Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Robbings are now Risk Free?

PiePie
edited April 2013 in General
We currently have a debate going in AFs concerning robbings.

My stance:
If you rob someone, be prepared to face any and all consequences.

Their stance:
No Consequences for robbings.

This discussion happened because KD A robbed KD B. KD B then arsoned KD A. KD A went to AFs complaining over the Arsons. (Plat robbed = 12k, 2 buildings were lost total) Problems Officer D got a retal approved for Arsons from KD B's SL.

When asked why a retal was even asked for, I was told "A lot of people use robbing as their main source of income."

Thoughts?

Comments

• People crying over being robbed is hilarious, and wasting pas to retal robs only slows down your own alliance, be thankful your own alliance gets the money you could have lost, but wasting pas on alliancemates to get rid of the maximum amount of money that could be made alliance wise, lol
  • edited April 2013
    Robbing/Kidnaps are non aggressive. If you don't spend your money it's your own fault if someone takes it from you.

Sabo/Arson are aggressive probings.

KD A Robbed KD B One time, KD B Retalled with 2 aggressive probings.

Aggressive probings vs the alliance = retal

And Pie, rather than put up your side of the story why not put the whole thing.

No where was it stated that there was no consequence for robbings, If you get robbed a lot on a regular basis by the same person, then yes retal back. But if you arson/sabo over 1 rob, you deserve to get hit right back.
  • I'm stating as far as I read. And no where up to that point (my last post) did you say multiple robs or anything... I will gladly copy/paste your post which I replied to. And the fact is, what happens if your the 4th different person to rob said KD, but the only one caught?

And Flazer, I agree with you to a point. If we are in the middle of a war, yes don't waste your probes. But daily day to day SK'n?

I just want to know, are Robs risk free? If I get bashed for robbing someone can I run crying to AFs like a little bitch? If someone just grabs me and sends a "that's for robbing me" message... Can I grab my bottle and blankie and cry in the AFs that he hit me cause I robbed him?

Or do I man up and say.. "Hey, if I rob Flazer, there's a chance he will hit me for it" and take that risk myself...

I guess if my FDC catches people robbing me I'm just supposed to say "Um, excuse me... Mister, can you.. uh, not do that? I am not allowed to do anything about it... But please, please stop? Thank you, kind Sir."
  • Blanket answer: ask your leadership if they're prepared to stand behind an asshole. If you guys calculate that you can swing your dicks what's to stop you?

(don't try to convince me you're not an asshole, instead accept the role as far as the opposing kds/alliances are concerned)
  • Crying over robbings? Jesus Christ..

Spend your money or shut the hell up. Going to the alliance over such trivial matters makes you look weak and pathetic. It's not Kingdom A's fault that your Kingdom is a piece of shit.
  • edited April 2013
    This really doesn't sound like an issue of robbing a kingdom to me. The person who robbed was not aggressive. However, the guy that arsoned two times deserves the retal for sure. I'd war over that stance if I had the resources later into the round and my enemy started talking smack about it. Arsons should get your punk ass in trouble outside of a KT. If you take away the duties that an alliance has to its kingdoms then what you have are a bunch of peasants there to hit what you post. That is not worthy of even joining in my opinion.

Pie's topic is disinfo as the real issue is arson and his purpose is to deflect attention from it. Plus arguing with Zamerano is always a fail. Pay some respect to the veterans of this game or I will multi rape your ass again. Maybe I should say agains as it happens so frequently. You have been warned.
  • Robberies are not a retaliatable offense, not by the old rules anyways. It just means you or someone you know knocks his land down a peg if he gets caught
  • This really doesn't sound like an issue of robbing a kingdom to me. The person who robbed was not aggressive. However, the guy that arsoned two times deserves the retal for sure. I'd war over that stance if I had the resources later into the round and my enemy started talking smack about it. Arsons should get your punk ass in trouble outside of a KT. If you take away the duties that an alliance has to its kingdoms then what you have are a bunch of peasants there to hit what you post. That is not worthy of even joining in my opinion.

Pie's topic is disinfo as the real issue is arson and his purpose is to deflect attention from it. Plus arguing with Zamerano is always a fail. Pay some respect to the veterans of this game or I will multi rape your ass again. Maybe I should say agains as it happens so frequently. You have been warned.
    Like a boss

• Robbings are always retal-able imo. If i give zero fucks about a round, id have no problem arsoning the robber so that the rebuild cost offsets his robs.

I call BS that you should just let it go...if you rob a DW that can roll you, you can be sure theres a 25% chance of getting smashed. Arsons are no different. You take my money, therefore I make you lose my money, go rob someone else.

Its not practical to spend your money 24h a day, a decently built kingdom will be a good rob if they ever have to sleep like normal people. If you want to risk taking the money, then accept the consequences.
  • edited April 2013
    Arsons were never acceptable throughout the games history. People want to bend the rules now that only one or maybe two alliances rule the server. It is fuck you to those outside and fuck you too their own kingdoms robbed by their own mates. It is pure fuckery based entirely on who you know. If you fuck with the rules I will dig my weapons up and see you when I see you.
  • Again people, the question is...

If you rob, should you be willing to accept the consequences of doing so? Be it being grabbed, arsoned, robbed back.. etc. And if there are no consequences to robbing and its non-aggressive... Why can't I rob intra-alliance? If it doesn't affect someone negatively (which would be my definition of non-aggressive) and the only suitable response to being robbed is "shit, should spend your money"... Then I should be able to intra-alliance rob, but I can't.

