Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supreme Court (USA) rules Gay Marriage legal nationwide!

Comments

• soo their plan written in the book- After the ball, finally came to reality, its like 25 years later those damn fegots reached their goal in us :-q
  • soo their plan written in the book- After the ball, finally came to reality, its like 25 years later those damn fegots reached their goal in us :-q
    Compared to how many years to abolish segregation? Things take time unfortunately.
  • Don't know why any one is against gay marriage. If they want to be miserable like the rest of us then let them.
  • edited June 2015
    Does the ruling say something about church marriages or NA doesn have those?

in brazil, supreme court allowed gay marriage in 2011, but some people want the perks that come with those church ceremonies...

lol...made a quick research now and found out PCUSA decided they know better than the bible and changed the text to "marriage is between two people" (instead of man and woman)

thats how you know they are after your money...they update their main rulebook to get more "clients"
  • The reason so many people were against it was the fact they are opening up a loophole for benifits fraud. Retirement, healthcare and all kinds of other stuff. This ruling is going to sink a lot of retirement funds.
  • So it's okay for straight people to use those funds but not for gay ones Carl? Or here is a thought. How about our government makes sounder financial decisions themselves and not lay it on peoples' lifestyle choices?
  • So it's okay for straight people to use those funds but not for gay ones Carl? Or here is a thought. How about our government makes sounder financial decisions themselves and not lay it on peoples' lifestyle choices?
    This

Also, I have never seen as much hate as I have today. Sometimes living in Texas sucks ball sack. Too many closed minded dumb bitches.
  • Gay people have the same rights as you and me. I fully support the legality of gay marriage (I'm Catholic---sorry Pope).
    Yes, they deserve the benefits, the medical/dental plan.

Also, they are now recognize in the military structure as gay. No more " don't tell".
    If they can take a bullet for your freedom and mine....by all means...
    Give them the right to get married ( it's a long journey ...my friend...I'm proud of you)

And for goodness sake, can we all just be gay?
  • :-?? b-( :-t
  • congrats now half of u ppl can finally be married!
  • Didnt know gay rights was a big thing.

Should have made a discussion about it
  • edited June 2015
    too late, its old news now
  • Brazil is all over NA's gay marriage and some people are outraged due to "communists supporting a decision from a capitalist country"
  • Could not care less about who you decide to fuck/marry. Dunno why any one would tbh, would be like me protesting your wedding cause your wife is a fat cunt. Never really understood the concept.
  • edited June 2015
    Mainly, its a religious concept.

Bible says marriage is between man and woman.

Personally, i think anyone who even considers following the bible, should fully read it, understand, do everything it says for himself, and only then work on spreading the word and its beliefs onto others.

"Thou shall not steal"?

Sure, i'll judge others over that while i use my brother's nice tshirt without asking.

I accept that some religious beliefs consider homossexuality an abnormality, but it just means people who considers homossexuality normal cannot be part of that religion. Religious people shouldnt be against the existance of homossexuals.
  • From what I gather, there's very little religious basis to hate gay people anyway. Anecdotal perhaps, but the best christians I am friends with don't oppose this. Their message is pretty much, "Jesus taught us to love every one".

Not gonna claim to be a religious expert, but when I see these intelligent, levelheaded people supporting it... Really casts some doubt on the validity of what the anti-gay group is spewing.
  • edited June 2015
    I disapprove of it. Call me bigoted if you must.
    They really should just abolish marriage all together no?
  • I disapprove of it. Call me bigoted if you must.
    I want to know more about this stance of yours :P
  • america right now

• Reminds me of the queer festival we had
  • edited June 2015
    Gay marriage has been legal in Canada for 10 years now and it is a no brainer. All people should be equal under the law and this was a case where the law was discriminatory.

That being said, in today's world it is no longer enough to say "I find being gay gross but I don't have any problems with gay people." Basically like- I don't like the cock and I don't understand it but it's fine by me if that's what you like. Nowadays, as I say, the social justice warrior types are not content with that kind of answer. You basically have to say that it is completely awesome to be gay without reservation and you, in fact, like the cock because, who wouldn't?

That's my problem, legality vs morals and personal feelings/tastes.
  • paradigm shift...

"i suddenly have to accept the idea of seeing gay people kissing in public?"

nope, thats something you should be accepting a long time ago, what changed is, now you're forced to accept it.
    Nowadays, as I say, the social justice warrior types are not content with that kind of answer. You basically have to say that it is completely awesome to be gay without reservation and you, in fact, like the cock because, who wouldn't?

That's my problem, legality vs morals and personal feelings/tastes.

it may feel like they want you to be gay as well, but its more due to the effect of change.

some outrageous effect of sorts...

"oh, so i have to be ok with them kissing, whats next, they'll want me to kiss them too?"

I do admit that some activists folk go out of their way to harass christians, and thats not ok. Shoving a cross up their asses is definitely not pro any cause.
  • I'm not Christian at all and I am OK seeing gay people kiss in public, which has not changed legally one way or another anyway in the latest US Supreme Court case. Kissing in public is something I think the vast majority of gay and straight people are respectful of for the most part.

What I am talking about is not about my relationship with gay people at all. Gay people don't want me to be gay, social justice warriors want me to be. I say that kind of half seriously, but that is really the extent that some people want you to believe. I am not allowed to have the feeling that gay sex is gross to me to the point that I have to really find it arousing.

That is the politically correct version of how I should feel anyway.
  • I know what you mean Jeff. Pardon my choice of words, but some of them really do try to shove it down your throat.

Reminds me of feminists, if they stuck with equality we'd make progress... But so many of them went a step further and are pushing a "women are superior" campaign. So silly.
  • Now i know why Politics race religion sex are taboo
  • I know what you mean Jeff. Pardon my choice of words, but some of them really do try to shove it down your throat.

Reminds me of feminists, if they stuck with equality we'd make progress... But so many of them went a step further and are pushing a "women are superior" campaign. So silly.
    This is why I never sit together with feminist who pushed "women are superior " campaign. The very core of being woman is the collaborative mentality and ability to foster teamwork. if you take that out in any woman, you totally hit the wrong nail.

Now i know why Politics race religion sex are taboo
    greatest challenge is sustaining a debate without a side calling the other side names
  • A university course I took one summer: "race, gender and politics, classes" very interesting.

Only class where everyone is up in arms and debates happens every single day. I think I have the most fun in these classes and I had perfect attendance.
  • edited June 2015
    I used to like a good debate 10 or so years ago when I was fresh out of school. I don't really like talking about politics anymore besides the odd thread like this.

When you go to twitter and see the quality you are dealing with it speaks to how the debate usually is. 50% are total idiots and 25% are social justice warriors and they sound like they are actually the other 50%...

BTW Ashnod the name of that course makes me physically sick. I can only imagine what kind of class that was lol. Phds who gravitate to courses like gender or race studies are almost always enough to make you sick.