Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You know me :)

edited July 2014 in General
Hi all. Used to play this a lot (I go way back 2002) then recently last year went and played GO for a while. I love SK and it's many clones. It's not the most exciting game at 1st glance but the social side of it, the wars, drama, politics and tears make it a game I want to keep coming back too.

Problem is it's dieing and I know many failed attempts have been made to bring it back to it's glory days but they weren't good enough.

What I'm thinking is building another clone. I know beanland done it and it died out like the rest. So why would my try be different?

I want you guys to help. Ideas on what to improve. What should it be called? If you know asp.net and c# you can help build it. It will be hosted on git if the demand is there.

I want to make it in to an android app to help boost players.
And update the crappy design to a modern responsive theme.
Also was thinking of using html canvas to change the sector screen to actual planets(kds) rotating a star slowly (maybe phase two lol)
Other ideas were removing sector state and allow kd to set it's own state
New research like research level 2 tanks
New planet types
New buildings
New probe attacks
Integrate the attack cal to SOM and on the attack screen
Include a newbie Simulator with the ability to save your starting strategy for next round privately or publicly for others
Better protection from gang banging
Maybe add 2 bots for every 1 person to boost numbers - these will build randomly from a few templates and will attack people who appear in SN. They won't suicide unless it's been two or randomly generated days without a land grab, see they get desperate too...

Community driven you want it, we build it. :)

What does everyone think? Or am I crazy?

Already started by the way. Have user sign up and login done and halfway through KD set up. 1st planet type is Nuclear...

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Just another Liam. Also, have fun making a failed clone.
  • Nah get stuffed
    Won't work

We play sk because its sooo shit
  • Dole delete this clown
    We don't want another holo
  • edited July 2014
    At least Holo was a member of the community before he went and made his clone, but I want to give people a chance to ridicule the fool.

• We play sk because its sooo shit
    Lol... Surely you want to make it better so your not embarrassed to recommend it. I've been part of the community. Just not recently.
  • I recall Imp Emp... maybe I should be more clear. Holo actually accomplished things on SK more than just having a KD.
  • Hey hey, i actually like some of the idea's this guy has. Like the visual sector planets rotating thing is neat. I think if he is willing to put time behind this it would be fun to be apart of.

The biggest thing I would say though is to keep it as simple as possible. Extra researches and what not aren't needed. The balance has to stay there. If @Bcartfall would keep just some bit of interest in improving this game then it would be a lot better.
  • Really, the only thing SK needs is more balanced PTs. I could care less about the visual sector planets, in fact I don't want it. And the individual sector states is horrid, it ruins the fun of sector politics.
  • Really, the only thing SK needs is more balanced PTs. I could care less about the visual sector planets, in fact I don't want it. And the individual sector states is horrid, it ruins the fun of sector politics.
    And thinka bout the multis dole the muulti dws who coudl be in constant mobi in newb exit with 6k goons
  • Wait, you are right Ian... WE NEED INDIVIDUAL STATES!
  • Wait, you are right Ian... WE NEED INDIVIDUAL STATES!
    we need planet states!
  • PLANET STATES FOR MORE BETTERER MULTI RAPE!
  • PLANET STATES FOR MORE BETTERER MULTI RAPE!
    DW OP
  • Of course viva likes sk, he enjoys the cheating aspect.
  • All I can suggest is to pick up a different hobby. Every clone fails, because sk fails. Look at who is left here lol, theres no winning formula.

• Utopia-game.com is still going strong a lot more players than here. But it's not set in space maybe that's why. It's the same thing otherwise but with swords.

How do people create and manage all the multis? There are ways of blocking them. Honey traps for bots and Page completion time for people running macros. Same ip interaction = autoban. Not allowing same ip to hit the same target within 24 hours...

@TMonsta I could recreate sk quickly and give you more planet types.
  • No more planet types are needed just balanced, and you would tweak the game. You would call it at the demand of your games player base as it's starting out. When other SK players then go try out the game they find no SK clone but a crappy twisted version of it. No thanks.
  • Y are yall being mean to the guy?
  • I'm being honest, I could be mean to him but he doesn't deserve it.
  • banning for the same IP would suck, i have typically gotten any girl i've been with to play this game for at least a few rounds, so that would legit suck for me
  • banning for the same IP would suck, i have typically gotten any girl i've been with to play this game for at least a few rounds, so that would legit suck for me
    I'm some sort of sick punishment play
  • Make it exactly like SK.

Exactly the same except minor copyright changes, then work from there.
  • if you want to make a game better than SK

think of things of how bad SK does it, and do it worse
  • if you want to make a game better than SK

think of things of how bad SK does it, and do it worse
    This, definitely this.
    I'm some sort of sick punishment play
    If same ip hits each other I meant
  • whao that was an awkward mistype. Meant to say "That's some sort of sick punishment play", as in making your GF play sk is the sickest sort of punishment play you can have.
  • I know what you meant to say Aggressive, but your post was still lolworthy.
  • i think you could really leave SK exactly as it is and just make an app on the play store and it would instantly gain another 1k players, at least.

realistically the problem with most sk type games on the app store is that they do not ever reset so you are always behind the first players, so the resets would keep people interested
  • i think you could really leave SK exactly as it is and just make an app on the play store and it would instantly gain another 1k players, at least.

realistically the problem with most sk type games on the app store is that they do not ever reset so you are always behind the first players, so the resets would keep people interested
    I think Bcart had the right idea with Facebook. However our community pretty refused to even give it a chance. I had my fun with it nearly taking it over twice the three rounds I tried playing. Actually got a few people into SK through it, but it seems pretty dead now.
  • I did the facebook server a few times.