Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wraith King - Dota

edited December 2013 in General
If any of you Dota players want to do this Wraith King event holla. I'm waiting on a pizza then I'm going to drink this 5 hour energy.

Comments

• I'd like to join you but Megan is going to be working on homework all night.
  • You better log on to get your Christmas presents. Hella loot.
  • edited December 2013
    Legion commander too stronk
  • Serious question. Try not to troll, I want honest opinions here.

I've been playing League Of Legends for 4 months and, as time passes, I find myself playing more and more. It's pretty fun and addicting.

Now, I hear about DOTA a LOT. I've never seen it played, screenshots, don't know jack shyt about it at all but I hear a lot of good things from random people and places.

Is it any similar? How hard is it to get up to speed if you're a complete novice to the game?

League VS DOTA...go, go, go.
  • League commander snowballs hard.

Anyway, not crazy about wraith night. Not as fun as the Halloween event IMO.
  • Also, LoL is for babies. Garbage game.
  • LOL Why do you say that? I happen to like it.

So DOTA's better to you?
  • I play a lot of LoL and have never played DOTA, reason being simply i didnt want to have to learn a whole new set of mechanics/strats etc.

But since I play on EUW, it is a little bit shambolic in recent months. LoL got too big for Riot to handle and royally fucked up a good few things but i think they've realised that competition will screw them if they dont shape up. It's a really fun game but I need to play with people I enjoy playing with. Having to deal with random raging children amongst all the server instability issues is just not something I'm willing to tolerate anymore
  • edited December 2013
    League commander snowballs hard.

Anyway, not crazy about wraith night. Not as fun as the Halloween event IMO.
    Duel would be crazy even if it didnt give you the damage, i laned LC and WD twice today cask into maladict, gives time for Legion to get close enough for duel into WD ult, cant run while dueling and has to eat the whole ult. We were just rolling lanes.

His 2nd ability is really strong too, purge all debuffs, move speed boost and heal? dayyyyum

He scales real well with str, Amulet, sny all cheap items that make him even more stronk for not much cash. The durations on his skills work out aswell, you can use the arrow call down skill > into the regen/speed into duel, with your passive procing all in the duel duration.

Expect nerfs
  • Dota is for faggots
  • Serious question. Try not to troll, I want honest opinions here.

I've been playing League Of Legends for 4 months and, as time passes, I find myself playing more and more. It's pretty fun and addicting.

Now, I hear about DOTA a LOT. I've never seen it played, screenshots, don't know jack shyt about it at all but I hear a lot of good things from random people and places.

Is it any similar? How hard is it to get up to speed if you're a complete novice to the game?

League VS DOTA...go, go, go.
    I just started and have had some fun. I've been playing matches against bots with other players and everyone has been pretty decent. It is a bit tricky but still some good entertainment.
  • edited December 2013
    Dota has the largest player base and highest prize pool of any esport... ever. I have never played LoL because I hear I need to pay or at the least wait to play all heros. I don't know if LoL has an economy either. On Dota money literally falls into your lap as you play. Maybe just a quarter here a dollar there but realistically if you refuse to pay into Dota you can get payed a bit to play it. That is crazy man name another game like that? When I first started my first prize drop was a Pudge hook which now sells for two hundred bucks. At any point if I decide to bail from Dota I can cash out and have hundreds back in my Steam wallet shortly after. Last week I wanted a game but I didn't want to use my bank card so I just sold a courier for thirty bucks a minute later. You could ask Qwj why Dota sucks something about only poor people play... that's the kind of dumb shit people have to say against it. If you just started LoL I'd recommend you flip. I think if you ask people why they are playing LoL instead you'll find out it's because they are invested.
  • For the leaguers, I just don't like the limited hero pool unless you pay, and the pay to win junk.
  • Did you send me something Dank? Dota is a bit slow this morning, I didn't see anything.
  • I like dota more than lol but i have found dota to be more item dependent per character more learning for situations and vs other heroes
  • edited December 2013
    No, I haven't sent anything Darubian. It's slow because they let everyone have those gifts so everyone is logged on. It keeps crashing too.

If I have any critique of Dota it's that being the largest they have server issues. After a patch it's like trying to sign up for ObamaCare.
  • edited December 2013

Doesnt even compete!
  • I don't see the img
  • Dank and I are playing now if someone wants to join.
  • Btw dank where are you getting the statistics for player base numbers and eSports prize pools? Because everything I've ever read has said LoL > DOTA in that respect
  • edited December 2013
    During the International in August, as Valve decided to exit the beta, Dota broke the records: for people watching the tourney, playing the game, and the prize pool. Navi who placed second also became the largest prize money winner in esports. Dota is not only in the lead they are getting big name sponsors like Papa John's that would normally not be interested.

http://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments

http://www.dailydot.com/gaming/dota-2-twitch-biggest-esports-streaming-day/

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-04-10-dota-2-passes-league-of-legends-as-most-played-pc-game

When the players threw a fit because there wasn't a Halloween event even Forbes magazine jumped in.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/11/02/valve-forgot-diretide-halloween-and-dota-2-fans-are-not-pleased/

We got our wish right after that and pretty much told Volvo we desire them as a sponsor. Volvo's response... give Diretide.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/dota/dota-2-fans-hound-volvo-answers-over-absent-halloween-event

Why Volvo? Because we can simply force a company to do what we want by trolling another company that has nothing to do with it. That my friends is a large organized player base. Maybe some people didn't think it was possible but they were wrong because we can and we did. Ignoring your community who dragged you the second you came out of beta instantly to rank 1, not going to work. In their defense Valve still has server issues to iron out and really wasn't prepared for this.
  • Dank you are full of shit and sound like darius, stop posting.
  • edited December 2013
    Dogtown it's not really a debatable type of thing and I'm replying to a question that was asked. Maybe you should choose a different thread to pretend you are relevant in.

Also, unless you skateboard in pools I'd really appreciate you using a different name and stop posing. As someone who was a sponsored skateboarder on a real team I can smell your fakeness a mile away. If you're going to choose a random name because you lack creativity try not to latch onto something that is known world wide, k thanks faggot.
  • ive played both and i prefer LoL
  • Dogtown it's not really a debatable type of thing and I'm replying to a question that was asked. Maybe you should choose a different thread to pretend you are relevant in.

Also, unless you skateboard in pools I'd really appreciate you using a different name and stop posing. As someone who was a sponsored skateboarder on a real team I can smell your fakeness a mile away. If you're going to choose a random name because you lack creativity try not to latch onto something that is known world wide, k thanks faggot.
    Dogtown is always just posting threads bagging people out/ trolling (which is fine, its called the internets) i wouldn't take him too seriously.

• Dota 2 is pretty tight. Dragged Ice out to a cyber cafe for a game.
  • you damn dirty coppers
  • Where you been Rel
  • heyo arsonigga, been hangin out, married newbiemodes sister 2 years ago and have a kid with her now.
  • heyo arsonigga, been hangin out, married newbiemodes sister 2 years ago and have a kid with her now.
    newbiemode had a sister? and rel married her? pics or it didnt happen