Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-=2012 NBA Playoffs: Heat - Thunder Finals=-

edited June 2012 in General
Eastern Conference
(1) Chicago Bulls - 2
(8) Philadelphia 76ers - 4

(4) Boston Celtics - 4
(5) Atlanta Hawks - 2

(3) Indiana Pacers - 4
(6) Orlando Magic - 1

(2) Miami Heat - 4
(7) New York Knicks - 1

Second Round
(4) Boston Celtics - 4
(8) Philadelphia 76ers - 3

(2) Miami Heat - 4
(3) Indiana Pacers - 2

Conference Finals
(2) Miami Heat - 4
(4) Boston Celtics - 3

Western Conference
(1) San Antonio Spurs - 4
(8) Utah Jazz - 0

(4) Memphis Grizzlies - 3
(5) Los Angeles Clippers - 4

(3) Los Angeles Lakers - 4
(6) Denver Nuggets - 3

(2) Oklahoma City Thunder - 4
(7) Dallas Mavericks - 0

Second Round
(1) San Antonio Spurs - 4
(5) Los Angeles Clippers - 0

(3) Los Angeles Lakers - 1

Conference Finals
(1) San Antonio Spurs - 2

Comments

• edited April 2012
    My favorite first round match up is the Grizz vs the Clippers, I love the team playing style of the Grizz and the CP3/Griffin show should be entertaining. I like that last years Western Conference finalists are meeting in the first round. Eastern conferences first round match ups look like all chalk, maybe Atlanta has a chance, but I doubt it.

Derrick Rose getting hurt earlier today might make it too easy for the Heat to get to the Finals.

Edit: It's now reported that Rose is out for the entire playoffs, so I now think they will lose in the second round.
  • Shame Linsanity is over.....woulda liked to watch him play.
  • Would've given something on the Knicks to watch in the first round, as it was it's just how much will the Heat win by.
  • Bulls, Hawks, Pacers, Heat... Hawks, Heat... Heat
    Spurs, Grizzly, Nuggets, Thunder... Spurs, Thunder... Spurs

Spurs
  • edited May 2012
    Eastern Conference
    (1) Chicago Bulls - Even without Derrick Rose the 76ers just aren't good enough.
    (4) Boston Celtics - I like the Hawks but the second half of the season the Celtics have shown that they still have enough for one more run in the playoffs.

(3) Indiana Pacers - The Magic don't have Dwight Howard, which means they have a chance without that cancerous player but I still like the players on the Pacers more.
    (2) Miami Heat - Way too talented for the Knicks.

Eastern Conference Finals
    (2) Miami Heat - The Pacers are still missing a little to challenge for the title, Heat move on.
    (4) Boston Celtics - No Rose the Bulls fight but go down.

Western Conference
    (1) San Antonio Spurs - The Spurs will run, yes run, the Jazz out of the playoffs.
    (4) Memphis Grizzlies - The team mentality of the Grizzlies will scrap past the talented Clippers

(3) Los Angeles Lakers - Lakers don't need Ron Artest for the first round.
    (2) Oklahoma City Thunder - The Mavericks are a completely different team this year but they still have enough to make the series with the Thunder entertaining.

Western Conference Finals
    (2) Oklahoma City Thunder - The western conference has the better second round match ups, but the Thunder will get revenge for Artest's elbow by winning a good series.
    (4) Memphis Grizzlies - The Spurs are much improved from last years 1st round bow out but the Grizzlies are improved as well having Rudy Gay back, R. Gay is the difference.

NBA Finals
    (2) Miami Heat - The Heat move on past a very tough Celtics team.
    (2) Oklahoma City Thunder - Thunder out talent the tough Grizz.

NBA Champions
    Miami Heat - I pick them just to hear the qq'ing of LeBron haters nationwide.
  • Go SPURS Go!
  • I'm SO GLAD the Knicks played for that 7th seed. Idiots.
  • Would've given something on the Knicks to watch in the first round, as it was it's just how much will the Heat win by.
    Was Lin as good as people were talking about? Cos i dont get NBA streams here and if I can watch them, they are almost always night games which would add 5 hours to here...so not great timing.
  • Lin was good, tho once there was more film on him I do believe he would become above average. Clearly no Superstar, but a definate starter. Which would have made the bench that much better because then Bibby would only get Pine time.
  • Yeah, he wasn't great but a solid starter and the Heat would still have won, but it would have given us something to watch on the Knicks. How would Lin have handled the playoff pressure?
  • Solid, but not great.. 12 pts 7 assists couple boards, probably 5+ turnovers
  • Lin is injured right?
  • Yeah out for the season
  • And Caron Butler broke his left hand for the Clippers.
  • Great comeback win for Cliippers, down 25 in the forth.. Griz fell in love with the 3
  • Heard Lin will be back in 5-7 days if Knocks last that long...
  • edited May 2012
    I heard the fire extinguisher might press charges on breaking and entering, lol stupid Amare. Also, the stupidity of Rajon Rondo is astounding, making me feel bad about having the Celtics go so far in the playoffs. I still think they can pull out the series against the Hawks though.
  • Heard Lin will be back in 5-7 days if Knocks last that long...
    I read he went under operation for knee injury
  • Lin has already declared himself unavailable for games 2 and 3 but has voiced his eagerness to try and make a go of it for game 4. However, if the Knicks are down 3-0 going into game 4 it is unlikely the Knicks would allow Lin to play. Lin has complained about "soreness" in his knee and will be re-evaluated on Monday. Lin has been out since March 24th.

Taken from ESPN player info.
  • Lin has already declared himself unavailable for games 2 and 3 but has voiced his eagerness to try and make a go of it for game 4. However, if the Knicks are down 3-0 going into game 4 it is unlikely the Knicks would allow Lin to play. Lin has complained about "soreness" in his knee and will be re-evaluated on Monday. Lin has been out since March 24th.

Taken from ESPN player info.
    Was looking at stats for players...can't judge how good a player is, though i see his PPG is pretty high.
  • edited May 2012
    It's good to see Paul Pierce get a chance to drop 30 in the playoffs again. The Truth shall set you free.

Also, when asked why he punched the fire extinguisher case, Amare said he was tired of people saying that he never attacked the glass.
  • I didn't think Chicago would do this badly without Derrick Rose, at least not in the 1st round.
  • yeah, sux. Looks like the Heat is likely to take the east with Boston as the dark horse.

As for the west, it can be the Lakers, Clippers, OKC or Spurs. It's a little surprising to see OKC sweep the Mavs. But Id still bet for the Spurs to win it all. (Yeah, been a spurs fan since they drafted TD) :D More playing time for Splitter this season and (hopefully) no benching of Kahwi Leonard. Plus the late addition of vets Jackson and Diaw will make a difference.
  • Don't forget the Grizzlies, I still think that Memphis will win that series but I knew that would be a good matchup.
  • I figure the Celtics will handle the 76ers and the Heat will handle the Pacers and I knew the Grizzlies/Clippers would be a good series, but I did not see the Lakers/Nuggets series going to 7 games. If the Nuggets win that then I'm going to be dying from laughter.
  • Id love it when the Lakers lose. That's 2 down (Dallas and Lakers) :D
  • Uh series is tied up. Gotta beat the Lakers back in L.A. good luck.
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah, I'm still not sure what's wrong with the Grizz, with less talent they played better last year in the playoffs. And I'm not so sure about the Celtics although I like KG and would be okay with them if they could win it all.
  • I could talk more but really I just want to lol at the Lakers losing so big this game.
  • Go Pacers