Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sk community game

Comments

• idea is a good start. going where?
  • Of course skers made games, omni made one, Solo made one, ummm, hell, the calcs alone took a while to code. I dunno if anything has been made not sk oriented.
  • edited February 2015
    Honestly all I'm looking for here is a theme and a preferred engine that people want to use.

A cohesive theme for a game.
    Space-theme, check.
    Huge knockers coupled with a huge member, check. [Thanks ladyashnod]
    Anything other than shitposting?

• Honestly all I'm looking for here is a theme and a preferred engine that people want to use.

A cohesive theme for a game.
    Space-theme, check.
    Huge knockers coupled with a huge member, check. [Thanks ladyashnod]
    Anything other than shitposting?

+1.

• edited February 2015
    Was here: http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/2vop0e/today_australias_lisa_wilkinsons_review_destroys/
    Then: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMh-ou0TKXk
    One poster in particular:

Qwj? Same avatar but it just caught my eye and now I'm looking through his channel, lol. Some really weird shit there.
  • This is not the thread you're looking for.
  • edited March 2015
  • What's going on here..
  • I can program in flash. Did a tower defence game didn't finish it though. It really doesn't have to take that long to make a game it all depends on the complexity of it.
  • thats nice, i wonder if you can turn the game i'll mod on this forum as a multiplayer flash game
  • I was looking at Notch earlier, some programming language that is use to create minecraft. Looks to me that it can also interface pretty easily with Java.

Anyone else looking at coding language for mine craft?
  • I was looking at Notch earlier, some programming language that is use to create minecraft. Looks to me that it can also interface pretty easily with Java.

Notch is not a programming language. Markus "Notch" Persson was the creator of minecraft, which he programmed using the well known language Java. All the minecraft SDKs and programming mods are just interpreters for Java.

If you're going to get into web game development these days, flash is the way to go.

Notch is not a programming language. Markus "Notch" Persson was the creator of minecraft, which he programmed using the well known language Java. All the minecraft SDKs and programming mods are just interpreters for Java.

If you're going to get into web game development these days, flash is the way to go.
    Thanks for clarifying that Bean.
    According to my 10 year old, this Notch guy created Notch - a programming language to code Mine craft. I look into it and there were all Java...LOL. So, it is Java, phew....

I was looking at using C++ command codes, a small program, to shutdown the internet connection to my kids tablets and computers at 8:30pm. This is better than unplugging the whole darn thing.

• I've only ever used iOS based devices, but going to assume android and windows aren't much different in their permissions settings. You probably can't control system settings like that from an app, as malware would fuck your shit up fast.
  • I've only ever used iOS based devices, but going to assume android and windows aren't much different in their permissions settings. You probably can't control system settings like that from an app, as malware would fuck your shit up fast.
    Looking at programming the main modem/router controls, and disable the connection from there. Like a timer device that would shut it down at specific time.

I remember the internet cafe days, where there was a central program that will lock your terminal when you reach a specific hours of use.
  • I believe your router should already have this
  • I thought about a game I'd like to make, but it's definitely too ambitious. Basically, it'd be a multiplayer first-person spaceship warfare game. However, instead of each player flying their own ship around shooting down enemies, each player would be a crew member specializing in one of the jobs on a ship. So for smaller class ships, there'd be a pilot and one or two gunners, but for larger flagships, there could be several players operating it, including a commander.

It could start as something simpler though. Instead of huge multiplayer battles, it could just be something like a coop story mode. Hop into the game with a couple friends as a light fighter class ship crew.
  • I want to be a cook on one of the dreadnoughts.
  • a "hannibal" cook?
  • sounds a lot like puzzle pirates
  • sounds a lot like puzzle pirates
    Haven't played it, but from what I see looking at the description, it's not quite what I had in mind. I was thinking more of a first-person, or maybe even third-person, action game.
    Puzzle Pirates looks more like a mobile game, which I've got nothing against, just that the game I'm thinking of might be a little too much for a mobile game.

I have thought about mobile games too, and thought a dungeon crawler would be interesting, kinda like diablo on your phone. Also played around in GameSalad trying to put together a guild management game until I found out that you can't get apps/games working on android devices without a bunch of hassle from that.

At the moment, I'm messing around with Stencyl. I would preferably use Unity, but it's just a little too complicated for someone like me with no coding knowledge.
  • Everyone get guns of Icarusit's like $4 on steam. Don't expect much but it is fun with a lot of people basically it's steampunk flying ships with mad weapons and you have a crew and fight against other ships wih other crews in decent sized maps
  • I haven't done anything in forever but I got a degree in Game Design. If people became serious and started working on something I could help in any aspect except coding if given the time to freshen up again rather it be text based, 2d or 3d.

I've been looking for another hobby anyways.
  • lets put that game design degree to good use BloodyOats.
    I think Xel has shown us some samples of his graphics work, if we can come up with something. we have a crew...
  • I believe your router should already have this
    Thanks Bean. Yes, I scouted it and it was there, just needed to disconnect it when needed.