Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What phone and payment package do you use?

edited May 2015 in General
I was just wondering because ppl in my country complain about high monthly phone fees all the time and wanted to have a comparison.

I still use a galaxy s3 3g model and Ipay like 50 dollars a month part of a 2 year contract that includes the cost of the phone. Pretty standard over here. I get unlimited 3g internet and 3 hrs of calls and a lot sms. But now everyones moved over to the LTE price package which is more expensive.

Comments

• mine is pre-paid :P
  • I have a Blu Dash 5.0, It was free with a 1 year contract.

I pay $50 for it. I get 1000 minutes. Free nights and weekends. Unlimited SMS and 5 GB of 4G data. It includes calling to the states (big plus living in Guam)
  • £45 per month.

Iphone 6 64gb, unlimited txts, unlimited calls, 8gb 4g Internet
  • £30 a month on EE with 2 year contract but still have a year to go.

HTC M8, Unlimited calls and texts with 5GB 4G Internetz.

$160 a month is insane, Mages. For comparison, insurance is around £5 a month here (I don't have it though) and I've been offered a second SIM from EE that uses my calls/texts/data for £5 per month.
  • I'm with sprint and on a family plan. They suck.

Here in two months I'll be moving to t-mobile (I work for them) so it will be a lot better. Without my discounts unlimited everything is $80 a month for one line.
  • iPhone 5and iPhone 5s, Verizon. unlimited talk text. 8gb 4g LTE data shared.

after insurance and taxes $176 :O
  • Nexus 5

Unlimited calls min and internet
    100min international

11 EUR
  • Wow looks like everyeheres just as expensive
  • yeah, reason i pretty much keep myself away from as many "maintenance costs" as possible...
  • I have several actually

pre paid
    Belgium - provider: Mobile vikings
    if you recharge with 15 euros
    60min per day to same provider
    1000 text to other providers
    1000 text to same provider
    2GB of data per month
    calling to another provider is 0.20/min

i also have a pre paid UK provider (giffgaff)
    which was AMAZING @ £12 for unlimited data (in reality 3.2GB/day @ ±6MB/s in off peaks)
    but just for this i was looking into it again for when i go back to the UK, but apparantly it has gone to shit like crazy as 70% of the customers complain about shitty beyond shitty speeds
  • edited May 2015
    $90 For nexus 5, LTE, unlimited coast-to-coast calling, SMS/MMS. 3GB data.

In Canada, we get raped hard. You can pay half that for the same plan on a shit provider. I get service everywhere, only a couple tomes without luck.
  • edited May 2015
    My wife and I get 2gb of data each, unlimited texting and calling on Verizon with galaxy s5's for $110 USD a month ($55 each)
  • edited May 2015
    $119 iPhone 6+ - T-Mobil - unlimited talk, text, Web.

Boom
  • $119 iPhone 6+ - T-Mobil - unlimited talk, text, Web.

Boom
    is it really unlimited or do they throttle it down after 3 or 5 gigs?
  • edited May 2015
    Lol, i saw news about this unlimited thing, let me search for it (edit: too lazy, wont actually search)
    Some guy had unlimited plan and got a letter from the provider because of too much usase
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Verizon

1400 mins, unlimited text, unlimited data (grandfathered)

$320 bottom line for 4 phones
  • nexus 5

20$ before tax just shy of 25 after. unlimited text, many minutes for weekday and unlimited night and weekend.

data is 50mb per 5$ or something outrageous like this.
  • nexus prime
    3.4$ 2300 min, 3000 sms, 1 gb of data
  • Canada is just expensive. I need US phone career, and get better deal.

Current plan is about $50 a month, unlimited text and call. Data is limited.
  • Unlimited talk and text, 3gb data, and a tablet. $85 (USD). HTC One m9.

Come Nov I'll be adding my gf onto my plan and bumping it to 10gb shared. Should only be like $100 unless they change the plans a bunch in the meantime. Discount through my job helps a lot.
  • $119 iPhone 6+ - T-Mobil - unlimited talk, text, Web.

Boom
    It's really unlimited. The plan is only $80 a month but I imagine he's paying for the 6+ as well.
  • edited May 2015
    $119 iPhone 6+ - T-Mobil - unlimited talk, text, Web.

Boom
    I'm unlimited, no throttled down either :). Si, I'm paying for the 6+ as well
  • I got a FIDO for samsung s6. The phone alone cost me $450.
  • I'm with sprint and on a family plan. They suck.

Here in two months I'll be moving to t-mobile (I work for them) so it will be a lot better. Without my discounts unlimited everything is $80 a month for one line.
    Lol, I work for Sprint. Sup bro?

Iphone 6 plus, free.