Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Indulge my curiousity

edited October 2015 in General
I am intrigued. Earlier on I was involved in a discussion about a player quad-hitting a suicider.
I am old school & back in the day, suiciders were free land. That is what suicide meant.
Now players are calling that farming which used to mean keep secondary accounts to harvest easy land & cash.
The argument against my POV was that the player who got in 1st on the suicider received an unfair advantage & could then dominate the game.
To that I would say, if you can dominate the game simply by raping a suicider, that just means the game has become too small to support a real land economy. Sure, easy land early is always a bonus but there were always more opportunity further down the line; more suiciders, disbanding players etc.
But fair enough.
We can have a player rule that says you cannot take advantage of a tactical error because it provides exploiters with too much advantage.
My question is if it is not OK to rape a suicider, why is OK to gangbang smaller KDs who haven't done anything stupid?
I am looking at you sector 1:6 & others.
Has this game gone so far to the dogs, have players become so narcissistic & anal & alliance so weak, that we are now afraid to risk a few hits by taking on multis & now resort to bashing the few remaining legits players left out of the game?

Comments

• yes. suiciders were free land.

but also farming was kt'd.
    basically 1 u can't prove that you didn't farm it, so they say 'i found this suicider legit', and will still die as a farmer.

this is y the player made rule exists, it makes it easier to figure out these farm cases, on average there used to be like tons of officers who inspect and alliances who cared, so they find the farmers and then blabla talk to other alliance, blabla post as a kt.

bcuz all those people have pretty much stopped doing this, it's u see a suicider? u hit 4x? most likely it was ur farm, so u die, and if u don't want to be called a farmer, u hit once, so even if it WAS ur farm. people are too tired to investigate and that 'huge lead' you would have gotten isn't that big.

• I think there is a great deal that has degraded since SK started. It had its glory days, but now it just seems to be a joke. People don't have discussions with one another anymore past making fart noises, and everything else is even worse.

First off, all the people who take advantage of the game by exploits or other means are the ones mostly bringing the game down. This is not new. Its been going on for over 15 years. However, 15 years ago, those who abused the system were in the minority and were easily handled by all the legit players. Now, they seem to be in the majority.

What can you expect? Seemingly any sort of moderation or game support from admins or anyone else is non existent. Like most multiplayer games nowadays, its more about how much you can hack or exploit and less about having fun playing the game. Its a rather big disgrace, and I really wish there was a SK game where people could play the game for real and not have to deal with the inept social and gaming skills of most who seem to populate the game.

One suggestion I would make, and with as little support as this game has gotten I don't know why I suggest anything, would be to eliminate auto grouping of kingdoms. Let everyone be their own kingdom, and not tied to a sector. There can still be alliances, but each kingdom picks what alliance they want and who they want to game with. Just eliminate sectors entirely.

Playing this game in the 90's compared to playing it now, is fairly depressing. Its like watching a bad remake of a favorite childhood movie. It is what it is, though, and I doubt it will change anytime soon.
  • Yeah. I hear you. It is a bit like those new Star Wars movies with Ja Ja Binks.
    We need to have a universal agreement to cut out the bashing & gangbanging of legit players, bite the bullet & take on the multi regardless of the personal cost.
  • I say make a choice. Do we want to keep legit players in the game or just give up & leave it to the multis?
  • TL:Dr
    ...and this is why we can't have nice things
  • We can't have nice things until Mr. Cart decides to pay attention. Until then, TL:dr
  • Alliances used to ban together to take out the multis. This didnt last.
  • Alliances can't even take out the multies anymore, because the multies outnumber the players.
  • edited October 2015
    Alliances can't even take out the multies anymore, because the multies outnumber the players.
    This

How can you defeat one that owns 100+ multis and can leave you with 200+ news in less than 30 seconds.
  • By people working together. He can't wipe out everyone at once.
    We can start by nuking the multis in our sectors. When they start to retal, everyone starts hitting them.
    It isn't rocket science.
    We can win if we work together.
    The alternative is sucking multi-cock for the rest of the round.
    I for one would rather go out that way, than waste time on a game that is otherwise dead & I can't be the only one. If we make an effort, maybe more players will hang around & as others turn up, things could improve.
    What have we got to lose?
    the TL:DR

a couple new players catching up on the state of SK and thinking if they suggest things that somehow it will fix the game.
  • only way to defeat the multi is to give him aids when he ass rapes you broz
    the TL:DR

a couple new players catching up on the state of SK and thinking if they suggest things that somehow it will fix the game.
    That was exactly my thoughts, I just wasn't the person to say it while trying to save face... Dick lol
  • New players/ Ive been on and off SK probably longer than just about anyone else in the game, and Dizzy is around there. So, unless, Rohan and Screamin, you were playing SK with a dialup modem, you are 'newer' than we are.

Problem is that we have watched SK slowly burn to the ground, and we are still trying to do something about it. Your idea that being apathetic to the issue of the mods and admins being apathetic will somehow solve something is like saying that the only way to get over a crack addiction is to take more crack. You are part of the reason that the game degrades while you just sit back and burn.

It may not be the most viable solution, but at least its some sort of option. We know the the game isnt going to come out with new game saving features. The survival and playability of the game relies on the community of those playing.

