Here's the list of sign ups: It's not too late to add your name until the roles are given out!
Death Eaters = Bad Guys;
Dumbledore's Army = They mess up the bad guys moves at the risk of death and can alert the order of phoenix.
Order of Phoenix = They fight the bad guys
Aurors Office = (Aurors are the magical equivalent of detectives), they arrest anyone they find at night time and can spy too.
Warning: the odds might be slightly against the death eaters but do not let this put you off! More on specific character's roles later!
----The RolesDeath Eaters
- Can not be killed except by a Harry & Dumbledore combo, otherwise kills(1) and flees when outnumbered 3+ to 1. If all other death eaters are killed Voldemort flees swearing he will one day have his vengeance. Can not be imprisoned in Azkaban. Bellatrix Lestrange
- Bellatrix's love for pain and suffering makes her go out and torture a fellow wizard once a night. The wizard does not die but is so deeply harmed he can no longer perform night actions.Lucius Malfoy
- Lucius Malfoy is deeply in the Minister of Magic's web of knowing and as such has access to the Auror's Council. The counsel does not know of his true allegiance.
Death eaters go out at night to kill. If they are intercepted before they reach their target they will fight whoever intercepted them. If the death eaters outnumber their opponents part of the group will break away to carry out the mission.
Death eaters have a 50% chance of killing, a 15% chance of immobilizing and a 15% chance of running away. Order of the Phoenix
- Can not be killed except by Voldemort. Can not be imprisoned in Azkaban. Holds the Elder Wand
. Sirius Black
- Can not be imprisoned in Azkaban. Will have the chance to aid Harry Potter, if Harry Potter finds himself outnumbered. Can transform into a dog to avoid detection, but can not attack as a dog. Dog transformation lasts during the day, disabling sirius from voting, but making it impossible to find him for lynch. Kingsley
- Kingsley is an Auror and as such is part of the Auror council. He's a good guy but can not reveal his allegiance with the order of the phoenix to the auror council in case it has been infiltrated by death eaters.Mr Weasley
- Can create moogle artifacts with a 50% chance they will work. (inventor)Remus Lupin
- Has a 25% chance of turning into a werewolf and not helping the order on that night unless he receives the wolfsbane potion.
The Order of the Phoenix can protect(a person), guard (a location) or kill (death eaters) during the night. The Order of the Phoenix can not carry out a kill mission unless they know their target is a death eater.
The Order of the Phoenix has a 25% chance of killing Death eaters, a 25% chance of immobilizing them and a 25% chance of escaping.
The order of the Phoenix has a 5% chance of killing Aurors, a 20% chance of working together, a 25% chance of immobilizing them, and a 25% chance of escaping Dumbledore's Army
- Can not be killed unless by Voldemort and Dumbledore must already be dead for this to happen. If caught, will not go to azkaban, but the names of those who were with him will be known by the auror's office. Hermione Granger
- When caught in battle, has a 25% chance of saving the whole group Ron Weasley
- Thanks to his deluminator, Ron can turn off all the lights in a location, giving them a 50% chance aurors will not notice them and try to imprison them. The deluminator gives the group 25% more chances of escaping. Ginny Weasley
- Has a 15% chance of successfully casting a bat curse when engaged in battle. Neville
- Is immune to Bellatrix's cruciatus curse and instead has a 10% chance of killing her and a 20% chance of immobilizing her.
Dumbledore's army has a 10% chance of killing death eaters, 20% chance of immobilizing them and a 20% chance of escaping them. If Ron is with the group odds of escaping are increased to 45% thanks to the deluminator.
Dumbledore's army has a 25% chance of immobilizing the Aurors, and a 50% chance of escaping them. If Ron is with the group, they have a 75% chance of escaping.Aurors
Aurors get to spy on 2 people (role & location) per night.
Aurors will take anybody that they find immobilized to Azkaban.
Aurors can protect (a person), guard (a location) or arrest during the night. The aurors need to know the person's location in order to arrest them.
Aurors have a 10% chance of killing, a 20% chance of working together with Order of the Phoenix or Dumbledore's Army and a 45% chance of immobilizing (anyone), a 10% chance of identifying whoever escapes them and a 10% chance of running away.
The way these odds(%) will work will be as simple as possible. A coin flip decides which team goes first. Add all those odds together e.g.
3 death eaters vs 2 aurors
Death eaters have a 50% chance of killing, a 15% chance of immobilizing and a 15% chance of running away.
Aurors have a 10% chance of killing, a 20% chance of working together with Order of the Phoenix or Dumbledore's Army and a 45% chance of immobilizing (anyone) and a 10% chance of identifying whoever escapes them.
Assuming the death eaters win the coin flip:
death eaters: 50*3 + 15*3 + 15*5 = 150 + 45 + 45 = 240
I put 300 into http://www.random.org/;
if it's 1-150, the first move is a kill;
if it's 151 - 195, the first move is an immobilization
if it's 196 - 240, the first move is an escape.
If the aurors didn't suffer any losses, I then add their odds together
10*2 + 45*2 + 10*2 = 20, 90, 20
if it's 1 - 20, the aurors make a kill;
if it's 21 - 110, the aurors stun/immobilize
if it's 111 - 130, they identify the attacker
Groups only get one kill per night. If they've already killed, their odds of killing count towards stunning/immobilizing instead. When stunned you are unable to move until the next night. You will be most unlucky if a death eater or an auror crosses your path. The bigger team always attacks first, if the teams are of equal size it is decided by coin flip.
To make the rule mechanics more similar to the usual WW game, you can now target a specific person. You can choose which path you take, if you don't I'll just take you along the quickest path.
Check the map,
Dumbledore's Army must end the night at Hogwarts,
Order of the Phoenix must end the night at Grimmauld Place,
Aurors must end the night in Ministry for Magic,
Death Eaters must end the night in Malfoy Manner
Malfoy & Kingsley can end at either Ministry for Magic or Malfoy Manner/Grimmauld Place respectively.
This means that for every night action you need to send me which path you want to take there, and which path you want to take back.
Red Lines can not be travelled on, Purple Line can only be travelled by the order of the phoenix.
Each day a mayor will be chosen. The mayor and whoever is traveling with him will be immune to Auror intervention.
Death eaters win when Order of Phoenix & Dumbledore's Army are dead.
Everyone else wins when all death eaters are dead.
Kill voldemort or Harry Potter = Epic End Game Scene.