Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anti Turtle: Who Defines it, and What Qualifies as AT?

Comments

• edited November 2014
    EXMAMPLE OF SUICIDE FARMING :

November 4, 13:05:14 Our kingdom HTS OG (1:11) bravely defended against Jokowi (1:6) and lost 241 planets.

November 4, 13:05:37 Our brave kingdom Go Blue (1:19) attacked Jokowi (1:6) and failed.
    November 4, 13:05:48 Our brave kingdom Go Blue (1:19) attacked Jokowi (1:6) and conquered 202 planets.
    November 4, 13:05:52 Our brave kingdom Go Blue (1:19) attacked Jokowi (1:6) and conquered 172 planets.
    November 4, 13:05:57 Our brave kingdom Go Blue (1:19) attacked Jokowi (1:6) and conquered 148 planets.

Jokowi (1:6)

Mission: Success
    (November 4, 13:27:52)
    Action: Spy on Military
    Losses: We lost a total of 1 probes in this mission.
    Report: The probes have come back with a report that is 100% accurate:

Home Leader War Leader #1 War Leader #2 War Leader #3 War Leader #4
    Status AVAILABLE (0) UNAVAILABLE (18) UNAVAILABLE (12) UNAVAILABLE (6) AVAILABLE (0)
    Soldiers 0 75 75 75 0
    Troopers 0 0 0 0 0
    Dragoons 0 2,425 2,425 2,426 0
    Laser Troopers 0 0 0 0 0
    Tanks 0 1,641 1,641

by your definition, suicide = free land
    by my definition that is a farmjob.

Go Blue (1:19)
    Last Login:

IPvSK2: 860-BC-C8-3A - November 4, 13:28:34

User has logged in using:

IPvSK2: 957-2B-1C-FA
    IPvSK2: 858-FE-A2-F5
    IPvSK2: 971-4E-7F-EE
    IPvSK2: 926-B7-F4-BD
    IPvSK2: 914-AC-00-C3

Jokowi (1:6)
    Last Login:

IPvSK2: 870-01-77-00 - November 4, 12:24:45

User has logged in using:

IPvSK2: 742-77-93-83
    IPvSK2: 504-7C-EB-39
    IPvSK2: 865-C0-22-09
    IPvSK2: 824-25-26-2E
    IPvSK2: 889-16-EA-B6

No matching ips. suicide = free land?
    no this is a farm job. and needs to be kt'd. simple.
    My take on this, you can disagree:

He will get killed over suicider = FREE land.

As to farm job, it is NOT proven.
    If you look at the chat above, he accuse HTS OG 1:11 as farmer. He has no proof either.

SK can be a game of luck, and if you happen to be there when someone suicided, it is eat all you can. There is no rationale why limit the hits. If anyone suicide on me, I'd whack him back with all my WLs. Anyone around can be a part of the fest = eat all you can. I

As to multi-farming, I don't think the rules have change. It is always investigated, and once proven, the farmer and his farms - BOTH alliances informed, and both alliances KT the said player. I recall you kill the farmer first, and let his farms be free land.

As per SK rules, letting you know friend know that you suicided is considered account sharing, and it is punishable.

Suiciding is not allowed if anyone of your contacts is going to take the land from you. This is now defined as account sharing (Letting a contact know you suicided). Any account involved in the illegal suicide will be disabled without warning.

Thank you Walls for posting that. That is a clear example and people can refer to it in the future in terms of:

a. You have listed the accused farmer,
    b. the other kingdoms involve,
    c. chat text, and IP addresses.

other ALs can also post their take on it, and see where the consensus is!

• AT is frerland/KT in anyone's book. Because they ain't hit yet doesn't mean they won't. So u clear them out asap
    There's plenty of AT's in LJ/BC.. You're saying we're free to KT them?
  • i only got 5 minutes, i own all the multis in sk. There I said it.
  • i only got 5 minutes, i own all the multis in sk. There I said it.
  • edited November 2014
    Someone is on power trip and editing my question post on AT?
    Really?

