Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-=2011/2012 Football/Soccer Season=-

Comments

• i wasnt bragging you tool i was replying to this

Haha coming from the loser club in midtable with no hopes of European football or ANY cup/trophy in the near future and present.

^^

every part of that is wrong.

as far as you being a big club dont make me laugh, as soon as roman is fed up lets see how long you last. You cant stand on your own two feet and you simply cant exist without your owners checkbook. Youve won nothing and will continue to win nothing,

ps thanks for the 50mill you mugs :-))
  • Do Chelsea fans in the UK wear scarves as much as Chelsea fans here in the US? And are you legally allowed to beat them over there?
    They give out plastic flags for their home games to "create atmosphere" because the fans are so shit that its quiet around the ground otherwise :-))
  • i wasnt bragging you tool i was replying to this

Haha coming from the loser club in midtable with no hopes of European football or ANY cup/trophy in the near future and present.

^^

every part of that is wrong.

as far as you being a big club dont make me laugh, as soon as roman is fed up lets see how long you last. You cant stand on your own two feet and you simply cant exist without your owners checkbook. Youve won nothing and will continue to win nothing,

Geordies LOL at your fail of a 35mil. Oh and good luck with your 3rd string GK ;P

And how was every part of that wrong? Are Liverpool not midtable? You arent top 7! Therefore you are out of automatic qualification for Europe. And yeah winning Carling cup, you're in Europa cup (loser european tournament...though we need to be careful). I do take back that Liverpool are a shit club, though what doesnt help them is their fans always cumming over themselves about their 'past' achievements, most of which are a during the 70's/80s with a brief early 2000 revival. Just get over yourselves that Chelsea is now a big club. We were small, but eventually clubs become big, and we are a big club. You can't deny that.
  • you said a club with no hopes of european football (which we already have guarenteed whether its loser european or not)

and no hope of a trophy now or in the future. well we just won one and are playing in a semi final 2moro.

i dont see how you can think you are right here biatch!
  • I am right, you are midtable :)
  • Liverpool are incredibly average. Their fans dine out on their past, and their heros. I.e King kenny. He will continue to drag Liverpool down. Get rid. He is cementing his reputation as an average manager and tarnishing his reputation as a great player.

Also Chelsea are very average at the mo too. Man City at their best are by far and away the best team in the league. They are just too inconsistent. United rely on Rooney. Van Persie is Arsenal. Liverpool are nothing with Suarez and Gerrard. I think spurs are now the 3rd best side. With one of the best managers.

The real King Kenny is Kenny Miller. We all know this.
  • Yep Man city have shown themselves to be the best team by winning the league consistantly since spending hundreds of millions

get a clue mate, city are bottlers and will never be as good as utd, and thats something coming from a liverpool fan
  • edited April 2012
    Youve won nothing and will continue to win nothing,

So.. ok... in the past 10 years we've won 3 Premier League titles, 3 FA cup trophies, 2 community shield trophies and 2 careless cup trophies. GOOD CALL BRAH. What've you won, compared to that? Be gone, mid-table team.

You want to stop pretending you know about things that you don't :P

• Youve won nothing and will continue to win nothing,

So.. ok... in the past 10 years we've won 3 Premier League titles, 3 FA cup trophies, 2 community shield trophies and 2 careless cup trophies. GOOD CALL BRAH. What've you won, compared to that? Be gone, mid-table team.

You want to stop pretending you know about things that you don't :P

are you seriously asking me what we have won? do you smoke soap?

I S T A N B U L ring a bell?

you know what your owner has spent the goodpart of a billion trying to win?

well we won that. The only time you come close was in your owners back yard when the mancs spanked you and had your faggot captain in tears.

so stop pretneding you know about things when you dont :P
  • Yep Man city have shown themselves to be the best team by winning the league consistantly since spending hundreds of millions

get a clue mate, city are bottlers and will never be as good as utd, and thats something coming from a liverpool fan

I said at their best... and that they are too inconsistent... Thats the thing with United. They don't play particularly well in 75% of their games, but they score in the 94th minute and still win. Thats why they will win the league.
  • edited April 2012
    Yep Man city have shown themselves to be the best team by winning the league consistantly since spending hundreds of millions

I said at their best... and that they are too inconsistent... Thats the thing with United. They don't play particularly well in 75% of their games, but they score in the 94th minute and still win. Thats why they will win the league.
    Dont listen to qwj, he trolls. I agree Man City at their best is formidable opposition, yet they are inconsistent and Balotelli has single handedly (and Tevez to an extent), messed their chances up.

United play crap, but can always edge that 1 goal in stoppage time, which is why they are EPL champions.

I admit Chelsea has been average for last 3 years, I've said many a times that we need to sell Drogba, Kalou and Mikel. The former because of his mentality and the latter 2 cos they suck ass. Terry I'd keep outside the first team as well, he seems to work better from the bench. Lamps still has 1-2 years left in him. We didnt give Di Santo a chance, a shame cos he's doing relatively well at Wigan. We need to now focus on centering the team around Mata and Ramires, rather than the old guns. Cech hasnt been his old self since Hunt almost commited manslaughter on him. Ive watched courtois play this season and he's pretty consistent albeit a little experienced in set plays but thats always fixable, the kid has good handling and reflexes.

