Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it wrong to pick up girls online?

edited May 2015 in General
So like we were having this debate about flirting with girls on SNS and how we chat with girls online rather than face to face. In my country blind dates are the norm when finding a girlfriend. Usually a friend introduces someone they know and you get their phone number before you meet them. And like you flirt via chat msgs and online before meeting them face to face.

Whats the western perspective and other countries views on it?

Comments

• So like we were having this debate about flirting with girls on SNS and how we chat with girls online rather than face to face. In my country blind dates are the norm when finding a girlfriend. Usually a friend introduces someone they know and you get their phone number before you meet them. And like you flirt via chat msgs and online before meeting them face to face.

Whats the western perspective and other countries views on it?
    western perspective = 18+ all the rest doesn't matter :p
  • edited May 2015
    You go to a bar, drink a little, notice that girl is interested in you, both drink together.

Then you wake up without a couple organs, your balls in your mouth and your penis dipped inside a cup of wine
  • oooh Winus Weenus I think that drinks called
  • Tinder
  • i wonder if the prejudice over the idea that who seeks online dating does so because they cant do it "out in the jungle" is worldwide...
  • No it is not wrong, online dating websites would be out of business if it was.
  • I've met like half of the meaningful relationships I've had online (one on sk, actually). Getting to know someone before judging them based on looks is helpful to me.
  • You should ask Chris Hansen he's the authority on pickin up girls online :)
  • Met gf at gym

She hot as fuck

helps with my gains

gonna marry
  • Only a complete sicko would try to hook up at a gym. You are there to be in shape, not hit on some sticky as girl who thinks you smell like ballsack
  • She hit on me bro chill
  • edited May 2015
    Met bro at gym

He hot as fuck

helps with my gains

gonna marry
    ftfy
  • Haha, I like this guy. Tell me more about her.
  • edited May 2015
    Haha, I like this guy. Tell me more about her.
    This is a 100% true story. I started dating one of my friends sisters (he was displeased), was asking this 10/10 girl in the gym for advice on how to lock it down, then she falls in love because I'm secretly a decent person.

Drop friends sister after flaky, turns out 10/10 gym girl is my perfect girl, the end
  • sounds awesome broseph
  • i'm not sure if that is even a question.

today, people go on dating sites, facebook and all that.

For the people that you meet in person, sometimes it work, sometimes it does not.

I guess you have to meet in person to start something like a relationship. But getting to know someone online - isn't that the normal thing nowadays?

I'm 39, I have dated few in the past both I met online and in person.

There was a guy I meet online group in running club years ago. It was all good and ended good. And I think, I also dated someone from online gaming, we played Utopia together in year 2000, it started good, and ended well.

Further, I also dated someone I met in person at the library. It was all good and ended good.

My short answer is: Yes, you can be friends from online and start a relationship that way.

Online or not, any relationship can start and end, or it can last a lifetime. It really depends on what you BOTH like your relationship to be: let it be friendship or marry and have children in the future. Our world is more connected than you think.

So, good luck!~Ashy

• edited May 2015
    i met my gf on Craigslist..she loves me and says she will FOREVER!!!!!!! Her eyes get real big and wide when she says this to me...
  • i met my gf on Craigslist..she loves me and says she will FOREVER!!!!!!! Her eyes get real big and wide when she says this to me...
    Once upon a time, I ordered one on Ebay. Good thing they have a great return policy.
  • Catfish
  • in darker moments I considered getting one of the mail order brides, cuz I hate americans
  • Whats catfish?
  • tv show about online dating
  • edited May 2015
    Whats catfish?
    "A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances."

Usually fat, ugly or old people trying to jump too far up the points barrier.
  • Manti Te'o
  • Whats catfish?
    "A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances."

Or people who are gay and trick Mages/Cory into texting them dick pics
  • Whats catfish?

Or people who are gay and trick Mages/Cory into texting them dick pics
    I saw an episode on TV where a catfish was a married woman, artist.

The she pretend to be a young woman, and beautiful, she copied the ladies facebook pictures and her website photos as well. I think she is an entrepreneur. (correct me if you saw this episode).

The poor guy believes her, and fall in love with the beautiful young woman. I think he was anxious to meet her, and find ways to meet her.

I think the pretending ended.... he found out that she ---- was a married artist. The woman she pretended to be (stole her pictures and sent to the guy) was a beautiful woman, who is also married.

He got closure - he found out who the catfish is (the one who tells lies and pretend) and also, he met the real woman (owner of the pictures) and her husband.

So true...lies and lies can happen.

But in my case, the guys I meet online (in the past) were really cool ones, honest souls, onine gamers, mostly down to earth, respectable and shy.

If I had meet them in person; in shopping malls, library or bar, there is no chance that they will ever approach me. Being online give them the confidence to be able to say hello and get to know me. It does help them build that comfort level.

However, I disagree to sending intimate pictures because you will never know where it will end. And it can hurt badly on both sides.
  • in darker moments I considered getting one of the mail order brides, cuz I hate americans
    Careful, the return policies is not there, and you have to give financial support that woman for at least 10 years, even you separated since she landed in your country.

Note: *10 years applies to sponsored spouse in canada. may differ in other countries.