Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-::Premier league football talk::-

edited August 2014 in General
1- Chelsea
2- man city
3- Liverpool
4- Man united
5-spurs
6-Everton

17- palace
18th- Newcastle
19th- Burnley
20th- Qpr

Top goal scorer - Sanchez
Best young player- Connor whickham

Best game of the season

Sunderland 3-Newcastle -0
( pardew dies of a hert attack and Steven Taylor gets Raped)

Biggest win of the season will go to Liverpool 6- Arsenal -1

Shittest new player of the season

1-Costa
2- Llana
3- de Jong ( Newcastle)

Most Red cards- Stoke

Most sent off player - Lee cattermole

Best keeper

1) mignolet
2) pantilimon
3) the new Columbia dude

Shittest keeper

Joe hart

Comments

• And still I won't care

:D
  • can a mod please sticky this and do some moderation

im sick of seeing yanks spoil any chance at conversation about the best sport in the world
  • Man, it must suck to be such a bitter piece of shit.
  • When's season start? Also ill moderate thread closer for you guys just smack talk is ok
  • The 16th, two weeks from today

#thehypeisreal
  • Oh... damn. This is a Soccer Thread :-q carry on...
  • 1. Chelsea
    2. Man City
    3. Liverpool
    4. Arsenal
    5. Man Utd
    6. Everton
    7. Tottenham

18. Southampton
    19. Leicester
    20. Burnley

Top Goalscorer;

Sturridge
  • Pretty much what I'm thinking, except I'm obviously gonna Homer my team ahead of yours, and I have Southampton finishing last (do they even have a full team anymore after this transfer window?)
  • edited August 2014
    1. City
    2. Chelsea (but it really depends on how their forwards play, selling lukaku was a horrible move)
    3. Liverpool
    4. Arsenal
    5. Spurs
    6. United

18. Palace
    19. Burnley
    20. Leicester

Top scorer, Aguero or Costa.

edit: Southampton won't finish last, but i bet the last 5-6 places are fought over until the last day, and i wouldn't be surprised to see swansea and hull down there.
  • I dont think Palace will go down, comfortably mid table i think.
  • i look at the squad, and there's maybe two players that are premier league standard..... and one of them hasn't impressed at all since he came over here. i can see pulis getting more out of them as a team than most others could, but for me they're not strong enough to stay up.
  • 1. Chelsea
    2. Man City
    3. Liverpool
    4. Arsenal
    5. Man Utd
    6. Everton
    7. Tottenham

18. Southampton
    19. Leicester
    20. Burnley

Top Goalscorer;

Sturridge
    Mainly agree except I'd switch United with Arsenal. I'm a big fan of van Gaal - I like what he's done in the preseason games (not that it really means that much).
  • I have a fantasy epl page setup for sk, that can still be joined until the 16th. Somewhere in this mess.
  • edited August 2014
    I think it's a fair point.

Anyone heard of Jorge Mendes? Guy is an agent for lots of big players. I wonder if in the future we could see somebody making a super team by talking to the agent who in turn tells his players to change club.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323482504578225474079309426

Also

1. Arsenal
    2. Chelsea
    3. Man City
    4. Liverpool
    5. Everton
    6. Man Utd
    7. Tottenham

18. Stoke
    19. Crystal Palaca
    20. WBA
  • I agree with nimrod.

Free to play

fantasy.premierleague.com

102377-30751 (league code)
  • yes ill sign up when i make a team
  • WE WON ANOTHER TROPHY THING!

no but really, I had to google this one, I had no idea this game existed. I guess that's because we have not had reason to play in it for a very long time.

Also, inb4 the haters saying this game doesn't matter since we won.
  • suarez isnt int he league viva, but yeahill join it
  • How old are you? To not know of its existance. Everyone with an interest in the EPL knows this game exists before the new season. Champions of the league vs the FA. Cup winners.

Anyway decent performance with both teams missing players.
  • I did not start following the sport at all until 09

I have only ever watched arsenal, or more recently, fc dallas. Since it wasn't something arsenal played in, I had no idea that it was a thing. I'm trying really hard to learn more about the game, but I live in the US, and in a part of the country where the closest pro team is 4 hours away. You can ask TJ, I'm always asking dumb questions because it's simply not a thing where I live.
  • May I ask why you support Arsenal? I'm not from London myself, I followed my father.
  • When my battlebuddy got me into it, he tried to get me to be a man u fan like him. I felt like being contrary so I looked at the clubs that were in the epl at the time and arsenal felt like my local American football team (a historically good team that had fallen on a rough patch). Had I known at the time that I would actually start to fall in love with the apirt, and that this team would break my heart repeatedly, I may have picked a different club, but I'm not a fair weather fan, when I get behind a team I stay there (as evidenced by the fact that I'm still a cowboys fan).
  • If I follow a foreign sport, it's usually the team I see first that win haha. The difference is I tend to not give two fucks about the results compared to Arsenal. I drank a lot when Arsenal lost the 2006 CL final to Barca, so close.

Anyway I'm Steelers for NFL and Diamondbacks for BB. Anyone want to get me into ice hockey :p
  • that CL final could of gone either way
  • I think it was 15mins to go 1-0 up when that rain started. And then everything went wrong, not already counting we were down to 10 men for most of the game.
  • made a team and joined the SK league

102377-30751 for others interested
  • mods gotta sticky this

it starts this weekend
  • one more day or so beforw signups close.