Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mysti Strategies

edited April 2015 in Game Talk
In my many years/rounds of playing SK I don't think I've ever played Mysti. So basically I'm wondering what the general strategies are? Here is what I know now:

Early round: All tanks and hit only inactives and easy land. Mysticides are optional only if you find a really good target. Use this period to acquire as much land as possible and get research done.

Mid round: Transition your military to LDs, Goons, and Tank. You still want a sizable force of tanks for Mysticides as they will now be your key way of keeping other in check and staying at the top. Research should be done.

Late round: Pray you were boss in the first two periods and that all the dominating late game PTs are dead or at your mercy.

Other: I've seen lots of players sport fighters on mysti over the years. The only reason I can understand sporting fighters over goons is for rax space or low pop.

I purposely omitted probes from the equation since they can be used on any PT with any capacity. What are your guys takes?

Comments

• Tyrsis wants to know a strat for his multis!
    Shhhh. It's for me... All of me.
    Shhhh. It's for me... All of me.
    I see, all of them you's
  • 1. Play low pop lts/troopers
    2.become land fat
    3. Get steam rolled by dws
    4. War over it and get ktd.

See you next round!
  • Baffles me how players have been around so long ask for strategies, there is literally only one worthwhile strategy and it doesn't matter much on the PT.
  • High offense turtle crusher?
  • High probes right at start, turtle until u get to a stage u can crush the top players, proceed to wreck face.
  • Baffles me how players have been around so long ask for strategies, there is literally only one worthwhile strategy and it doesn't matter much on the PT.
    Yeah I know it. I'd still like some PT specific advice if there is any.
  • I don't know why I came here looking for constructive advice lol.

I should know better.
  • I would give you some except I suck and have never played it. <3
  • hey you guys :) Ty how have you been? you around this round?

lynog you punk how have you been
  • edited April 2015
    Round 69 Mysti Strategy (Can also be applied to any PT this round):

Step 1: Delete your kingdom.
    Step 2: Refer to Step 1.
  • Mysti used to be great, literally all the top players used it. Junk now tho
  • I thought mysti played more like vi. High probes. All tanks until you get tfs. I remember my first real round s1 Persona dominated the round with mysti. It was awesome to watch.
  • The correlation of mysti being good is directly related to how many tick hits and max robs u get and using that money to get shit loads of tanks until you get tfs and lds. Then u start mysticing top 2 through 10 until u get kted.

This actually applies to any other pt but mysti can maximize the potential if there are enough multis i mean inacs. If there arent enough multis terra is way better.
  • So two of you say all tanks until TFs. So basically ditch the goons idea?
  • If u get a humongous lead and ur #1u could get goons and start smacking ppl but i wouldnt advise it unless u want more offense during war but even then i d just send moretanks and mysticide than make goons. I dont think u can get 5hr return times anymore...
  • If u get a humongous lead and ur #1u could get goons and start smacking ppl but i wouldnt advise it unless u want more offense during war but even then i d just send moretanks and mysticide than make goons. I dont think u can get 5hr return times anymore...
    Got ya. That's all I really needed to know.

Thanks.
  • Getting your return times down as quickly as possible is the key. You must balance tanks and Sci production. Once you get LDs/Goons researched then you raze TCS and make res. Max LDS while keeping get just enough troopers/goons for inactives. Throw in 500 tanks once a day or so. When red alert pops up... max your goons as quickly as possible as these will be your key to surviving a KT. After war you got goons to hit with and TFS should be about done. During next War be too active and get KT'd.

That's as far as I've ever gotten.
  • I thought mysti played more like vi. High probes. All tanks until you get tfs. I remember my first real round s1 Persona dominated the round with mysti. It was awesome to watch.
    Persono has never dominated any round, stop telling lies.
    the only kd that should build goons is DW ty, maybe a high pop Terra, other than that, anything more than a few hundred to hit newbies is a waste, rush LDs and probe armor, then hit inacs as often as possible till you get tfs, have a nice balance of tfs/tanks/lds and if you pull far enough ahead start crushing skulls.
  • edited April 2015
    I often won't do anything but tanks with expectation of being a kt...not as efficent for sure but i loathe unsupported TFs
    the only kd that should build goons is DW ty, maybe a high pop Terra, other than that, anything more than a few hundred to hit newbies is a waste, rush LDs and probe armor, then hit inacs as often as possible till you get tfs, have a nice balance of tfs/tanks/lds and if you pull far enough ahead start crushing skulls.
  • Rule #1... you must tell me b4 u mysticide and be courteous enough to make sure I have wls.

Rule #2... refer to rule #1

• Persono has never dominated any round, stop telling lies.
    This was before your balls dropped. r24, I think.

• Persono has never dominated any round, stop telling lies.
    I loled, good show ole chump!
  • more lies. persona h

Persono has never dominated any round, stop telling lies.
    like I said. persona has never dominated anything, he's better than you but he's still chump change.

• He's better than you.
    True.
    So two of you say all tanks until TFs. So basically ditch the goons idea?
    get dragoons if you KNOW you will be KT in the near future. Then go all out offense and take advantage of low return times to keep making solid grabs and refilling land.

If you get 100k dragoons by 10k land, you're gold.