Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rap Battles

edited July 2015 in General
I always like diss tracks, I find that rappers do their best stuff when they are motivated by someone talking shit about them to write a track.

I will post some famous battles and see what people's opinions are on who won. I am curious what people think, because it is not always so close.

Comments

• I'll start off with the first and one of the most notorious battles:

Jay-Z vs Nas

Jay-Z - The Takeover

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAnGnevKxJE

Nas- Ether

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePQKD9iBfU
  • nas crushed Jay z in the rap battle, but jay z one the war overall, becoming more popular
  • Nas of course. Post more.
  • edited July 2015
    Have you seen compliment battle Jeff? You'd appreciate it, theyre both fuckin sick and from NS.
  • edited July 2015
    Zeal I haven't. I heard he is good though, someone was telling me about him but I never heard him before. I will have to check him out.

As far as Nas vs Jay-Z goes, I don't know, I liked the Takeover better. It is more of like a traditional diss track and overall I don't like Nas' style as much. Ether is good though- it is commonly thought to be one of his best tracks period.
  • Ok, I will post my favorite beef next.

50 Cent + Eminem vs Ja Rule

50 Cent - Back Down
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE1c7wHZaSQ

Eminem - Hail Mary
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAVjPCW7UIY

vs

Ja Rule
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDy8wqtovAA
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsD9tJtrAus
  • You lost me at Rap
  • Yeah I should say that there are more diss tracks to every respective one. I just pick the ones I think are best instead of giving people too much video overload.

That being said, yeah this one wasn't close. I actually think Back down was excellent and one of the best diss tracks of all the time. 50 cent pretty much single handedly ruined Ja Rule's career.