Also most people's main source of gaining land is by attacking... So that needs to be made non-aggressive.
  • Meh, like flazer said you are only harming yourself by wasting PAs on arsons. But the principle of it is the exact same as grab retals.

It's interesting how much the playermade rules cater to top kingdoms haha, people like Pie get shafted by almost every rule. We say "grab them back, but all other methods are banned", if he could roll the guy back he obviously wouldnt need to cry to the AFs.
  • edited April 2013
    Also Pie, many people do rob intralliance so yeah haha. Zam did it the last round i played, I do it when NAPs are up, etc

I remember a round where Silverion posted in the problems thread that lynog and qwj were intralliance robbing him erryday. I believe it was HG, the al or val, said "spend your money noob lolololol"
  • I guess the difference is: I'm not a dick like you, Lynog or Qwj lol
  • People robbing actives for their income is a risk. If you don't like the consequences when caught, then don't rob. A person losing 2 residents after getting caught is funny. Asking for a retal is pathetic. Getting the retal approved retarded.

Next time post them in the sox thread without comment. Then they will get smashed 3x. Case closed.
  • People robbing actives for their income is a risk. If you don't like the consequences when caught, then don't rob. A person losing 2 residents after getting caught is funny. Asking for a retal is pathetic. Getting the retal approved retarded.

Next time post them in the sox thread without comment. Then they will get smashed 3x. Case closed.
    This is what I agree with.
  • Also Pie, many people do rob intralliance so yeah haha. Zam did it the last round i played, I do it when NAPs are up, etc

I remember a round where Silverion posted in the problems thread that lynog and qwj were intralliance robbing him erryday. I believe it was HG, the al or val, said "spend your money noob lolololol"
    its a dick move to intra alliance rob BUT, sk now you have to take what you can get, I will rob anyone but my own homies and even them sometimes too. Thing is though if i get caught and someone wants to punish me ill take it on the chin to an extent, If i got arson raped then i would dish out a nice intra alliance grab too go along with the rob.
  • Truth, I robbed my groupmate Dreams a couple rds back when he would sleep long hours.

If I catch someone rob me, there-s a decent chance they are getting hit. I think robs are just as aggressive as an arson, as they cost me similar amounts of $$$ at the end of the day.

Moral of the story: robs hurt kingdoms, don't be surprised and bitch when they bite back.
  • lynog would sell his virginity for a rob on his own AL
  • I still think if someone annoyingly robs you all the time to hit him. Im not going to log in every night at 2 am and disrupt my sleep so I dont get robbed. You rob me every night youre going to get hit. Just my thoughts. You dontlike it its not free. You risk robbing me every night shit happens
  • No matter how much money you have stored or how inactive you are, if someone robs you and you can break them you are well within your rights to smash them up.

I usually dont care enough about the odd rob, but if I see a name appear more than once or the name of somebody i dont like I will hit them, even for 1 rob.

Bottom line should be from ALs, rob who you can easily defend against
  • well said.
  • lynog would sell his virginity for a rob on his own AL
    Flaznoob hows you been nigga, I heard HG and his crew have been slapping you around while ive been gone
  • Ive been gone since i died last round, and this round I dont even know what Im doing
  • Well im hearing your being slapped up all the time. Where are your boys when this is happening and why are you letting it happen? You are disappointing me Flaznoob
  • i dont even know what you are talking about, i get multied, and everyone is bored of sk, thats about it
  • There are consequences to every action in SK. If you don't build defense, you get hit. If you don't build offense, you fall behind in land, then fall behind in your build, then get hit. If you rob someone and they can hit you back, you get hit. If they can't hit you, I have no problem with them arsoning your ass back.

Steal from me and slow down my build, better believe that I'll do something back on my own if I catch you.

However, I wouldn't expect my alliance to get involved.
  • edited April 2013
    People keep saying this no arson sabo rule is to protect big people. I would argue the opposite This rule was designed to prevent large kingdoms, fade to black could single handidly be blamed, from running scripts to keep signed in and not spend cash. They could roll you but again we made the bash rule to prevent this. So the purpose was to stop mega uber elites from smahing your ass not to protect them. Left alone they will hoarde cash for whatever purpose maybe laziness maybe to mass tfs out of the blue. You touch that cash they fuck you up and you.... you can't do shit about what happens to you. There was a time when alliances served kingdoms believe it or not. These days blind faith and dedication to serve them are why you join. I will forever remain old school if you join something I run fuck anyone taking advantage of you I will war not build a fucking oligarchy where your round is devoted to how the alliance ranks. All for one... or nothing at all.
  • edited April 2013
    I'm surprised were even discussing these rules, they've been around for so long? Why are we debating? Not to say that I disagree with ya dank :-P
  • edited April 2013
    Because when I do play I don't want some random AL making crap up and calling it rules we all agreed on. That is how my feud with hihaters and 2ndC began. I have no probs changing rules if we know what they are beforehand and there is a sticky thread. A decade of requesting that and no thread so please leave them alone. I also want people to know why no arsons sabos exists. Protecting giant kingdoms was the opposite of the intention. It was to give people a chance to steal their cash and catch up. Lynog for instance is notorious for stacking cash to tf rush of course he hates this rule. People should hear both sides.