Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 10 & edge

edited August 2015 in General
just got it, discuss...

Comments

• i close the door and no windows
  • Last November I bought a laptop with Windows 10. After having it 2 weeks I decided Never. Again. will I buy windows.
  • Oh? You mean the windows that was just released or am I jus stoopid?
  • I haz mac. Wot is this u speak of?
  • I got windows 19 that just released. It's pretty good so far. I haven't really messed with the new edge yet tho.
  • Rohan skipped 9 versions gg
  • Hahahahahahaha OG baby, OG
  • I had just installed a fresh copy of windows 7 with Kali and Ubuntu and got them all working the way I want for boot menu so I'm hesitant to install windows 10 as if its like another windows it's master boot record doesn't play well with others. I haven't seen the proof that it runs faster than 7 either and that would be the only real reason to bother with an upgrade.
  • Well, I installed mine and the speed was noticeably different. I haven't tried any games yet, I might give wow a go and see
  • I don't want Win 10 and here's why

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services."
  • You think your current situation doesn't have the same thing written somewhere in their long terms and conditions agreement?
  • You think your current situation doesn't have the same thing written somewhere in their long terms and conditions agreement?
  • Well, I installed mine and the speed was noticeably different. I haven't tried any games yet, I might give wow a go and see
    my windows already boot in sub 10 seconds and doesn't seam to take any resources (or I don't notice it). Maybe for a machine on old hardware or limited ram I might consider it but as it looks like that would be the only gain im kinda eh on the whole thing.
  • Well I'm not complaining, it sure beats the fisher price model of XP, and more functional than 7 & 8 into.
  • may I ask how its more functional than 7?
    Im still trying to have this love hate relationship with 7. And I'm still running to my Ubuntu desktop if it hates me. I don't know if 10 is a lucky number...but the higher the number, the more dumb i get.

Can we all get back to DOS command?
  • I am really enjoying the functionality behind 10. It works pretty well for me. However I am exceptionally biased as it all of my devices (excluding cell phones but interested in conversion) are microsoft products and how they work together is what sets it apart for me.
    I dunno, it's just simple, doesn't look like shit, easy to navigate like the old windows used to be, you don't have to deal with those stupid ass tile apps, and I'm sure if you type CMD into the search you can used the command prompt unlike how they were trying to turn away from that in the previous versions. I likes it.