Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what now....

edited November 2015 in General
After just plodding through this round. After dying because of no reason other than someone's need to feel better about themselves... I'm sort of over it.

Looking for a browser based game I can play, where thinking & planning make a difference once more.
Someone out there must have come across a similar, or comparable game to SK over the years it has been dying??

Comments

• you can come play with my balls if you want mate
  • I said I don't want to die over someone trying to feel better about themselves :D
  • Does star fury still exist? I remember that starting up as an sk rival back in the day.
  • Yes... star-fury.com

It has 2 servers, one currently with 12 players and the other with 9. Presumably only 12 people play.
  • the last round started in aug so its dead
  • After just plodding through this round. After dying because of no reason other than someone's need to feel better about themselves... I'm sort of over it.

Looking for a browser based game I can play, where thinking & planning make a difference once more.
    Someone out there must have come across a similar, or comparable game to SK over the years it has been dying??
    you could pass time in Junction Gate...non-abandoned browser survival game
  • you could pass time in Junction Gate...non-abandoned browser survival game
    It seems to be in development stage atm?

game still growing...

first time i played most of the features werent even in place yet, i have high hopes for that game
  • edited November 2015
    some still aren't :P
    let me know when its up and running...
  • Just tried star-fury and I created a passport thing, but no activation code!

game still growing...

first time i played most of the features werent even in place yet, i have high hopes for that game
    From dev's facebook page:

"Here's what's left to be done before the first private beta launch:

* Finish descriptions for all current facilities.
    * Add grid icons for all current facilities.
    * Add hex grid notifications for facilities without the proper connections.
    * Enable menu and level unlocks.
    * Add facility upgrade system.
    * Add facility management modals.
    * Refactor UI to make it more responsive.
    * Add animations to all pages.
    * Fix cross browser bugs.
    * Balance costs and production for all facilities on all difficulty levels.
    * Implement save system.
    * Implement new game system, complete with random seed generation.
    * Add log system.
    * Add sounds for hex grid, clicks, page loads, and more.
    * Add facility destruction effect.
    * Integrate analytics.
    * Add basic game stats."
  • we could try junction gate...

err no URL for it?
  • its not even multiplayer btw :P

just google the name :)
  • Galaxies ablaze

It not dead but only 10 people still play it

• Just trying galaxies ablaze..
  • we could try junction gate...

err no URL for it?
    started my first diplomatic mission, went polite and got this as response...
    felt like talking to a random SL full of himself lol

"Junction Door:

The Antares City State does not react well to insulting drivel disguised as an attempt to gain our attention. You may soon find that our attention is not something you wish to have. Tread carefully.

Senator Jenkany Jacobs

Antares City State"
  • If people want to play it in it's almost finished state, I can throw EA back online using some free web hosting site or something. It's been a while but I think it was only missing a few game features (sector weapons, mass messaging and a few of the manual pages). It does however lack the back end tools for moderation, but if people are interested those aren't very difficult to add, and I wouldn't be opposed to appointing some select people to help moderate the game since I'm not always around.

The last few rounds that @Mages and I had been testing it, things seemed to be fairly stable and we hadn't notice many bugs or irregularities.
  • Ive always thought your game had potential bean. hit me up Id join to play and help test etc.
  • I would give yours another try bean
  • made a restless volcanic then noticed there was a guy near me with 1000 times more land than i had...
  • I'm there too.
  • edited December 2015
    I would give yours another try bean
  • If people want to play it in it's almost finished state, I can throw EA back online using some free web hosting site or something. It's been a while but I think it was only missing a few game features (sector weapons, mass messaging and a few of the manual pages). It does however lack the back end tools for moderation, but if people are interested those aren't very difficult to add, and I wouldn't be opposed to appointing some select people to help moderate the game since I'm not always around.

The last few rounds that @Mages and I had been testing it, things seemed to be fairly stable and we hadn't notice many bugs or irregularities.
    How does one struggle so many years making such a simple game?
  • Clearing coming from someone with no experience programming.
  • Clearing coming from someone with no experience programming.
    Touché, why else do you think cart tried so hard to hide his bullshit.
  • Bcarts code is hideous
  • I could host the game...
  • Bcarts code is hideous
    I know, BUT, the damn thing works.
  • Bcarts code is hideous
    I know, BUT, the damn thing works.
    debatable