Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community Blog

edited September 2011 in General
Like a damn phoenix

Comments

• Like a G6, like a, like a, G6.
  • Nice Mega Mindy avvie, sinister.
  • nobody messes with Mega Mindy
  • Het is tijd voor Mega Mindy ^_^

• can't embed that one :(

also i love being able to embed videos
  • yeah it's nice
  • Very nice, very very nice.
  • not enough verys
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah, I agree but I didn't want to overstate it by putting in too many.
  • I don't think we're going to get much of a phoenix resurrection here. :(

Dead dead
  • blag post:
    today some azn dude sitting in front of me in class turned around in the middle of the lecture randomly and asked me if i had chopsticks :(
  • never try to integrate functions with respect to time when its meant for position, leads to messy affairs
  • I said yes to working late today, also stupid. :(
  • awww yeah it's weekend!
  • wth is this shit
  • blag post:
    today some azn dude sitting in front of me in class turned around in the middle of the lecture randomly and asked me if i had chopsticks :(
    did you have any?
    no

also this random guy drove down a driveway in front of us at like 2-3 AM (there were like 3-4 other people in the car), rolled down his window and asked "do i look like i got this?" and my friend was like "if you have to ask..." then he swore at us, made an ugly turn, and proceeded to speed down the wrong side of the street
    say no to drunk driving kids :(
  • Saw The Help tonight, quite good.
  • my headphone amp finally came and OMFG: Ultrasone Pro900 + Fiio E7 = audio ecstasy!

the bass reproduction is thundering!
    Cant beat my Sennheiser HD25 :)
  • my headphone amp finally came and OMFG: Ultrasone Pro900 + Fiio E7 = audio ecstasy!

the bass reproduction is thundering!
    Cant beat my Sennheiser HD25 :)
    The old school ones with adidas on the side?
  • Lol i dont use it for music...just for my rode mics and h4n recorder.
  • i like how my co workers are getting all excited about using wiki's. surprising what a little experimentation can accomplish.
  • What do you call a gang rape?

A surprise party!
  • didn't do so well with my first two interviews this term over the past few weeks, but got at least one job offer out of the four companies i interviewed with yesterday, maybe another one on the way idk. interviewed with a semi-well-known company today and I didn't really like the coding question, i sort of attempted to do it in python but there's no way it was the best solution and i'm pretty sure i just made methods up (plus it was on a macbook and i switched desktops or something when i tried to backspace lewl). buttttttttttt the guy emailed me a salary number and hinted that he might be making me an offer too.

though i'm interviewing w/ two much much more awesome companies tomorrow, one of them drove us out to their office last week and showed us around and a demo of their stuff, which is just fcking gorgeous software (they do their own hardware too but i don't know much about hardware), high-end, they pay great, and have a great office (lots of free food/beverages, a nice theatre in the middle of the office, and a random tent in the office lol). i haven't looked too much into the other company but they do robot stuff, so, enough said.

interviewing for a dev job with a big bank on thurs, probs not qualified for that and will get destroyed by technical questions. also, vague moral objections, i guess.

anyway it's cool because i know i'll have a job next term no matter what, it's just a matter of what level of awesome it'll be <3
  • I got all the way to the last stage of the Border Patrol application process a few months back, which was the oral board. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I was disqualified after missing two out of the three scenario questions. Apparently, in the scenarios given to me, I would have been killed in one, I failed to do my duty in another, and only did ok in the last. From that experience, I learned that I'm just not suited to law enforcement. There's too much responsibility, and people can die with the smallest mistakes.

I'm going back to construction, where things are nice and simple. No dealing with customers, no corporate bull, and no paperwork. Perfect environment for people like me. Problem is the availability of work is so low in the construction area right now, I'm forced to go back to a temp-to-hire agency. Not a big deal though. Last time I went through this process, I ended up being hired on as a foreman for a landscaping company.
  • Working for a landscaping company doing winter prunings, spraying pesticide/herbicide, etc. The job is fun and I'm learning a lot about horticulture. Life is pretty decent.
  • People seem to like the Irish accent here in the US - One particular lady said she loved my accent and would I continue to talk to her -She then told me that I was a lovely leprechann and asked me was I really an Irishman.To which I replied yes --All Irishmen carry around a crock of Gold and eat Frosties lucky charms .I asked her if she wanted to see my crock and that iIts very valuable and only people who believe can see the gold .

I think I might have slightly offended her .. what is it with the Irish accent :)
  • I'm not sure how many Irishmen I've heard say the word "crock", but is the r in that word pronounced properly in your accent? If not, that's probably where you went wrong.
  • Dear Diary: I am graduating law school in may and I don't have a job. This sucks because I'm going to be over $100,000 in debt from this lovely bit of hell I've suffered the past few years.

Did I do it right?
  • More crying and saying boys suck, I believe. amirite cheli?
  • edited October 2011
    Leigh in the blogosphere. weird.
    Dear Diary: I am graduating law school in may and I don't have a job. This sucks because I'm going to be over $100,000 in debt from this lovely bit of hell I've suffered the past few years.
    you are the 99%, etc.
    More crying and saying boys suck, I believe. amirite cheli?
    meh, I'm over it. I sorta hooked up w/ a guy who owns a landscaping business actually a while back (reminded of it since you guys mentioned landscaping) but yeah he was a jerkface

PS got an offer from the awesomeness place. they loved me because I'm adorable and awesome. pretty stoked. I get to make really awesome media stuff for really rich people. there are people who have these systems on their yachts, plus hollywood directors and princes in dubai who hire people to go out and buy discs and load them into the system lol.

too bad i still have to go to my other 5 scheduled interviews.. oh well, practice doesn't hurt, I guess.