Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WW II Babylon 5: The Coming of the Shadows. Game over, Shadows win!

edited June 2014 in General
Welcome to Babylon 5!
Babylon 5 (B5) mafia is my personal take on the forum game mafia (known commonly around SK as Werewolf (WW). The basic idea, is that a small portion of the group of players (collectively known as the town) are designated as mafia. The mafia all know each other, and it is their goal to kill off the rest of town who do not know who is who. Every day the town gets together to vote on somebody who they think might a member of the mafia. Every night the mafia in secret kills a member of the town!

The game ends when either the mafia make up a majority of the remaining player base, or the mafia are all dead!

This mafia game is set on the space station orbiting Epsilon III, Babylon 5! Babylon 5 was a science fiction show that aired in the 90s, and I highly recommend checking it out. All of the lingo and flair will be taken from this show.

I am calling this WW II, as I am considering mages game as WW I. Whoever is next should make WW III then WW IV, etc..!

Before you board the station you need to agree to our rules and regulations.

Before I describe the roles, I want to go ahead and outline the rules for this game.

1. After you are dead, you get a short goodbye post and then no additional postings. You may not reveal any game information in your goodbye post. Doing so will place you on the banlist, which is being created as of this game. I'm hoping all other WW hosts will keep up with and follow the banlist being created here, so we can all have a better WW.

2. Posting screenshots of your role, is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate ban.

3. Play to win! Intentionally ruining the game for your team is grounds for a ban. You may play the game however you choose, however if it is obvious you are intentionally trying to lose and cause your teammates to lose, you will be banned (mostly applies to mafia members).

4. PMs are not allowed, unless initiated by the host. This means no out of game chat about the game. If you are caught, you will be banned.

---
Game specific rules

1. All votes will be indicated in the following fashion ##VoteName (For example ##SilentButterfly), and they must be bolded! If they are not bolded, they will not count!

2. You must vote! You may not abstain! If you do not vote on a day you will receive a warning, and if you do not vote again, you will be modkilled.

3. The standard day/night cycle will be 12 hours day/12 hours night. It may be extended in case of host oversleeping. There is also a role which can alter the day/night cycle which will be described later

4. In case of a tie, the first person to reach that number of votes will be killed.

5. The game starts during daytime, with a daytime lynch vote.

6. Talking is allowed during night and day
---

Please present your identicard for entry to the station!

And finally the roles for B5 WW!

The Good

G'Kar: Once per night he may investigate somebody. His investigation will turn up the role of the person. If he manages to investigate Londo, he will have the option of killing 1 person per night instead of investigating. (Cop that can turn into Vigilante)

Michael Gerribaldi: Once per night he may "lock up" somebody, preventing them from carrying out their role but also preventing them from dying. Must use on a different person each day. (Jail Keeper)

Stephen Franklin: The stations doctor, once per night he may visit somebody. If that person is attacked he rushes them to medlab, saving their life. Has the option of using his ability on the same person nightly, however consecutively doing so will require "stims". If stephen uses 2 stims he loses his power. (Doctor, semi-restricted)

[Mod note: this means that as long as he's not healing the same person he did the previous night, stephen can heal indefinitely. However healing the same person 3x in a row would result in him no longer being able to heal. Normal --> 1 stim --> 2 stims.]

John Sherridan: Sherridan is the commander of B5, and as such has considerable power with bringing who he wants to justice. At any time during the day, he can call a person to trial. Now instead of the town voting for who they think might be mafia, you either vote yes or no to Sherridan's lynch choice. This may not be done on consecutive days. Sherridan loses this ability if twice he fails to lynch a mafia. (B5 Commander)

[Mod note: Sherridan basically has 2 strikes. If he calls a trial, and it does not result in a lynch, or he lynches anybody but a (shadow), that's a strike. After 2 strikes he loses his power and becomes a normal townie.

Susan Ivanova: The 2nd in command of B5. She has a very large influence over the docking schedule and comings and goings of the station. As such during the day, she can immediately choose to end the day at any given moment. She can only use this power 3x for the entire game, and it cannot be used consecutively. (B5 Administrator)

[Mod note]: For practical purposes the way this role will work, is Ivanova will PM me, and when I see the PM, I will call the day at the time Ivanova sent me. So lets say there were 3 Votes for Jimmy and 2 for Bob at 5 PM. Ivanova sent me a PM at 5:05 calling the day. At 6pm and 7pm 2 more votes for Bob come in. I log in at 8pm. I'll post that Ivanova called the day when the votes were 3-2 for Jimmy, causing Jimmy to be lynched.

