Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I haven't played this game in ages. What's the best planet?

edited August 2014 in General
I doubt many of you here would be old enough to remember me. I hope people still even play this game. Anyway, I loved it back in high school, I wanna take a look.

Can you all suggest what are the best planet types at this moment? And if you'd like to add any big changes or comments please do. Last time I played like 5 years ago or more, when Server 3 (S3) was still alive.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Oceanic has been getting pretty good lately. There's also a popular strategy these days going around called the "God Strat".

Basically you need to play as Forest & Wilderness, pure population. You'll have more money than you need and since the probe shield bonus got introduced for FW, it's also harder to rob from.

Just mass soldiers and make troopers/laser troopers, you'll only be competing with others using the God Strat.

In newbie mode you'll be massing scientists, so you can get shorter attack times. After that its smooth sailing.
  • edited August 2014
    DW if you want to dominate (As long as you build correctly) but expect to be killed off sooner rather than later because people get scared easily.

Oh yeah, and the FW & TF turtles need to be protected because god forbid that their shitty, inferior, god-strat kingdoms are destroyed by a well-built, superior DW one.
  • I like mysty a lot..if you enjoy lots of grabs fast return times mysty is for you..when you have warp research maxed return times are usually 7-8 hrs some as low as 6..meaning if you send 4 warleaders you can have one back on the next tick..great for risky sneaky hits..good to run high pop and probes with mediocre power due to bonus..tac fighters and ld with tank back up seems to work good In my opinion.
  • whats up gamal :D
  • Doesn't matter what planet.

Get friends to protect you / multi down everyone else and you'll win.
  • Doesn't matter what planet.

Get friends to protect you / multi down everyone else and you'll win.
  • Just be friends with meadows and you will have a top 10 KD until the last 2 weeks until meadows decides to farm you with her KD and farms.
  • one day i will get illy to rank 1. i think he is actively working against me though.
  • I don't recall a Gamal? Is he a xLUMx?
  • doesn't surprise me, gamal is a relic now :P
  • the only winning move is not to play
  • Desert Waste
  • Misty... Bitches
  • Misty... Bitches
  • Best planet type? Why pick one when you can have them all?
  • Can we get some posts with actual info strategies etc to help this person out?
  • Long term:fw or terra
    war whore:mysti or dw
    short term fuck you up: dw
    don't touch:ocean
  • mount's good long term too. MT can be impressive early but way way harder to pull off than DW.

dun volc unless you're uber.
  • VI = Don't get KTd.
  • Misty... Bitches