Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US states refusing Syrian Refugees

edited November 2015 in General
http://www.texastribune.org/2015/11/16/texas-block-syrian-refugee-resettlement-abbott-say/

I completely agree with this move, however the Irony behind it is that we're bombing their country while bringing their masses here and in Europe, accepting them as citizens. Despite the Paris attacks, my stance on the refugee situation remained solid before and after. I was more curious if any of our friends across the pond or Europe in general who may have been affected by the great migration like Italy, Germany, and France has.

Comments

• edited November 2015
    what if everyone not related to the war left the country, then it gets leveled, terraformed, and rebuilt so they return?

(did i use terraformed right?0
  • If I had people invading England
    I wouldn't be feeling across the pond
    I would be fighting till the end

Yes I would send my family away but I wouldn't go

A good 70% of immigrants are men
  • what if everyone not related to the war left the country, then it gets leveled, terraformed, and rebuilt so they return?

(did i use terraformed right?0
    We tried that with Louisiana after Katrina, they didn't go back :(
  • edited November 2015
    If I had people invading England
    I wouldn't be feeling across the pond
    I would be fighting till the end

Yes I would send my family away but I wouldn't go

A good 70% of immigrants are men
    Yes.. you have to wonder what type of "young men" are coming... I wouldn't think of leaving my homeland whilst it was being invaded/attacked.

• i just heard in the news that 2% of syrian refugees are single men.
  • I wish UK would do the same.
  • My state is one that won't let them in.
  • We have also refused entry.

• i just heard in the news that 2% of syrian refugees are single men.
    CNBC said that, so not too sure you can trust it.
  • I wouldn't. There's not too many Outlets I trust in the first place. I can't help but feel an enormous amount of bullshit behind this entire situation. Everything about this feels off.
  • Of course it's all bullshit. Engineered circumstance by our governments to incite racial/religious tensions... to result in less freedoms and more laws to keep our rights to a minimum
  • Still not gunna let them in :) the EU can have them for all I care.
  • Canada wanted to re-think our December deadline of refugee intake.

Probably, not because of terror scare, but because we need to build more infrastructures to acommodate them...err, we need to build more igloo. We go big...
  • I'm against letting anyone into our country. Not because I don't think we should help, but because I think this isn't the proper approach to helping.

I saw a video the other day that stated that some 3 billion people were considered to be the bottom 2%. 400 million more are born into that same group every year. 1st word countries take in about 3 million of these annually. The current approach not only doesn't solve the problem, or even make a dent in it but it also floods our 1st world countries with cheap labour where governments also spend a fortune giving them tax breaks, free healthcare and other handouts.
  • you dumbfucks do know that Syria isnt being invaded and that its a civil war, right?
  • you dumbfucks do know that Syria isnt being invaded and that its a civil war, right?
    ^^^
  • edited November 2015
    you dumbfucks do know that Syria isnt being invaded and that its a civil war, right?
    This is how the US invades these days... Helps out in civil wars. Installs US friendly government... And then makes billions out of training their troops and rebuilding.
    Not to mention getting more of a foothold in amongst the oil states.
    This is how the US invades these days... Helps out in civil wars. Installs US friendly government... And then makes billions out of training their troops and rebuilding.
  • edited November 2015
    you dumbfucks do know that Syria isnt being invaded and that its a civil war, right?
    Sorry Azalieo... forgot to add ~ "Dumbfuck" :D
  • there was no US friendly faction to install, considering that the current rules is the only "pro west" entity in the fight.

also we syria is one of the not oil muslim nations, so we dont really care about them
  • edited November 2015
    LOL
    Any land near to those the US government wish to control. is strategic land...
    Politically and militarily.
  • Yup, they keep getting closer and closer to Iran lol
  • we have full access to the Gulf with the GCC. syria has 0 strategic advantage for us. we can launch an attack and bowl over Iran with just the forces we already have in the region. we gain nothing from seeing this happen.
  • Can I be a Refugee? I wanna move to the EU and get everything for free too instead of working my ass off here in america!
  • edited November 2015
    Strategically, the US/UN can't bomb Iran, if we surround them, we can do more damage then bombs ever could. It would force Irans surrender without a missle fired. Imagine an embargo of all imports on the country, no fly zones in or out of the country civilian or military.
  • Strategically, the US/UN can't bomb Iran, if we surround them, we can do more damage then bombs ever could. It would force Irans surrender without a missle fired. Imagine an embargo of all imports on the country, no fly zones in or out of the country civilian or military.
    Depends on your definition of "being invaded". I see US-armed terrorist scum trying to destroy a sovereign nation - Something that Russia seems to be the only sane one trying to resolve by bombing the shit out of those "rebels" and ISIS shitbags.
  • http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/middle_east.gif

we have Iraq, Saudi, the GCC, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Turkey as either occupied territories or allies. look at where syria is on the map and tell me again that we somehow need them to deal with Iran.

also, ISIS was not the only rebel group trying to take out assad
  • edited November 2015
    Who knows. The whole Iran Bit is an educated guess. it took what, 10 years to get oil flowing from these camel Jockies, why else you think our shits expected to stay so low for years to come? We're robbing them blind.