Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anti Turtle: Who Defines it, and What Qualifies as AT?

edited February 2015 in General
So, what is AT?

Why does anyone that Anti turtle strategy need to be KT right away?
Anything special about it?

Comments

• ATs have been around for as long as I can remember and I've been playing for seven years. ATs are prevalent nowadays because of the insane bonuses given to DW, not to mention DWSL. The ability to break anyone and scare them from hitting you works and honestly is more fun and entertaining then just sitting around building LDs...but more douche. Also xDWx , most DW wont hit eachother now and just farm everyone else.
  • Regular build 60-40 AT- less then 50-50 and worse. Turtles are like 90k lds and 5k goons, personally I enjoy hitting them, juicy land but I'll hit many other prior to them but once my growth is more then the explore whore, I'll hit them. If that makes sense
  • So, it is okay to be turtle. As long as its random grab, that is all clear. But you won't get killed, because you are turtle.

However, being turtle would not be an excuse to bash you.

Flames: 90k/5K, def/dam, that is just wrong. LOL
  • They are out there, chess master is a big turtle sok him
  • Turtles are generally feared because their defense is strong and when big enough can mass TFs while staying very safe. At that point they become juggernauts and hard to kill because of their massive defense.

An Anti-turtle is defined as someone in a constant state of suicide i.e. 33% or less of total military in defense. Some KDs walk a line at 40% and after a couple of grabs have less than 33% defense. And everyone knows you cant protect a suicider so if a KD is in constant suicide, again 33% or less defense at home, then they becone "Free Land". Those KDs get KT'd when they start hitting back the guys who grabbed them and ALs are like "No More of this BS"
  • don't forget pie rules on ATs change as size changes etc
  • Thank you for your respond Pie.

I see you point of the turtles. Once the defense is high, then mass TFs... you're tough cookie to crack. But then again, since they are very slow growers, there are bound to be really big kingdom who can smack them. Probably, it may not be worth the land gain because of the heavy casualty that you will experience when grabbing a turtle.
    On the other hands, there are those kingdoms who have at 50/50 dam/def, at same land size, then you will target this kingdom as your landgrabs, compared to turtles.

In essence, turtles don't have much action in the universe, but personally, I don't mind them at all.

Anti turtle (correct me if this analogy is wrong) is basically hot headed players like Ben. They are on constant need for expansion, risking too much of their damn/def for conquest. After all, Universal domination is the name of the game.

That is fine, but also...do not whine when you get slaughtered, because you are wide open... there is that high risk of devastation in exchange for risky conquest.

33 percent or less def at home is just calling for disaster - is this technically suicidal kingdom or shall we define what is suicide first? I agree, you cannot protect a suicider.

How do you define a suicidal kingdom? (( also depends how far during the game? ))
    [as SL, you gotta be sure to make your call, if its suicidal or not]

a. sending 70% of you total defensive forces or
    b. defense points left at kingdom per land ( ie. 15 LD per land, or 1: 5LD,4LT, 2Tanks)

Now, suicidal kingdom are technically free land for a LIMITED time, when he sent those 70% forces out, say 17 hours max, troops will eventually come home.
    (bash rule don't apply for suicidal attackers, btw).

When their troops come home, and granting the suicidal kingdom survive his own error of judgement/living on the edge strategy, then he resumes normal game play.

He is NOT free land anymore, any SL can say "hey, back off, his troops are back, he has learned his lesson".
    The trick is when SL are not there to tell other players of his status, then the whining and bitching pervades the airwaves...and you got a disaster. *he bash me, no..you're open, no i'm not, that sort of thing.*

What I observe now, that Anti Turtle is an old strategy, that is a fine strategy, if anyone plays that way.

BUT BUT do not bitch and complain if you get hit/whacked and bashed when you are wide open. No ONE can protect you when you send 70% total forces out.

And AT players should inform their SL at the very beginning of the game, so to avoid conflicts within the rest of the game.
    ~Ashy
  • ATs have been around for as long as I can remember and I've been playing for seven years. ATs are prevalent nowadays because of the insane bonuses given to DW, not to mention DWSL. The ability to break anyone and scare them from hitting you works and honestly is more fun and entertaining then just sitting around building LDs...but more douche. Also xDWx , most DW wont hit eachother now and just farm everyone else.
    CountDakula: Thank you for your reply.

Ah, I get it.
    So, AT are also around because 1.) they have a DW planet which can be exploited to the advantage. And 2.) they have contacts, and they can watch each other's back.

That is understandable, granting there is a planet type that can be exploited, DW in this case.

Anti Turtle may send out large chunks of the attacking forces, but retaliations are few - because of contacts, SL bunos. This is interesting strategy of game play.
    So, with your scenario, they might dominate the game.

You are correct, that is more fun if you have more playing time, after all universal domination is what star kingdoms are all about.

~Ashy
    Damred: Yeah, I think the AL's should also make an agreement as to how to define suicidal kingdom, depending on how far are you in the game. Sort of formula, eg. day 7/90 day game or day 50/90 day game. That makes a big difference in growth and NW.