6 Lurkers: The people who reside in brown sector (the not so nice part of the station). You're the good guys, but you don't have any powers. (Vanilla town)

---

The Bad

4 Shadows: The Shadows are the bad guys, slowly gathering their forces. Every night collectively they kill 1 person. They will select 1 person from amongst their number to carry out the killing. (Mafia)

Mordon: A human agent of the shadows. He has a multi-phase role that is semi-complex. On any given night he selects a target. The next night he makes preparations to meet with the target. On the 3rd night the target is completely vulnerable and cannot be protected. (B5 Setup Man)

[Mod note] The Mordon role works in this way over 3 nights. Stalk --> Prepare --> Alienate. On the first night, if he is jailed, he does not succeed in stalking. As such he can select a new target. After the night 1 phase is complete he moves to the prepare phase. If either he or his target is jailed the phase does not complete. The next day he can choose to stalk an entirely new target, or continue preparations on his old one. If he succeeds in his first 2 nights, the target can be killed 100%, regardless of doctor or jailing.

The Ugly? (Neutralish)

Lady Adira: Lady Adira is on B5 to see Londo Mollari. Her only goal is to survive until a win condition is met, be it good or bad. (Survivor)

Londo Mollari: The Centauri ambassador cares only for his dear Adira. If she is alive Londo's only goal is to survive until the end. However if Adira is killed by the shadows at night, he joins the town. If she is killed by Mordon's alienation process, he joins the town as a vigilante (kill 1 per night). If she is lynched during the day (or killed by G'Kar at night), then he joins the shadows team.

---

Comments

• edited June 2014
    There is no "Sephiroth" presently on the station. Can I help you find someone else?

Player List:

Damdred
    Loafery
    Mages Killed by Shadows, Night 3, after having been set up by Mordon, Adira
    SkyDragonX Killed by Shadows Night 1, Lurker
    The Joker Thrown out an airlock via modkill for inactivity Lurker
    TMonsta Killed by Shadows, Night 2, Gerribaldi
    Tyrsis Killed by Day 2 lynch, due to premature day end of Ivanova, G'Kar
    Bakery
    Darubian
    Cory
    rohan
    azalieo
    phantom
    unreliable
    meadows
    Kloudi
    pie Lynched Day 3, Ivanova
    mysticassassin Lynched Day 1. Lurker
  • PMs being sent now.

I used this to generate roles
    http://adv-random-gen.sourceforge.net/rand-gen/?gen=mafia

I highly recommend using it if you ever host.

Also there obviously isn't a banlist right now, as there's no reason for anybody to be banned. I'm hoping we can keep it that way
  • Alright roles are sent out. If you didn't get a role you are lurker!

We're going to be starting with a long day 1, to give everybody time to get here. After that Days will last 12 hours. I'm in the central US time zone, and the schedule I plan to follow is at midnight my time (12am central) day ends. At noon (12 pm) night ends, and the day begins again.

Also sent I sent everybody a picture of their roles, here's an example picture for you lurkers! Just imagine you have the same style of clothing and face and what not!

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100420045316/babylon5/images/thumb/b/b8/Lurker.png/500px-Lurker.png
  • Day 1 Ends in 26 hours. This will serve as an activity check and the first lynch. Remember you have to vote, or you will be warned, then modkilled!
  • :: Looks around and notices an intercom connected throughout the ship, lurks over to it and turns it on.::

Weeeeeeeee, I can't believe they don't restrict access to the intercom to crew only. Better manipulate this junk while I can.

Dear shipmates,

Hi, my name is TMonsta and I want you all to remember that this is deadly serious. That's why The Joker being on board is an affront and I will not stand for it.

Lurkingly yours,
    Bob Dole

##The Joker
  • :: Picks the intercom back up.::

P.S. I also think TheJoker stole Bakery's indenticard and I am looking forward to some delightful pastries during this journey. So you shouldn't steal from Bakery. Mmmkay.
  • :: Listens to some weird guy playing with intercon::

indenticard...what kind of illiterate people are aboard this ship?

