Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well round is screwed.

2»

Comments

• sometimes it takes a good mentor.

I sucked when i first started. I had alot of help from friends along the way. I also bothered ppl alot and asked a ton of questions. Here I am a few years later. Addicted to this crappy game....
  • I have had a mentor. Bowser.

My weakness, is I'm a slow starter.

My usual noob build..
    Initial buildings, 16 resi, barrack and PF. 64 SMs.
    Explore 24 land, then go for scientists, to get income& pop research.

After that I explore when can do 14-16+ and mass soldiers and scientists.
    Usually aim for 300-400 out of noob.

The military, I aim for 450-500 troopers, rest LTs, average 1900-2200...

Short of going Tanks, and doing 80 SMs 0 resi, what can I do different?

As I'm fw, I make inactive 10-25 land grabs, while exploring. I can't seem to get enough offence to get 50-100 land grabs during week 1-2.

I tried increased offence, but get hit multiple times for being under defended.
  • I know some people, disband power plants for more SMs, but then have to beg for Solars, and build more.
  • First play terra its op.

Second play terra every other pt wanes in comparison.
  • Aren't you playing mount...
  • edited November 2015
    You dont need solars if you disband the right amount, if power goes down put a few scis on power bonus for a few ticks, easy.

150 scis is fine whilst in newbie, the rest spend on decent def and something to hit with.

Pick either a probe or an income strategy and stick with it, normal rounds probe income far outweighs SMs but this round not so much.

If you go for probes follow that strat and make pfs only and res, no sms if you go income either make no pfs or a few just for soms etc on newbies and smaller kds.

Sounds like you are building a kd that is average in all areas that excels in none.

Get good grabs out of newbie with decent land and money. For the next few days tick hit newbies for 25 land each. If you are explore turtling keep doing this, if you are going offensive DW/MT etc then make one bigger grab with goons/tfs and 1 wl (maybe 2) then hit inacts for 25 with the rest

Be active, build and hit smart.

DO NOT GO FOR A CERTAIN DPL!! there is no set safe D, your D depends on the highest O kingdoms keep a good buffer to stay unbreakable by anyone on the server, even alliancemates and the rest can go to O to help grabs.

If you are turtling ignore that last bit.

Obviously there is more to it than that but if you do those basics top 5 is simple. A bit more effort and fighting for #1 should be your target.
  • 150 scies? Damn bro...

I had Fusion done and EC at like 50-60% coming out of noob this game.
  • fuck that, mass scis when you make first hits. Using the probe strat means your mili isnt great coming out of newbie so cant waste it all on scis.
  • Well this rd is an exception mount has considerably more income than terra as the rd progresses.

With that extra income you could buy more troops to offset that terra bonus
  • How has that worked for you? :)
  • Hindsight is 20/20.

It was doing well. If it unturtled and changed that 75mil income to tfs it would have done better. But i chose to max explore instead. Like now and earlier mounts were top until they got suicided power and grabbed down. Right now Viva will keep growing that gap cos he will have insane income
  • Getting 3500 land from suiciders did help Viva.
  • Mount was silly this round, I was top 5 even early game while terra is good whilst everyone in the top 10 was mobil and I was growth.

I was getting silly income and was #2 land without making hardly any active grabs, the terras had no chance of keeping up I think I had like 500 land more than korn and a bit more than loafery at like 3k land which is quite a bit at that stage. Pity that farmer who was above me and his mates in 1.9 had a few DW multies to suicide probes then suicide break.

I have played mount 3x and finished 1,2,1 I love it
  • Qwj, how many pps should I raize in newbie? Hahahahah
  • Mount was silly this round, I was top 5 even early game while terra is good whilst everyone in the top 10 was mobil and I was growth.

I was getting silly income and was #2 land without making hardly any active grabs, the terras had no chance of keeping up I think I had like 500 land more than korn and a bit more than loafery at like 3k land which is quite a bit at that stage. Pity that farmer who was above me and his mates in 1.9 had a few DW multies to suicide probes then suicide break.

I have played mount 3x and finished 1,2,1 I love it
    Pretty sure Loaf was pure income and had shit for defense while exploring.
  • hahah... fuckoff Liam mate sick of giving you tips

He may have sped, I had very good def, it took sabos, then several kds to suicide my power away then 2DWs to suicide break me to get through it, no normal kd could. I think one of them had 28k goons and 5k tanks.

I also had a lot more land therefore probably money than loafery and over 45k pop to max tanks with.
  • Gotta max explore

Who needs that defence lol
  • Land def is the best def!
  • What KD was yours Qwj?