Back when I run one of the largest and most active alliances in the game, we killed multis off like Paladins smiting evildoers. It made the game better.

if you want to sit back and pretend not to give a crap, then stop replying to this thread. The fact alone that you took time to reply, even in such an inept way, shows that you do care, at least enough to voice your frustration, in a passive aggressive way, with past efforts to reclaim the good game SK used to be.
  • New players lol
    I was playing this game back when you were swimming around your old man's balls.
    As his name suggests, BetaTester played in the original beta rounds 20 years ago.
    The real difference between players like us & many others here is a spine.
    Obviously there will be players too craven to count on. The big bad multi might mess up your pwetty little kingdom, right?
    Instead, you will bash newbies, ganbang with your mates & hope you don't get big enough to draw any attention.
    Gutless.
  • Like said before.. we used to do what you suggested. No matter what was done, they build more small KD's that just keep failing on you to beat you down. It's endless.
    I guess it comes down to effort v. fun. It's hard to keep enthusiastically pounding multis and not get anywhere with your game & warring between other real players.
  • Thats just the point, its not fun to have to be apathetic and hope you don't get the bully's attention and he doesn't take your lunch money.
    The idea is not new, the motivation is not new. However, Ive been part of groups that were successful. Very very very successful. The success simply stops when the effort stops. Ive been AL, AAL, SL, ASL, and in many leadership roles of groups that took our multis and did a great deal of community involvement to keep the game going strong. I am sorry that most of those guys don't play anymore. Ive come and gone, myself, for many years. All I see now are a bunch of scared kids keeping their heads low and pretending to have balls.

SK may never be what it was before, and a plan like this may fail over and over and over, but I would rather go down fighting with my spine and balls in tact, than to sit and the corner and cower just because the last guy got beat up.
  • lol, almost everyone here was around at the beginning of the game widdle guy. And the point where community banding together to take out the multies died a couple of years ago when the multis started massively outweighing the active players.
  • I played sk on dialup.. fuck that was so long ago
  • These newbies must have been born yesterday

they think we can take out multis

like we havent tried in past rds lol
  • well, so what. you sit around with your thumb up your ass now? Wow. That must be such a better plan. Seems to be working out so much better.
  • I first started around the 4th-5th ever game of SK and saw how good it was.

The problem is you are comparing now to back then when there was 25+ galaxies each with 40 sectors in which each had 15-20 kingdoms in that is a shitload of players and things could get done. Top kingdoms could be killed within a tick etc.

Now there is probably 75 real unique players on the game and none of them can be bothered putting the time in updating their kingdoms to try and kill hundreds of kingdoms that are automatically updated taking up none of their owners time. We login for days/weeks and use wls to kill maybe one multi every 2 days whilst the botters kill 4-5 kingdoms per day with no time used up

Nobody gives a shit enough to do anything

I dont get how people try to insult them saying they have no life etc to be running all these accounts, it is all automatic, they spend less time updating them than normal people do on their 1 kingdom
  • Sup psy btw you arrrrrrrrl bastard :D
  • So instead, players gang up on smaller kingdoms & bash them out of the game?
    This was my original point.
    People have time enough to argue against raping suiciders but no time to argue against bashing & gang banging legit players?
    The best part is that players wonder why the game is dead.
    I can't imagine why.
    Beta will dead soon anyway. The arsons, robs & attacks started in the first minutes of the round & have never relented. He never even got to make an attack before it started.
    What difference does it make to him whether it was a multi who gang banged him or a bunch of lazy players? The result is the same but at least fighting multis might have put some fun into it. Getting gang banged from the word go isn't a great way to encourage new players.
    I haven't been attacked yet at all. I am jut trying to stick up for another player in the hope of keeping him in the game.
    But hey, who cares? It is just a silly game. There are no prizes & not much fun to be had. When you finish wiping him out, feel free to do the same to my kingdom too. No-one in my sector will retal & I have better things to do anyway.
    All the best.

• It's funny how you think "we" as s collective are the ones gang banging yur boy when he never even pmd me with the news or fact that he was being gang banged, nor an SOM to show he was even above Safe D out of newbie. Getting broken that much means his D was probably shit.

And youre right, i wouldn't bother retalling for anyone who takes SL away and screws over the whole sector
  • New players lol
    I was playing this game back when you were swimming around your old man's balls.
    As his name suggests, BetaTester played in the original beta rounds 20 years ago.
    The real difference between players like us & many others here is a spine.
    Obviously there will be players too craven to count on. The big bad multi might mess up your pwetty little kingdom, right?
    Instead, you will bash newbies, ganbang with your mates & hope you don't get big enough to draw any attention.
    Gutless.

So I get what your saying, but please hear me out. This isn't the first time a multi bot has shown it's face, not the second or third. It's been going on for years. Most of us left have fought it, did show spine, and with greater numbers and support then the game has left, and guess what happened. We got reck'd, badly.

Tl:Dr - there is no fighting a multibot. It is not a winnable fight.

P.s. there are a bunch of us who played way back when, I know at least 3 who started in the 20th century. Nice to see old faces tho
  • ^that's the nice way of telling these guys what I've already repeatedly said, i suppose. They don't listen to reason, though, so w.e
  • We have already done the days of bot wars where we nap the uni and fight the bot. It's boring as hell. I've played other versions like Beans and it dies. Whats left for me is the usual pattern. Climb to rank 1-5, have a little fun trying to hit someone I know and trying not to get hit by someone better like lynog or jones and then die. Even if not the bot, some alliance, UA, or other multies always kill me anyway. Right now the second I hit rank 1 some random kds start arsoning the hell out of me. Not the bot but some other prob top 10 noob that wants to climb up by using his probe farms. It's all for a little fun. Very few are serious enough about this game anymore to do bot battles.
  • You guys type too much, lengthen it down you bastards