Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 10 Players of SKs history

Comments

• This is in context of since i have been playing...2-3 years now...kingdoms can't show up in more than 1 category...not ranked just a list in each category

Top Builders Only (Top NW Rank)
    Jones
    Lynog
    Flazer

Top AL/WG Only (Win from lower rank or hold off uni wars)
    Kes
    Sci
    RMagician

Top HOF Whores On (gives all pas, missiles every PK, and hits 4x10 on all KTs)
    Tank Killer
    Gunslinger
    Mt. Gagazet

Top Overall Players Only (Top KD builder/Top AL/Top HOF whore)
    Cobras
    Damdred
    Scars
    I like the way Cobra's broke it down. I don't think there is a real way to pick a "top 10", because when I think of different players that I would consider "tops", they all bring something different to the table. Would also agree on his list for the most part, because if you asked me about these guys, I would say the same thing.
  • edited January 2014
    Tex was the best at war that ever played sk IMHO.

It's a shame he tainted his record so much.
    That they don't even realize it is just icing on that cake.
  • Tex was the best at war that ever played sk IMHO.

It's a shame he tainted his record so much.
    That they don't even realize it is just icing on that cake.
    emphasis
  • Yet if it was anyone else you would be crywanking about using multies to help in war etc dank.

Actually you did the same thing so im not in the least surprised.
  • AS I have not been playing for 12 years and I just came back Im not giong to pretend that I remember/give a fuck about the guys who used to play 84 rounds ago. Saying that I will write who since the last 6 rounds? Who have stood out to me as "Top Players"

In no particular order
    1. Jester
    2. Damdred
    3. Scars
    4. Tiesto
    5. Cobra
    6. Flazer
    7. Glund
    8. Walls
    9. Meadows
    10. Arson

And jones only because ive seen him play in 2 places and he did very well in both even though he quit both times
  • I'm just going to do a modern list tbh, if i had to do a past list i would go along the same lines as amog. heres my modern list, this is not in order.

1. Jester
    2. Scars
    3. Aero
    4. Lynog
    5. Jones
    6. QWJ
    7. Flazer
    8. Meadows
    9. Tiesto
    10. Cobra
    11. Arson

Thats probably just builders leader wise the past 10-12 rounds. I'm not conceited so I didn't put myself lolz
  • AS I watch the retarded debate over blah zee bloo bluuuh... Here's my list not in order of who's best btw... I post these guys b.c they ARE without a doubt top 10 every game they play, some of their influence hits SK EVEN when they don't play and they all think outside the normal box!!! That being said FLAME ON FUCKERS!!!

Fade
    Omni
    Jones
    Vindicator
    Tank Wolf
    Lyn0obles
    Ceph
    Capt'n Froggy
    Valhalla FTZ
    J5

• That being said FLAME ON FUCKERS!!!
    :-B *flames*
  • edited January 2014
    No offense intended to him but Flazer only grabs Rank 1 because he has pop-inflated kingdoms. His kingdoms aren't even any good, lol. I remember a couple of us saying we wanted to grab him a few days out of newbie last round, but we were all in the same alliance.

Example: An SoK from 2 hours ago shows him Rank 1 as TF with 60k pop, 1k Troopers, 4,700 Laser Troopers and around 150 tanks.

My own kingdom has 35k pop, 800 Troopers and almost 8k Laser Troopers, yet he's Rank 1 because of the pop thing, nothing else.

All the exploring, waking up at this and this time, razing this, converting that and he still has rubbish kingdoms.
  • Flazer himself will tell you his KD isnt very good right now though, nor does anykind of rank matter at the moment, its all about how you set your kd up to potentially being a monster then following that up by it becoming a monster.

Flazer knows exactly how to do this and put a hell of a lot of effort into trying to do it, he has had alot of bad luck in the past but on his day can compete with most. The same cant be said for alot of the supposed top building around nowadays.
  • I can understand that. I've only really been watching his kingdoms for the last 3 rounds now. People have been saying that his kingdoms are good so I kind of expected more somehow. I don't doubt that he knows what he's talking about though. :)
  • u jelly of my pop

seems you have a lot to learn before commenting on my playstyle
  • edited January 2014
    My pop is terrible apparently :( I need more citizens on my star kingdom
  • Flazer maths the fuck out of his kingdoms. I used to think they worked 50% of the time but now i think its 33%. When they work tho id put him on par with anyone else still around.

Only thing is those other guys do it every round. Remember Artosis pat? :D
  • I really haven't had the Christmas issue ever. I can't think of a time when someone told me I can't celebrate or gave me a mean look.
  • I really haven't had the Christmas issue ever. I can't think of a time when someone told me I can't celebrate or gave me a mean look.
    Wrong thread ty
    Wrong thread ty
    I wonder how that happened.

• Freedom of religion discussion in full swing!
  • Flazer himself will tell you his KD isnt very good right now though, nor does anykind of rank matter at the moment, its all about how you set your kd up to potentially being a monster then following that up by it becoming a monster.

Flazer knows exactly how to do this and put a hell of a lot of effort into trying to do it, he has had alot of bad luck in the past but on his day can compete with most. The same cant be said for alot of the supposed top building around nowadays.
    This is something I never fully comprehended and still need work on. I'm doing an experiment with s1 and s2. My s2 is all about that. I could at any time convert and pump out a billion tanks and have rank 1 but then if completely destroy my kd and would take a lot of resources to get myself back to stability. It's similar to going to mobo and then having to go back to growth. My s1 is set up differently but is similar.

It took a while to understand that at least 80% of kd building is watching others. I have more scientists than tanks right now because any more tanks is a waste because I'm safe this I can utilize resources to other areas that are more economical. Honestly, learning starcraft helped me realize these important kingdom building stuff.
  • So that super terra flazer build is what hes doing right now i still dont get why u need 20 percent explore to do it but gl
  • I'm about to convert my KD to a Jahovahs witness
  • need the exploring to be able to keep pop up so high i think. It would still work but would just take longer to get to.
  • And the build isn't retarded its actually a good theory flazer is working on i'm interested to see if it ends up working or not
  • He posted it somewhere I think, or it might of been in aim i'm not sure to lazy to look atm
  • The theory is also based upon Defensive State and pop defending your KD with max shields.
  • Lol Mal starcraft is the champ for teaching people how to macro. I never though about it applying here but i suppose it does. Ressource management can decide quite a bit when yourr all hitting and exploring thr same way.
  • it is based more around defensive state

but i like this strat because i get to make lts
  • I did post the effects of it somewhere, didn't do the complete math, but the stats are staggering after just 1 month of doing it

cant remember where i posted it though
  • TOp Builders:

Lynog
    TankWolf
    Meadows -
    Qwj
    Jones
    Omni
    FTB
    Fepo
    Tex
    Cyborg

Im sure there are tonnes more just too old to rember them.
  • Nobody who has never made anything of note themselves should criticize anyone else building skills. Just sayin