Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For the Conservatives out there

Comments

• Yea I know he has a wierd religion but I wont let that affect me over his political views, which I agree with.
    Which ones? The dude changes his positions based on who he is talking to. Turn off the FoxNews and witness the most transparent corporate robot to run for president yet.

Seriously anyone who believes and of these bought off cunts are going to change a damn thing are out of their mind. We're right back to choosing the lesser of two evils, which I believe is the guy who doesn't believe in magical underwear and change his mind every 7 seconds.
    While the problem is that both the Republican and Democratic candidates are something to be despised, the greater issue is that the election itself is engineered into a two party system. Neither candidate (with any chance of winning) will be able to change a damn thing when only two parties make up the political spectrum.

I don't want to make exceptions and compromises for my party, I want a party that truly represents me and my ideals.
  • Yea I know he has a wierd religion but I wont let that affect me over his political views, which I agree with.
    Which ones? The dude changes his positions based on who he is talking to. Turn off the FoxNews and witness the most transparent corporate robot to run for president yet.

Seriously anyone who believes and of these bought off cunts are going to change a damn thing are out of their mind. We're right back to choosing the lesser of two evils, which I believe is the guy who doesn't believe in magical underwear and change his mind every 7 seconds.
    While the problem is that both the Republican and Democratic candidates are something to be despised, the greater issue is that the election itself is engineered into a two party system. Neither candidate (with any chance of winning) will be able to change a damn thing when only two parties make up the political spectrum.

I don't want to make exceptions and compromises for my party, I want a party that truly represents me and my ideals.
    I agree with Sci. We need more diversity. Sadly all the other groups with any kind of population HAD to move into either Democrat or Repuplican. . Where I am from it is only just recently that a registered republican can even vote in my county.

I agree with Sci. We need more diversity. Sadly all the other groups with any kind of population HAD to move into either Democrat or Repuplican. . Where I am from it is only just recently that a registered republican can even vote in my county.
    That's not even scratching the surface of the problem. Almost every county/state is governed by a winner-take-all system. Look it up, it's what makes our entire politics nothing but a joke.
  • I agree with the Electoral College. Take Florida for example. The ENTIRE state went Mccain except 7 counties and Florida went with Obama. The Pop Centers had more say. Without an Electoral College NEW YORK, FLORIDA, and CALIFORNIA would control every election. I dont like how Florida is a Winner Take All Electoral State. I prefer the you take what you win
  • edited April 2012
    I agree with the Electoral College. Take Florida for example. The ENTIRE state went Mccain except 7 counties and Florida went with Obama. The Pop Centers had more say. Without an Electoral College NEW YORK, FLORIDA, and CALIFORNIA would control every election. I dont like how Florida is a Winner Take All Electoral State. I prefer the you take what you win
    Who won the Florida popular vote?

And the national popular vote was 69456897 to 59934814 for Obama. I'm not sure what point you're making unless the Florida popular vote went to McCain - in which case are you in favor of the total popular vote of each state should dictate completely it's electoral votes?
  • Obama Out of just Miami, Orlando, and Tampa, The rest of the state went McCain. But under winner take allmy Electoral Rep had to give it to Obama. Other states have it where they go where heir region goes
  • You do not understand the winner take all system. Please inform yourself and then return.
  • I like politics
  • Then inform me. I am talking Electoral College for Florida. Tell me what you are talking about Sci
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plurality_voting_system

I'm talking more about the problems of a two party system (which the Winner Take All system forces upon us) than the Electoral college.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-party_system#Comparisons_with_other_party_systems

The problem with a two party system is that at the beginning of the election the Democrats and Republicans are on opposite sides. Very Liberal and very conservative. As the election moves forward their focus and goals push inward. Creating two candidates that are essentially the same person minus a few issues (which are usually non-issues, like Abortion or Gay Marriage).
  • I understand exactly what your saying. But what are your suggesting to fix it?
  • Um. A multi-party system... I thought that was pretty clear.
  • Australia r00lz
    yeah because somehow having a ugly red haired bitch thats trying to copy america is 10x better
  • Obama Out of just Miami, Orlando, and Tampa, The rest of the state went McCain. But under winner take allmy Electoral Rep had to give it to Obama. Other states have it where they go where heir region goes
    Wouldn't the Miami, Orlando, and Tampa regions still have more electoral votes than the rest of Florida?
  • The electoral college can vote different from the popular vote, but it hasn't happened in forever. The main practicality these days of the electoral college is for states like New York and California, where the votes can be officially tallied over before all the popular vote is counted (because with say 80 percent of the votes counted those states may already be essentially decided).

Honestly though I don't know a good reason why we don't go with the popular vote. We could have completely avoided Bush.
  • Because then 3 states would control the election for the rest of the country. That doesnt make sense. Cali, Florida and New York would decide EVERY President. That is why we stick with Electoral College
  • Because then 3 states would control the election for the rest of the country. That doesnt make sense. Cali, Florida and New York would decide EVERY President. That is why we stick with Electoral College
    The electoral college is spread proportionally to population of the state. I've been trying to figure out your difference here, but honestly, the only difference is that swing states would be more accurately portrayed by a popular vote.
  • So I everyone agrees with what I said or none of you can come up with a legit argument against me. Guess I won my point :)
  • So I everyone agrees with what I said or none of you can come up with a legit argument against me. Guess I won my point :)
    Your point? You said you agree with the video. Why would anyone respond to that?
    Your point? You said you agree with the video. Why would anyone respond to that?
    So we all agree the video is correct. Cool beans.
  • Canada is the bestest when it comes to erections
    So we all agree the video is correct. Cool beans.
    You implied that you made some profound point and that no one could refute. You didn't, you basically just copied what the video said minus the global warming being a hoax.