~The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty ~
  • AH Ash so the truth finally comes out? You were running all the multis? Thats kinda fuked up with all the anti multi talk.
  • What is THIS?? This is not funmy Lady A, are you telling the truth??
  • edited February 2015
    :)
  • edited February 2015
    :)
  • edited November 2014
    AT is a new term for me, and so as other 40 people that I invited back into playing this round.
    Is defense a new term for you guys? You're asking the uni to overlook someone not building an appropriate defense. It doesn't matter what era of SK you play in, someone sitting on 75% offense is gonna get demolished as soon as they are found out. AT is just a word to describe permanently suicided, and every alliance ever to play SK knows a suicider is free land. Remind your guys that safe defense is a thing, and they should probably look into it.
    Anti-turtling was a term back in the day, but as a valid strategy. Threads Of Fate used to do it all the time. So did a few other top players.

Defense Per Acre makes far more sense as a measure of being appropriately defended. In no way does it make sense that someone's offense is what determines whether someone is suicided or not.
    Are AT's annoying? yes. However, it's a valid strategy, and was so for a long time, until I guess all the big players left the game leaving no one but the wimps and multis.

The ALs a few games ago apparently said: "Whaaaaaaa I don't like your strategy because you can break me!!! I'm going to redefine anti-turtling as suiciding so I can justify my friends gangbanging you into submission!"
  • AT is a new term for me, and so as other 40 people that I invited back into playing this round.
    Is defense a new term for you guys? You're asking the uni to overlook someone not building an appropriate defense. It doesn't matter what era of SK you play in, someone sitting on 75% offense is gonna get demolished as soon as they are found out. AT is just a word to describe permanently suicided, and every alliance ever to play SK knows a suicider is free land. Remind your guys that safe defense is a thing, and they should probably look into it.
    Anti-turtling was a term back in the day, but as a valid strategy. Threads Of Fate used to do it all the time. So did a few other top players.

Defense Per Acre makes far more sense as a measure of being appropriately defended. In no way does it make sense that someone's offense is what determines whether someone is suicided or not.
    Are AT's annoying? yes. However, it's a valid strategy, and was so for a long time, until I guess all the big players left the game leaving no one but the wimps and multis.

The ALs a few games ago apparently said: "Whaaaaaaa I don't like your strategy because you can break me!!! I'm going to redefine anti-turtling as suiciding so I can justify my friends gangbanging you into submission!"
  • In addition to the above bullshit, it also seems the rules regarding bashing no longer apply, as I've seen top KDs doing it all round.
  • post news instead of complain sowe can see it
  • Threads full of Lols.
  • edited November 2014
    post news instead of complain sowe can see it
    Here's a few that happen to be in our alliance chat right now.

November 7, 10:18:23 Our kingdom Ayatolla (1:1) bravely defended against CyraX (1:10) and lost 37 planets.
    November 7, 10:20:16 Our kingdom Bang (1:7) bravely defended against CyraX (1:10) and lost 33 planets.

Edit: Found another: November 7, 10:13:54 Our kingdom SK BOSS (1:18) bravely defended against CyraX (1:10) and lost 37 planets.
  • edited November 2014
    Bang
    IPvSK2: 810-03-E2-0F - November 7, 11:24:32

Ayatolla
    IPvSK2: 915-67-0B-D6 - November 7, 11:17:22

SK BOSS
    IPvSK2: 810-03-E2-0F - November 7, 11:24:32

considering 2 of your so called "bashed" kds are matching ips, and the third logged in minutes of the other two, and all are near identical NW/Land i would say you have a better argument calling the "basher" (in these 4 instances) a farmer perhaps. considering he found them all randomly?

also just found this one too..

Ayan 1:13
    IPvSK2: 918-8E-80-40 - November 7, 11:13:46

same group of size and log in times

• Sorry, sounds to me like cyrax is trying too hard
  • Hmmm CyraX same group as Sektor aka Barricade?

I will repeat.. multi owner is in 1:10. Barricade is or knows the owner.
  • AT is a new term for me, and so as other 40 people that I invited back into playing this round.

• For those who use AT earlier, here is what we have discuss before.

