Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Place to Live?

edited October 2014 in General
If one could move any where... just pack up and move and start all over, new state, new job, new friends, (new running shoes)
Where would YOU go?

Comments

• That is granting money is not a problem and you get a job.
    My top 3.

1. Hawaii. Underwater volcanoes. Kona. Pearl Harbour

2. California. Yosemite, El Capitan, Death Valley.

3. North Vancouver. Squamish. The ocean. Mild Weather.
  • New Orleans, Louisiana. The weather, The Food. I'd run the best ghost tours in town.
    And a + + , all the blackies are in houston. Its paradise
  • Between oregon and washington. lol
  • In the current state of the world without having a billion $? Yeah, I'd stay in Edmonton ;)

But if I find a way to make legit money away from here, I'd probably head west to Squamish area. Such a beautiful place, has my favourite sports and weather and just all around fucking excellent.
  • where is kobani?
  • isnt hawaii and ocean the same place?
  • i would go to japan if i knew any of the dialects...
  • North van really? have you been here? If youre coming only be here for the summer the rest sucks deep fried donkey dick
  • Does it have to be a real place? If not Headmasters quarters at Hogwarts, Atlantis, or a Dragon's Keep but I can control the dragon via telepathy.
  • but all those places are in usa :(

europe is better place!
  • I have come to realise that I wouldn't mind the peace and quiet that living in the country has to offer. Think small country town with acreage houses and a bar, shops, restaurants. A great view would be ideal as well. Something for me to look out the window to and be amazed every day.

A major city around an hour or two away would be ideal though so you can go to big events when they come up.

Unfortunately such places are hard to come by when my type of work usually takes place in a CBD.

I could name somewhere in Australia but I have an attraction to be somewhere different.

I wouldn't mind being the odd Aussie living in an American/British town that fits my criteria. Looking at the house prices in America makes me wonder if it's in my best interest to make the move ;)
  • I have come to realise that I wouldn't mind the peace and quiet that living in the country has to offer. Think small country town with acreage houses and a bar, shops, restaurants. A great view would be ideal as well. Something for me to look out the window to and be amazed every day.

A major city around an hour or two away would be ideal though so you can go to big events when they come up.

Unfortunately such places are hard to come by when my type of work usually takes place in a CBD.

I could name somewhere in Australia but I have an attraction to be somewhere different.

I wouldn't mind being the odd Aussie living in an American/British town that fits my criteria. Looking at the house prices in America makes me wonder if it's in my best interest to make the move ;)
    There's a small town called Detroit that you would love neg. Housing is pretty dang cheap there too...
  • I was thinking Utah. The people are very religious but is that really a bad thing when you want peace and quiet?
  • Detroit's not bad! Stay away from Chicago tho
  • isnt hawaii and ocean the same place?
    That's exactly the point. Living in the ocean.
  • edited October 2014
    North van really? have you been here? If youre coming only be here for the summer the rest sucks deep fried donkey dick
    I have live in North Vancouver for one year. I live on 3rd street overlooking Lonsdale Quay. I live accross the community center, which I have a small garden plot too.

I love the Park and Tillford with its beautiful Rose Garden. I saw Jennifer Garnier there, and she looks ordinary and its pretty cool. No hollywood hoopla.

Who does not love Grouse Grind? I did it so many times, and time myself back and forth and end up riding the Gondola down, just because I forgot my water bottle.

Many places to hike and elevation is varied, Cypress Hill is nice, Capilano Suspension bridge was crowded, but areas around it was fine.

West Vancouver is elite and clean, I won't go to Hastings in broad daylight.

Granting money is not an issue, I like it there. I have nice run from Lonsdale Quay area in North Van crossing Lionsgate Bridge to Stanley Park and back.
    Deep Cove is nice too.
    I am a rock climber. Who does not worship Squamish? And it is just there, just there calling for you.

• I'd want to live some place awful so i can better appreciate where i live (vancouver)
  • edited October 2014
    I'd want to live some place awful so i can better appreciate where i live (vancouver)
    Come to Ottawa. They won't hire you unless your BBB/BBB French.
    I would love to come back to North Vancouver.

or visit Hawaii, where everything is stupidly expensive.
  • I have always thought Maggie Valley, North Carolina was beautiful.
  • edited October 2014
    Describe Tmonsta, what's there? A water slide? we never been there.
  • It's the area where they shot the Last of the Mohicans if you have seen that movie.
  • lower mainland, west side vancouver!!

I never appreciated it vancouver now that I've compared it with a few other places in the world it really is wonderful. Even the rain. I even love the fucking rain. the cherry blossoms on the streets. Nostalgia. Im gonna cry.
  • Not freaking Dallas, lol

I never appreciated it vancouver now that I've compared it with a few other places in the world it really is wonderful. Even the rain. I even love the fucking rain. the cherry blossoms on the streets. Nostalgia. Im gonna cry.
    fuck you and the fucking rain, I work in vancouver and the rain fucking can suck my dick
  • oh shush! my flowers love rain.

bring an umbrella.

It is raining here in Ottawa, @17C.
    I'm rather be running Londsdale Quay up to the hills of 13th Street.

And it's raining in Hawaii too. So, duh...anywhere there is rain in this season, unless you want to move with the penguins up North.
  • Not freaking Dallas, lol
    What is in Dallas Merle?

fuck you and the fucking rain, I work in vancouver and the rain fucking can suck my dick
    you should consider yourself lucky it gets cold as fuck in ontario
  • yup. amen to that.
  • You live in Kingston you have my favourite bar ever there, I still miss raxx :( have you gone yet fauss?