Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

henry/viva family doing its "we no cheat" thing

2»

Comments

• Bob Dole is Bob Dole.
  • Shiny Dole
  • Hurda burda burda
  • now viva is making up kik chats, is there another level he can reach ?
  • In a game where there are 50 players, chances of someone matching IPs are close to non existant.
    Completely agree. In fact, I'm of the opinion that there is no legitimate reason whatsoever for any matching IPs these days.
    I bet you wont AL and enforce this next round
  • I haven't properly AL'd in around 14 years after I got RDB'd the last time I did so not surprising. I'm not interested in AL'ing these days either.

However, considering that:

- There's less than 100 people now playing SK.
    - Around half the worlds population has access to the internet.
    - Many of those users have multiple devices that can access the internet.
    - Each of those devices gets assigned a unique IP address.

I find it almost impossible for anyone to be sharing the same IP legitimately today. The only exception to that, in my view, is if a well-known and respected player gets caught. These kinds of occurrences would be rare and you would be more likely to think that there's a legitimate reason for it.

What has happened though is known cheaters getting caught with the same IP on two or more kingdoms. It wouldn't even be a big deal if they weren't known cheaters, lol. Not only that, but they ask cheaters to defend them. And it's always the same cheaters every god damn round either getting caught cheating (For which they claim someone is a friend, imaginary girlfriend, family member or their cat playing) or defending people caught cheating and making excuses for them.

I just find it funny that no-one else seems to have a problem with this predicament. Back when my brother was playing years ago before smartphones and the rest, we never seemed to have a problem with matching IP's and never matched once. Probably because we weren't retarded.
  • Public wifis

Me and my other 50 friends share the same wifi
  • You guys are not thinking this straight.

For example: I live in a third world country, and as far as i know i m the only SK player of my country, but even so there could be a matching ip if my brother who used to play SK decided to start playing again (I dont think he is going to), he has his own house now but he could connect when he is visiting me at home (I do conect from his home, and even from his notebook, cos my old cellphone sucked. There were no matching ip cos he is not playing).

Also i play LAN with my friends, we play Age of Empires II once a month, and if they were interested in playing SK they would connect from my Wi-Fi.

You are thinking that SK players are distributed equitably in the world, but most places dont have SK players, and there are some places were SK players may be concentrated (friends who show the game to his group).

By the way, I m an Economics/statistics student.
  • Don't f*cking let your friends connect from your LAN to SK.
    Back in the days there used to be 50 Lithuanians playing SK and most of the time when someone was caught with matching IP was when they were actually cheating.
    I used to regularly meet some of them, like once a week for a pool game or a beer and still have never been caught with a matching IP because I was conscious about it. And I've been playing for a looooong time.
  • One thing for certain i hit top 10 every round playing legit but after this bs round im keeping atleast 3 kds from now on.
  • You guys are not thinking this straight.

For example: I live in a third world country, and as far as i know i m the only SK player of my country, but even so there could be a matching ip if my brother who used to play SK decided to start playing again (I dont think he is going to), he has his own house now but he could connect when he is visiting me at home (I do conect from his home, and even from his notebook, cos my old cellphone sucked. There were no matching ip cos he is not playing).

Also i play LAN with my friends, we play Age of Empires II once a month, and if they were interested in playing SK they would connect from my Wi-Fi.

You are thinking that SK players are distributed equitably in the world, but most places dont have SK players, and there are some places were SK players may be concentrated (friends who show the game to his group).

By the way, I m an Economics/statistics student.

it wasnt an issue when there where lots of players how is it an issue now? that's right it isn't
  • Westas gets it.

Dirtier, I disagree with everything you said.
  • Don't f*cking let your friends connect from your LAN to SK.
    Back in the days there used to be 50 Lithuanians playing SK and most of the time when someone was caught with matching IP was when they were actually cheating.
    I used to regularly meet some of them, like once a week for a pool game or a beer and still have never been caught with a matching IP because I was conscious about it. And I've been playing for a looooong time.
    2001 i think.