Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pokemon

edited October 2014 in General
So I found Pokemon Blue lying around and decided to play it.

Give me some suggestions on my 6 pokemon I should be using.

I started with Bulbasaur.

Comments

• charizard bro. the end
  • u should also train a dragonite that pokemon is broken good
  • edited October 2014
    Team#1 (basic pures)
    Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Golem, Gengar, Mewtwo (to OP to skip)

Team#2 (Legendary OMG)
    Zappdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mewtwo, Dragonite, <something strong against anti flytypes) (Golem, Dugtrio against electric)

Team #3 (mixed team base)
    Exeggutor, Chansey, Rhydon, Tauros, Alakazam, Slowbro/Starmie (pick water/psy yourself)

Team #4 nobody cares
  • Very doubtful I'll have access to trading, so getting Blastoise or Charizard probably wont happen.

I"ll get Mewtwo, but last time I got him he just walked through the entire Elite 4 by himself so I probably wont use.

I like that 3rd one though. I heard Dodrio was bad ass.
  • Team 3 is best team going for pure EV and without trading.

if you wanna go insane (like i did on my gameboy game) then go for the EV team. it means you might have to catch about 20 of each pokemon on level 2-3 (as low as you can) and then pick best base-stat but its worth it (a few hp and dmg in lvl 100)

either way team#3 is a strong team. it does ditch your starter pokemon in favor of the strong types. Tauros is there for crit only, so if you dont want him you can get Arcanine or another fire-type in that slot

i also play on my phone, and there i just have a team #4 composition with a Nidoking, Hypno, Ratticate, Charizard, Lapras, Raichu.
  • Team 3 is OP
  • I wasn't even aware there were things that affected crit.

I have so much to learn.
  • Special attack OP in gen 1 from what I understand. A lot of under the hood mechanics they didn't openly discuss until current generations of the pokemans
  • edited October 2014
    Oh damn bro, Hypno, Victrybell, Gravaler, Kingler, Zapdos, annnnnd Charizard.
  • Oh damn bro, Hypno, Victrybell, Gravaler, Kingler, Zapdos, annnnnd Charizard.
    charizard bro. the end
    Charizard is the fucking worst fire type in a god damn game. The disadvantage that flying type gives you is just too fucking terribad.
  • Squirtle all the way
  • **breathes deeply** ... dole... sigh... lol
  • Blastoise was way better than Charizard.
  • Diabeetus lol...
  • I had a sick water/ice lineup in blue. Blastoise, gyrados, articuno, dragonite with blizzard, vaporeon, and lapras.

There were better water/ice types out there like jynx and starmie, but I was not aware when I was 11
  • I had a sick water/ice lineup in blue. Blastoise, gyrados, articuno, dragonite with blizzard, vaporeon, and lapras.

There were better water/ice types out there like jynx and starmie, but I was not aware when I was 11
    makes you extremely vunarable to electric types or mixed types that have electric hits

• just ratata and zubat, only those 2, and never evolve them
  • I don't even evolve my pokemon into ratata or zubat.
  • you could even just use a nidoran male and only that
  • 1 Hypno and your good. Sleep & Dream Eater / Psychic
  • half land half water cheat 6th position in the pc.
  • i once caught missingno, it showed that I caught blaine (the gym leader). then, when i threw him out, he turned into a kangaskhan

mind blown
  • That Missingno stuff was funny.
  • Yea best glitch ever
  • Sadly even though I loved the starters in this game (glad they got somewhat improved a bit later) if you build your team right you will never ever need them. At the end of the game I was playing mostly psychic types,

Mewtwo, Gengar, Alakazam

Most of the time nobody could get past those three, thankfully it changed past that so psychic were a bit weaker and had some weakness instead of them just stomping your party.
  • without trading you cant get Gengar and Alakazam. Physic is OP though so pick them up regardless
  • thankfully psychic got some good disadvantages later on