I liked Villas boas cos he gave Romeu and Lukaku a chance, seems Romeu is now benched and Lukaku nowhere to be seen. Both youngsters need more time. Will be interesting to see how de Bruyne fits in, perhaps where malouda/kalou plays on the wing as I dont see him relinquishing Lamps' position at least not the next season.

I think Piazon is a bargain buy but only seen him play in 1 match and i think it was the french toulon cup (cos China u17 plays there too). For now, I think we need pace, we dont play enough attractive football as we seem to slow the match down as soon as we get the ball. I hate long balls, short passing is the way and if we can get more young talent with stamina to run and pass, then it can only be good, as long as whoever manages us next emphasis more on youth than retired old stars.

We need to get Kakuta, Mceachran and van aanholt back, they are the future, especially Kakuta who seems to be doing well in the lower depth of the French ligue 1.

I dont want us going for Neymar as I think he will have a personality problem as he apparently has a massive ego due to his youth hype. He'll probably end up like Mario's twin brother. I still think Jovetic and Hamsik are acquisitions we should make, both should cost total around 35mil me thinks. Boost our defense up with some germans, probably Hummels as he's done well for country and club, if we can get Gotze would be great but I see someone like Real or Barca more likely going for him. In which case the overlooked Lewis Holtby would be good especially when he can probably be bought for relatively cheap (£10m i think...).

And a few people know that I've been touting Lewandowski as the next big thing and he is surely doing well in the league. First impressed when i watched him play on bet365...free streaming :), was when he was still in ekstraklasa.

Also Van Wolfswinkel and Bas Dost are both players I think are good enough to play in the PL, particularly thing Ricky can play at Chelsea as he's a good holding striker.
  • Football described in 1 simple picture:

• edited April 2012

• edited April 2012
    Football threads always end up at the worst kind of boring repetitive banter, yawn.

• ^yeah what he said
  • stfu and get out of our football thread, we invented the sport and its called football end of.

its also the worlds biggest sport by a longway. If you dont like it then your nothing but an emo kid
  • Yea, I'm sure you personally had a hand in inventing the sport.
  • Bob Dole did.
  • rename this thread from football to soccer.

Go Porto!
    Why when it is football, and was called football before the american version even existed?
    Get this junk out of the forums when you don't know what you're talking about. England played Scotland in 1872 for the first international ---->soccer<---- match, whereas Rutgers played Princeton in the first intercollegiate ---->football
    rename this thread from football to soccer.

Go Porto!
    Why when it is football, and was called football before the american version even existed?
    and is played by kicking a ball with your foot the whole game.

Exactly, and its actually a ball.

I am a fan of american football but it should be now known as handegg

hand-->egg shaped ball = handegg
    foot-->ball = football

Football is a term that dates further than your short memories, goes all the way back to medieval times. Football is a game played with a ball on foot. The ball made to the shape of your foot. The game is started by kicking the ball with your foot. Each play starts with the ball at your foot.

Yours should be called kickball, but it was already given the name soccer.

In addition, ---> football <--- originates from episkyros back in 2500 BC. It was quite a violent sport, played quite well by Spartans. Rugby comes from phaininda, in 2000 BC. Soccer is a childish sport that is several millenia younger.</blockquote>

And your version of 'football' is...
  • Ya know bomberboy, if we were sad enough like you, we coulda easily found a bunch of photoshopped crap about your handegg ball too.
  • inb4 bomberboy realizes the irony in him bashing how gay soccer is, when he spent that much time searching "gay soccer pictures" on google....
  • hahaha Americans

I didnt mention "official" names, I said it was "called" football by fans around the world before the american sport existed.

If it should be kickball then why isnt the nfl called throw ball :-))

And lews how is that trolling mate? the best team in the league is the team that does the best over the season, which has never been Man City. Only idiots would look at the team "on paper" and say its a better team because that means nothing. Man Utd are a better team than City, if they weren't then City would be top.

All this "they are inconsistent" talk is a waste of time, yes they are and that is one of the main points of why they arent as good.
  • Also if they are going to use the "manly" argument then the obvious response will always happen

• Lol@ safe rugby. I never join these debatws cause it has no bearing on how enjoyable a sport is. That being said, hockey is more manly than either football, doesnt make it better. I just like t more :-|
  • I usually dont, I love NFL :)
  • In Ameican football, balls are carried with hands. Does that mean that in American bedrooms, guys like bomber aren't getting handjobs, but footjobs?
    HAHA

though he probably cant tell the dif between handjobs and footjobs seeing as to how blind he is to think that 'soccer' is gay.
  • wtf do you keep babbling shit for, the first football game was england vs scotland? wtf are you talking about ???

we invented football its called football around the world its known as soccer but mostly known as football because thats what its called. If you wanna call your football football then fine, i couldnt give a shit if im honest, i also couldnt give a shit when your first official game was so please refrain from posting it again.

We invented the sport of football and its the biggest sport in the whole wide world bar none. so suck my dick and stop posting shit you fucking nonce
  • bomberboys, get your history straight. If you want to go on history: The history you keep mentioning is for Rugby. American Football comes from rugby and football(soccer for you) and did not exist before.

Also you keep mentioning that the first intercollegiate american football game was before the first international football game....how do these two compare? Either compare dates of the first international games or the first national games...(which in both Football was earlier)
  • its the cheapest sport ey? HAHAHAHAHAH you know NOTHING please stop posting you look more and more silly with every post.

• You invented soccer, it is called soccer, in other languages they call it other things.
    O RLY?