Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What values do you look for in a politician?

2»

Comments

• I don't want anything in a politician, I prefer statesmen.

loloololololol I hate all politicians.
  • It's impossible to be a "good" politician in the sense that you please everyone and do the right thing. It's actually better to have people in power that are somewhat shady and corrupt as they can handle the shitstorm better then people that are purely good valued, simple people. If you want to win an election then you have to bend on some of your values and say things you don't necessarily believe. For the most part you can stick to your guns, but you have to be able to play the game to actually get something done in congress or government. People that aren't able to exchange favors, lie, and cheat a little bit will never make progress. Anyone that genuinely believes otherwise is naive.
    Do you believe that the men who signed the declaration of independence were shady men?
  • It's impossible to be a "good" politician in the sense that you please everyone and do the right thing. It's actually better to have people in power that are somewhat shady and corrupt as they can handle the shitstorm better then people that are purely good valued, simple people. If you want to win an election then you have to bend on some of your values and say things you don't necessarily believe. For the most part you can stick to your guns, but you have to be able to play the game to actually get something done in congress or government. People that aren't able to exchange favors, lie, and cheat a little bit will never make progress. Anyone that genuinely believes otherwise is naive.
    Do you believe that the men who signed the declaration of independence were shady men?
    Do you believe they werent?
  • Anyone who is corrupt, shady, knows how to tell a good lie and has a good financial backing seems qualified in my eyes.
    Anyone who is corrupt, shady, knows how to tell a good lie and has a good financial backing seems qualified in my eyes.
    gotta know how to fool the enemy's corrupt players, right?
  • What value? About tree fiddy.
  • suck my anus sci
  • the only value i care about is that he isnt brown. Other than that im fine
  • Gordon brown?
  • Nice hair and a tight butt.
  • I wouldn't argue with that either.
  • Sarah Palin
  • the only value i care about is that he isnt brown. Other than that im fine

lmao
  • haha "values" and "politician"
  • edited June 2014
    Such a person would treat the nation as they would their own family. They wouldn't place corporations above people and they would solve problems instead of militarizing police. This individual would not seek to profit off war or use that to drive technological breakthrough. They would focus on major reductions in our military budget, especially waste. That money would be diverted back to the nation. The military bases in other countries would disappear. People would have to find something to do besides killing each other for a bit. Our borders would be locked down air tight and our ability to protect our own country would be our military focus. Once we could feed and house our own people to live in comfort only then would we dare try to tell others how to live.
  • It scares me to think that I actually (for the most part) agree with Dank. Except for the locking down of borders bit.
  • I grew here you flew here
  • Don't you dare cross my imaginary lines, beaner!
    Do you believe they werent?
    I'm sure a few were genuine, but most were shady in some form.
  • Even the best of them was dirty as hell
  • who gives a fuck about this thread? this is the sk forums you gang of cunts, if you have a favourite politician you should be shot in the face for being a potential child molestor. Now fuckoff and close this shit.
  • Such a person would treat the nation as they would their own family. They wouldn't place corporations above people and they would solve problems instead of militarizing police. This individual would not seek to profit off war or use that to drive technological breakthrough. They would focus on major reductions in our military budget, especially waste. That money would be diverted back to the nation. The military bases in other countries would disappear. People would have to find something to do besides killing each other for a bit. Our borders would be locked down air tight and our ability to protect our own country would be our military focus. Once we could feed and house our own people to live in comfort only then would we dare try to tell others how to live.
    that does make alot of sense
  • edited June 2014
    By air tight I just mean we'd actually enforce the laws we have on immigration. If you didn't come in legally you won't cut anyone else. They do this thing where they pack people in and give them all amnesty. That's fine if things are great, but they aren't. Our economy has issues and opening the faucet wide open is malice. They try to say they are taking the jobs nobody wants? Well, what is that anyways? What the hell kind of welcome is that what are these idiots talking about? Businesses want to pay people less money and treat people like crap that's what they are really saying. Since they can't entice you with crap pay and lack of benefits they are going to tap into another country. Yeah, that seems like a great idea we are so humane, so awesome. Eventually they figure you will come around, when you can't find a job. Then they can give you the same treatment once you are better conditioned.

Now that corporations are "people" and can donate whatever they want to politicians what do you think happens? Well the corporations give them money and they go hey we got cheap labor. Both parties go fuck yeah baby let's rock n roll. The flood gates are open... good luck shutting that off.

This is what irritates me. Everyone over here is super patriotic. You get on Facebook it's just support this, bravery this, and worship this. That's neat but you know who isn't patriotic? The politicians that are giving your jobs away when all they have to do is say... raise your wage you unpatriotic bitch ass mother fuckers! But oh hell naw that will never happen that you won't hear from your news.