Bummer, now i'm hungry

• Since I suspect I'm the only one super familiar with B5, I'm going to walk you guys through some of the places on B5 you should know!

Blue sector is how you got here, and includes the docking bays, some personnel housing as well as C&C, short for command and control. This is where the Lovely 2nd in Command, Susan Ivanova can often be found!

Red sector contains the Zocalo (the station's market), as well many other restaurants and leisure activities. The Captains office is at the edge here, overlooking the artificial landscape, which even includes a lake!

Yellow/Grey Sector Here you'll find the station's fusion reactor and other mechanical equipment and system that keep the station functioning and rotating peacefully. Not a lot of people here at any time

Green Sector Contains the hydroponics garden which grows a lot of the food B5 uses! Also known as the Alien sector, as many alternate environments are created here for the alien species. Avoid the methane bathrooms!

Brown Sector Brown sector primarily contains the water reclamation and waste recycling systems for B5, as well as other manufacturing and maintenance systems. A lot of illegal activity takes place down here. It's also the home for many of the less fortunate and poor of B5, the lurkers, who can't afford housing in the nicer parts of the station. This is the section you all live in...right?

:P

Just so we're clear this is just a flavor post and doesn't pertain to the game at all
  • edited June 2014
    ::gets on intercom::

brown sector...waste recycling...hehehehe

##Mysticassassin gets my vote because out of the list, he seems like he won "most like to go inactive in skpfs ww" accolades in school

Also, i love the perma list adding somebody named skydragagon to our game, despite there being no such player on these forums (drag, gag on hahahahahahahah)

::goes back to lounging in the red sector next to the lake::
  • too late for me to join? :( time just flying these days
  • too late for me to join? :( time just flying these days
    Babylon 5 docking regulations require you to submit all cargo from archaeological digs for a 3 day quarantine. It appears you tried to board the station without submitting for quarantine. Therefore you cannot board the station for a period of 30, days.

sorry but you'd be a known villager if I added you now :/
  • If anyone needs me I'll be in red sector, chatting up the ladies.

Also, I'll bandwagon with Cory and lynch ##Mysticassassin since he pretty much does go inactive/never talks. Same with thejoke but I want to kill mystic first.
  • Screw you Tyrsis.
  • ::realizing the kitchen intercom::

Greetings,

I bake all the sweets for the Red sector and I would appreciate no impostors.

##TheJoker
  • ##mysticassassin

starting day phase is really rough to me. i have no reads (not that mine are ever any good to begin with)
  • ##loafery
  • ##Mysticassassin
  • Geez!!
    trying to kill me off already??

I still won last last WW..
    inactivity and all.. a wins a win :P
  • edited June 2014
    ##mysticassasin
  • ::Runs to the red sector::

Now now, where are the sweets again?

##loafery

I'm not fond of suicidal tendencies, this guy might as well blow the ship up to end his life with style...

• Do villagers have ships?
  • we're not on a ship? lol...its a station, right

that thing ships dock into...still blowable, though
  • So its like gallactica
  • I don't get the hashtags
  • read intro
  • I'm new here not sure how to make the intercom work.....so confusing but i'll go visit the red sector

## Unreliable
  • OK ok...

##mysticassasin
  • I could get behind a little ##Rohan lynching action, if only to save us from his lack of solid logic later on when he, say, SAVES A BAD GUY FROM LYNCH :P
  • Current Votes

Damdred:
    Loafery (2): Loafery, unreliable
    Mages:
    SkyDragonX:
    The Joker (2): TMonsta, Bakery
    TMonsta:
    Tyrsis:
    Bakery:
    Darubian:
    Cory:
    rohan (2): Mages, Meadows
    azalieo:
    phantom:
    unreliable (1): Damdred
    meadows:
    Kloudi:
    pie:
    mysticassassin (6): Cory, Tyrsis, Azalieo, SkyDragon, Phantom, Darubian

Not Voting: The Joker, rohan, Kloudi, pie, mystic assassin

Currently mysticassassin is set to be lynched with 6 votes. The day ends 10 hours from this post, at 12am CST. Remember Voting is mandatory. If you do not vote you will be warned then mod killed.
  • joker

just remember who started the train on me!