Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFL PLAYOFFS

Comments

• Meh, as a packers fan I am sweating bullets about this game.
  • edited January 2012
    Yeaaaaa, nobody counts the face that the Giants have 3 #1 receivers. Oh, and do still have a running game (despite not using it the last 2 weeks).

• Lets hear it for the New England Tom Bradys!
  • All your base are belong to us!
  • Noob Football League
  • Come at me bro
    Should have known better... KneGra!
  • Who let Beckham take the field goal?
  • Pats all the way
  • I want the Pats to lose, but you know the Giants stand no chance.
  • ...the giants won because of the 49er's mistakes.
  • 1 and 11 on 3rd downs... nuf said
  • ...the giants won because of the 49er's mistakes.
    The Patriots won because of the Ravens' mistakes.
  • Brady threw 2 (technically 3) and there was a fumble turnover as well...

Patriots won because of Ravens' shittness.
  • Giants are definitely the hottest team in football right now. However, if the Patriots defense plays like they did yesterday and Brady and the offense play half as good as there capable of, it should be a Patriots victory by at least 7.
  • Yea, except Joe Flacco is not Eli Manning. Yesterday was probably his worst game this post-season and he still had "elite" stats.
  • Yea, except Joe Flacco is not Eli Manning. Yesterday was probably his worst game this post-season and he still had "elite" stats.
    I'm confused... is this about Flacco or Manning?

• edited January 2012
    Yea, except Joe Flacco is not Eli Manning. Yesterday was probably his worst game this post-season and he still had "elite" stats.

Actually stat-wise they had similar numbers. (*edit: Flacco was actually more efficient, but Manning didn't have a pick*)

I meant Manning. If the Patriots think Eli Manning is as brutish about throwing the ball on target or as timid as Flacco about challenging matchups, then they're going to have a rude first half. Manning is a definite elite QB, at least this season.
  • I freakin hate the patriots. Never has a team so openly cheated for so long and had so little punishment. Anyone who is a patriot fan should be embarrassed. An organization the not only is ok with cheating but encourages it. I hope the giants smash em.
  • Jayr clearly knows nothing about the patriots or the giants.
  • edited January 2012
    Tom Brady is going to the Colts Stadium with Eli Manning opposing him. This might as well be Eli's home turf. Sure he doesn't play here but we love the Manning's and hate New England. That's our biggest rival even if we didn't factor into the equation this year. You can bet plenty of Indiana people have tickets to this. We didn't want to factor this year it's too big an event for the economy. Getting the top round draft pick and screwing with Brady in the Super Bowl is priceless. I think Brady will have a very difficult time calling plays and New England will be blown out. Keep in mind that is our stadium, built for a Manning, impossible to hear anything if we so decide (we can pipe in more), and we don't like them. Big brother is filling him in on everything that he doesn't already know. Bill Belichick can scout all he wants it's not going to do any good. Advantage Manning. ;)

Actually stat-wise they had similar numbers. (*edit: Flacco was actually more efficient, but Manning didn't have a pick*)

I meant Manning. If the Patriots think Eli Manning is as brutish about throwing the ball on target or as timid as Flacco about challenging matchups, then they're going to have a rude first half. Manning is a definite elite QB, at least this season.
    I'm not sure 29 TDS/16 INT regular season is "Elite." Granted he did almost hit the 5000 Yrds passing mark, but he was at a modest 61% completion and 92 QBR

In Contrast, Brady is sitting at 39 TDS/ 12 INT, 5235 Yrds, 65% PCT and 105 QBR.

IMO the Manning boys will always be in Brady's shadow. Granted also, raw stats aren't everything. Montana never broke 4000 in a single season and 89 (arguably his "best" season) he didn't beat either of these QBs in the numbers. But Montana is on everyone's list of "All time best."

If Brady pulls off this win he will (if i'm not mistaken) have the record for most post season wins and only the third QB with 4 super bowl rings. That is about as "elite" as it gets, and will most certainly be hall of fame, and arguably the best QB to play the game yet.
  • You mean passer rating and not QBR. Max you can have in QBR is 100.
  • You mean passer rating and not QBR. Max you can have in QBR is 100.
    Word
  • Attempts Completion Comp% Yards TDs Ints AvgPRat

76 123 61.8 923 8 1 108.7
    48 70 68.6 602 6 3 97.55

The post-season statline of our two Super Bowl Quarterbacks.

48 70 68.6 602 6 3 97.55

Considering that Manning has played one more game than Brady this post season, they are pretty close.

Manning is a good QB. I just don't see in what way he is an "elite" QB.

48 70 68.6 602 6 3 97.55

Considering that Manning has played one more game than Brady this post season, they are pretty close.

Manning is a good QB. I just don't see in what way he is an "elite" QB.
    I would say Manning has played two more games. Nobody though the Broncos belonged in that game. And ignoring that, if you divide the numbers up: Manning still has more yards, better ratio, and has more attempts. Attempts is big - everyone chalks up the Patriots as simply running the Tom Brady offense where they only run as a sort of diversion or to give their receivers a break. The Giants couldn't run shit on the 49ers and it was all left to Manning to deal out yardage and (a lot of) 3rd down conversions. During his "worst" game of the postseason, moreover.
  • edited January 2012
    Brady is the better quarterback on paper, but any given day that might add up to absolutely nothing. Eli has an advantage because Brady is on enemy turf. Everything is going to go wrong for the guy all the way down to the breakfast he orders. The Manning's are very mischievous and big time pranksters. Apply what I'm saying to pretty much everyone in this city and you get a picture of the atmosphere he is coming into. My boss has a horseshoe tattoo on his back. This whole city is blue and white when he plays. Peyton is about as close to God as you can get around here. He is going to soak this in and absolutely destroy Brady.
  • Brady has inflated numbers from all the years there defense put the offense back on the field by cheating and having all of play signals. Don't get me wrong... he is still a good qb, but hard to say with all the bs years of having such a huge cheating advantage.