Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERRIBLE 1:13 Farming

2»

Comments

• Farming is hit and miss in sk. Depends who wants it as an excuse to kill someone and if they have the power to do it. That's where the hypocrisy comes in. It should just be one wl, but nobody follows that lol
    You have a good point.
    Sometimes, the politics defines it differently depending on who has power. There should be a universal consensus among leaders and AL to what needs to be done on FARMING ISSUES. This is as old as I am in SK terms.
    I had it possible with universal bashing rules 10 years ago, if you hit less than 1/3 of your land size, then that is bashing. That was there to it, and players have the ballpark and can take it as it is.

Now, on his FARMING, I am not sure if the current players can all come to an agreement and put their pros/cons and make a unanimous decision. It would be nice to have some standards, instead of bickering each time the issue comes up. I'm sure some hits are unique and needs more investigation, but some are pretty standard on the scale. I am willing to collect all your ideas, examples, put it on a thread, and see what we can come up with. We can debate it this round, and see if we can put it as universal agreement next round. I know farming is more complicated than bashing...so, I am not sure what else you folks can come up with. I'd be here to add formatting and cleaning up your post.

Now, for example, a farmer owns a farm, and harvest it each season. Therefore the farm is useful as long as the farmer lives.

However, the concept of hitting one WL on a suicider is a slippery slope. A suicider is not a farm technically, because it is a one time harvest and its burned, killed, free land..whatever label you can attach to it.

In contrast, a farm on the other hand, is maintained and nourish for a good harvest - let it be money or probes.

Now... maybe this is the right time how do you define a farmer in the SK community?
    Lets hear it.
    Good point Ash .
    I would like to add one more thing I saw in other rounds .

Expect for example a DW who mass goons for 12 hours in mobi did not get chaught with it and suicide on someone , now an other KD hit him 3 times.
    For me this is farming because who can say if the one who hit him first is friend with him or even it is his multi kd made to slow competition down?
    Also it gives the hitter the same land he would get if he hit an disbander for example.
  • what happened to being able to kt people for just not liking them? was more fun that way
  • edited March 2015
    what happened to being able to kt people for just not liking them? was more fun that way
    Vulpes: That is how you make calls, just because you feel like it, or you suspected it and without confirmation from both sides. You make calls base on your whim.

I hope that further on, you do make good calls and see both sides of the issue before someone else kingdom is ruined.

For example: Your AT calls on Mercer and Ara was wrong, and it was not fair. This is not the time to argue about it, but I am just pointing out that - calls without giving them chances can ruin their game. And it is not cool!

@ROI.

I will add your comments as one of the cases for farming. I think it is good to see how you guys as experience players can present example and how it plays out, and give us good reason to make a call. Thank you.

Anyone else have experience the case like Roi or something different?
  • it is only farming when a player hits one of there multi accounts. Everything else is fair game imo. Luck evens itself out.
  • it is only farming when a player hits one of there multi accounts. Everything else is fair game imo. Luck evens itself out.
    i know you have done a tonne of farming in the past spoon but surely you dont think what you just said is true? anyone who takes a tonne of free land is a farmer. Even a small amount of free land is farming but thats ok, regardless, its still farming.
  • haha yes i have been kt'd for 'farming' before so i wont do it again. But what are the rules exactly? only 1 hit allowed on suicider if first break? and if you're top lander you're not allowed to do it at all?
  • haha yes i have been kt'd for 'farming' before so i wont do it again. But what are the rules exactly? only 1 hit allowed on suicider if first break? and if you're top lander you're not allowed to do it at all?
    i dont think there has ever been rules tbh, its hard to set them in place though, most small to medium kds will lose the land anyway through being bad players, so punishment should really only happen to big kds, but then thats where it becomes a little fuzzy, how can you not punish small kingdoms for doing the same? its all fucked up. If you take a big percentage of your land for free, you should die. if everyone sticks to that, then people would stop being greedy.
  • I personally think only hit once in first 3 grabs then hit as much as you want after that
    You grabbing

1/4/5

Me personally as a AL I would let that slide

If it's 1/2/4 you die

Your current rank and time of farming ( I.e 1 week in) will always be taken into consideration.
    If your smaller and not a troll and don't annoy any one then most people would not waste there time on you

I suppose it depends how much a AL wants you dead , farming and AT and R/R are all great excuses to kill off kingdoms without potentially getting into a full blown war

Personally I think @ Tmonsta

We should make a rule and sticky the thread and lock it at the top

2 Hits max on first 5 Grabs on a suicider or open Kingdom

If these are big grabs record it in that thread and if it happens regularly then that isn't random, the guys obviously cheating
  • 2 hits in the first 5 for the right player is enough to let them dominate the round.
  • what happened to being able to kt people for just not liking them? was more fun that way
    Vulpes: That is how you make calls, just because you feel like it, or you suspected it and without confirmation from both sides. You make calls base on your whim.

I hope that further on, you do make good calls and see both sides of the issue before someone else kingdom is ruined.

For example: Your AT calls on Mercer and Ara was wrong, and it was not fair. This is not the time to argue about it, but I am just pointing out that - calls without giving them chances can ruin their game. And it is not cool!
    lol i wasnt AL when they were killed... and if i was then i have no idea... i was just posting bayous kts up

• Well the uni either needs to do something about the RR soon or we just handing him the round. We could take him out now if people put effort into it. Or we just let someone cheat to win again.
  • Well the uni either needs to do something about the RR soon or we just handing him the round. We could take him out now if people put effort into it. Or we just let someone cheat to win again.
    why change things now?
  • I personally think only hit once in first 3 grabs then hit as much as you want after that

Personally I think @ Tmonsta

We should make a rule and sticky the thread and lock it at the top

2 Hits max on first 5 Grabs on a suicider or open Kingdom

If these are big grabs record it in that thread and if it happens regularly then that isn't random, the guys obviously cheating
    I recall investigation like that is useful throughout the round. It helps gives the player a chance - if it was a lucky find, then keep the land. But if it is a repeated occurence, and correlation is establish, then time for every player to hit em up. ( at best, universal effort and all alliances can agree to evidence base. Well, aside from Total Drama..which can happen)