MORE OFFENSE, than Defense...that's the definition.
  • gold star for ladyashnod!!!
  • For those who use AT earlier, here is what we have discuss before.

MORE OFFENSE, than Defense...that's the definition.
    no its not.
  • gold star for ladyashnod!!!
    I love you too Vulpes. More cookies??
  • yeah okay :p
  • I'm just gonna say this. AT is a gamble. Frankly, ALL of SK is a gamble. It was probably tons easier to hide out when the game had thousands of players, go high probes, make borderline hits, then rely on your probe defense to make sure that nobody could take your SoM and retal. These days, the odds are entirely stacked against anyone attemping AT or pseudo AT builds, because the playerbase is so tiny, that you will get caught out and people WILL find you.

The only real advantage an AT has ever really had is imminent threat. Is your offense so high that anyone that fucks with you is going to get it worse? Then you're an AT, and you're gonna get owned by raw numbers. Sure, in a situation were a safe kingdom tags an AT, the AT could grab back, no problem, but once that AT gets posted up, it's over. It may not BE a kill target, but once that info gets passed around, that AT is dead.

So at that point, anyone willfully going AT is accepting that they're playing the game to fuck with people on purpose, and should be regarded as such. We used to call those donkey builds. Something you did in a round where you didn't intend on participating fully, and wanted to axe some competition early for a buddy. I know, I've done this before, on both servers. If I didn't have time for a round, I'd sign up as DW, mass goons, then immediately trash whoever I was asked to, before bowing out.

I highly doubt anyone could argue that it's a legit strat anymore.
  • you are right loxie, but now, whenever someone got hit, it was because of an AT... i've seen people called an AT despite not even being to break themselves once
  • you are right loxie, but now, whenever someone got hit, it was because of an AT... i've seen people called an AT despite not even being to break themselves once
    It's just an excuse. A lot of officers with old bad habits still operate by outdated regulations that Fenris came up with, like the 3 hits per open kingdom, grab backs, x amount PA retals for infractions, yada yada yada. There IS a difference between high offense and straight AT, even though the distinction is sometimes very fine. Look at someone like Guardia or Rabby. They'd always be rolling kingdoms early, then once war hit, they'd always get targeted first, because that playstyle isn't always hyper sustainable.
    Game's changed a lot now, though, thanks to all the PT meddling by BCart, so even more fuckery is possible.
  • Yeah sometimes the justifications people give for making hits are complete BS.
    It's just an excuse. A lot of officers with old bad habits still operate by outdated regulations that Fenris came up with, like the 3 hits per open kingdom, grab backs, x amount PA retals for infractions, yada yada yada. There IS a difference between high offense and straight AT, even though the distinction is sometimes very fine. Look at someone like Guardia or Rabby. They'd always be rolling kingdoms early, then once war hit, they'd always get targeted first, because that playstyle isn't always hyper sustainable.
    Game's changed a lot now, though, thanks to all the PT meddling by BCart, so even more fuckery is possible.
    No. Fenris never have 3 hits per open kingdom. Free land is free land (suicider usually), so send all your 4 Wls, take as much as you can..

For Retal policy, it was abolished by Fenris in Game 11( April 2002) [1] in favor of Fair hits. No Retals ALLOWED/sanctioned, with some exceptions.

Reference:
    [1] Game 11 (by Tango)

Game 11 started accepting signups, after a long wait, at about 1430 hours SK Time on 9th April 2002. The game then started at midnight on 12th April 2002.

Fenris is continuing to exist this game, but in a slightly modified form. Rather than multiple sister alliances of 35 sectors each, there will be one alliance with a small number of sectors.
    This will allow the new AL (Elegy), VAL and the War Chiefs to keep control of the alliance and keep the forums tidy and well organised.

Fenris aim remains to alter the attitude of Starkingdoms to retals. We will be continuing to enforce the Fair Hits rule this game, which states that no hits on kingdoms with 2/3 the land of the attacker will be retaled, and no such retals will be tolerated on Fenris kingdoms.

Hopefully this game will be as fun as last game. Good luck to everyone and let the wolf HOWL!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~