobi due to return times so unless he was robbing absolute silly amounts (which he wasnt) then he would of fell further and further behind in land. Ok he can hit massively but how far apart are wls this round?

The bigger he got the harder it would of been to keep up, the 20% explored coupled with the massive gaps in wls returning meant he really didnt stand a chance of being at the very top.
  • edited January 2014
    yea even though DW is OP, they still won't win over hardcore explore turtles with a round bonus like this.

Cobras did good though, one of the few pro DWs this round.
  • edited January 2014
    Yea cobra good kd hence why I picked u as kt not even knowing it was u. Till just a few hrs before. All in all it's been a good war and I see things clearing up shortly.
  • Rev killed gom kd

Ben Adaephon Delat (1:11) dead dead dead dead

Was about 950k nw
  • Say what you like about jester's kd, he made you work for that KT lol
  • He may not have caught up normally with the top players but he would have been able to roll them and slow them down which in turn would have brought his land closer to or above those that he hit.

Turtles are shit kingdoms and you can pretty much bully them. If the rest of the top kingdoms are turtles you only need min def as you know you arent going to get hit and you can just catch their D easily with DW.

Its like those huge oceanic turtles that wer 8-9-10k land ahed of me when I was mount. I had easily enough def so just sat back built tfs and rolled all of them until I was like 10k land ahed of them.

If he played the growing game he would lose, if he played the offensive game they would get hit.
  • darius, stfu
  • Qwj can't be taught real tricks he is just a parrot.
  • parrots are quiet smart :P my old gf's learned words like whore, fuck, etc :D
  • Actually darius what qwj is saying I would say is usually true. I've played many a kd and just smacked rank 1 land kds until I was eventually rank 1 land.

However this round with +20% explore AND +50% longer return time. It's probably not ever gonna be possible for a grabbing kd to keep up with an exploring one. Best case scenario for a grabbing DW is massing offence, sneaking a grab on a turtle - turtles goes mob doubles defence explores and takes the lead again. Obviously there will be exceptions, like noobs who explore too much land that they have no hope of keeping, seen that a few times already this round.

A well played turtle is well an truely god mode this round though.
  • Exactly as I said. An offense kingdom wont be able to keep up in the growing game. But a good DW could easily keep smacking them down and taking their land.

Whats up darius, dont think it is possible mate? I wasnt making that strategy up, I have done it myself. That is the difference between me and you mate.
  • you can keep up with dw this round easy i think, just keep 2wling ppl, dont go for the biggest kds asap.