That's a very helpful comment to consider.
  • here is my defintion of AT..if your defense/offense difference is say this 33/77 you are AT. A good measure to me is if you can break yourselft1.5-2x then you fit the bill and are free land. this is a kingdom intentionally built this way, not a suicider.
  • you guys are just forgetting that later in the game big kingdoms are goin to be ATs if they are built right at some point. If I have 200k tank worth of d and the biggest offense is 70k tanks why shouldn't i built 500k tfs?
  • you guys are just forgetting that later in the game big kingdoms are goin to be ATs if they are built right at some point. If I have 200k tank worth of d and the biggest offense is 70k tanks why shouldn't i built 500k tfs?
    There's no need for this to change anything. Free land isn't the same as kting them.

If they aren't defended well enough to not be hit, and have that offense/defense disparity, they SHOULD be free land. If they are actually far enough ahead that no one can break them, calling them free land doesn't matter, because no one can break them anyway.
    Damred: Yeah, I think the AL's should also make an agreement as to how to define suicidal kingdom, depending on how far are you in the game. Sort of formula, eg. day 7/90 day game or day 50/90 day game. That makes a big difference in growth and NW.

Im sorry, but rules on ATs dont change as they get bigger. If you are in a constant suicide, you are free land. If no one can break you fine... but you are still free land and with DWs these days, it doesnt take long to mass troops. No SL or AL can protect suiciders and the formula is still the same as always.

100%-67% -Not Open
    66%-34% -Open
    33%-0% - Suicider

We had an Ajar at one point... but it was stupid as hell. Total Offense/defense at home...
  • We never had an "Ajar". It was a suggestion that went nowhere.
  • We never had an "Ajar". It was a suggestion that went nowhere.
    LIES! I SAW THE MEME!!
  • Bite my milky white ass Pie.
  • here is my defintion of AT..if your defense/offense difference is say this 33/77 you are AT.
    Can you do that math for me one more time?
  • Psh u hit anyone enough u make em an at/suicider ;) besides them lazy turtles lol
  • here is my defintion of AT..if your defense/offense difference is say this 33/77 you are AT. A good measure to me is if you can break yourselft1.5-2x then you fit the bill and are free land. this is a kingdom intentionally built this way, not a suicider.
    Definitely best Strat idea I've seen yet.
  • edited October 2014
    I think I know where Darius got his numbers from for his 'God strat'.

Im sorry, but rules on ATs dont change as they get bigger. If you are in a constant suicide, you are free land. If no one can break you fine... but you are still free land and with DWs these days, it doesnt take long to mass troops. No SL or AL can protect suiciders and the formula is still the same as always.

100%-67% -Not Open
    66%-34% -Open
    33%-0% - Suicider

We had an Ajar at one point... but it was stupid as hell. Total Offense/defense at home...
    I'll keep this numbers as baseline. Just to remind my new and older players alike.

Probably, this will be the same as 33/77 def/dam points said genstlemanfury up there.

The consensus that I am reading from this postings:

a. AT are built this way, and no way considered suicider.
    That is just the risk they take to dominate the game.

b. At the rate of 33% and below, no SL or AL will protect them.

Anyone else want to add to that description for AT?

Are you in agreement with Pie suggested 100%-67% well defended, 66%-34%open, 33% and below- suicidal kingdom?
    (Landfat kingdoms can be on another thread if anyone want to touch on that)

Anymore incoming Alliance Officers, Leaders wanna comment on these numbers?
  • oh, and when do you start calling free land? [NOT KT]

at open?

Suicide?
    There's no need for this to change anything. Free land isn't the same as kting them.

If they aren't defended well enough to not be hit, and have that offense/defense disparity, they SHOULD be free land. If they are actually far enough ahead that no one can break them, calling them free land doesn't matter, because no one can break them anyway.
    Merle: that's it! free land is not the same as Kill Target.

• The "Not Open, Open, and Suicide" goes back to the days of Retals. Back then, if you remember, you could hit a KD that was Open or Suicided without fear of retaliations as long as doing so didnt put you into one of those categories...

33% or less is suicided still and if your build is to keep 33% of your total military in defense... you are AT.
  • Open isn't a formal title at all, it's just a justification to hit some one. Any one is "open" if I can hit them. Free land would be the mainly DWs who can break themselves repeatedly, usually by an obscene amount.

Any one who plays DW knows theres a point where you all are safe from each other then one or more push a massive pile of goons. They might fall under AT but they are still safe... That wouldn't make them free land.
  • Pie: And does most Alliance leaders or officer see this numbers agreeable?
  • Open isn't a formal title at all, it's just a justification to hit some one. Any one is "open" if I can hit them. Free land would be the mainly DWs who can break themselves repeatedly, usually by an obscene amount.

Any one who plays DW knows theres a point where you all are safe from each other then one or more push a massive pile of goons. They might fall under AT but they are still safe... That wouldn't make them free land.
    This and this: of course they're free land, but since nobody can hit them that kinda takes the free part out of it.
  • Pie: And does most Alliance leaders or officer see this numbers agreeable?
    Just the suicide part these days.

Zeal, you are correct. Open is not a title anymore. At one point it was used, but that was a decade ago...
  • What if they are ajar?